Photoshop request, painted wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop request, painted wheels

I'm at work, so right now that's the only pic I have. Can someone ps the wheels black with the polished lip, and then black with a blue lip. I'm not sure what I want to do, but either way I'm starting when I get home.

Thanks.

On a side note. If I do decide to paint the lip, is there any way I can do it so it looks at least semi-professional. I've seen wheels that have a blue tinted lip, like the metal is blue, not blue paint over metal.
    Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM.

glad to see u got it back!

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
      glad to see u got it back!
      Thanks. I actually got it back later the same day. No wheels, stereo or intake, on blocks in a police impound lot... But I got it back.

Comment

I don't know how much it will help you but here's a write-up on how Keele did his. As far as the lip the only thing I could tell you is to just take your time with taping it.

Comment

Dupli-color metal cast will work for that look you want on the lip. Just make sure to put a strong clear over it. The metal cast straches easy.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
            Thanks. I actually got it back later the same day. No wheels, stereo or intake, on blocks in a police impound lot... But I got it back.
            umm what? I'm kinda late here. Got stolen or something?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
              umm what? I'm kinda late here. Got stolen or something?
              Yea I did. About a month ago it was taken from the front of my house, around 3am. I had it back by 10am. But that will never happen again. Nothing short of a tow truck will get that car to move.

Comment

here you go, to quick and dirty photoshopped pics. i only did the rear wheel, but you get the idea:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I vote for blue lip or solid black wheel.

Comment

i have a question. party due to the fact that im looking for an easier way out. instead of masking off the lip/spraying the center, then masking the center and spraying the lip...

what would happen or how would it look, if i painted the centers black first... then took off the masked area and sprayed the whole wheel with the metalcast paint? would the blue show at all on the black? or would it just act like a tinted clearcoat?

Comment

nobody?

im about to spray the metalcast. will it show on black paint if i dont mask off???

Comment

it shouldnt really. it might have a slight blue tinge in certain lights.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

ok thanks. im just gonna do it. masking was a huge pain in the ass, and i dont want to mask again to spray the lip.

ill post up pics when its all done.

Comment

alright gents, theyre done.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=147006

ill get some day shots tomorrow. im glad theyre done and ill never do it again.

Comment

Working...
                            X