I found some RECARO seats! But have a few ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some RECARO seats! But have a few ?s

I got these the other day off CL because I couldn't believe how cheap they were. I'm hoping they're real, which I think they are b/c of the quality of craftsmanship, and the way the seat recline mechanism functions w/ no slack compared to my current racing seats which are knockoffs and have tons of slop...but here goes.

Anyone know what kind of Recaros these are..ie: name/style? I need to get the little plastic trim pieces for where the harness goes through, most likely all 4 of them b/c they're cracked and damaged. I also was wondering how I would hook up my stock seatbelts to them? My current racing seats have a hole where the stock 17mm bolt can be secured....these don't. I'm hoping I won't need to get Recaro specific brackets...I know a guy that can weld pretty well though...think he could find someway of attaching a nut to the side so i can secure the seatbelt buckle?

I'm thinking about reapolstering the bottom cushion b/c its weather cracked and most likely pretty old.

^^^^the right one is missing the plastic piece in the back, thats why you can see the foam material inside.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

How much did you pay for them? Recaro seats are so easy to come by so these better have been cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      How much did you pay for them? Recaro seats are so easy to come by so these better have been cheap.
      200 for both

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I bought one way cheaper than you. $25 ftw!

But I need a bracket..

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
          I bought one way cheaper than you. $25 ftw!

But I need a bracket..
          yeah i already have brackets for my current racing seats I had to custom weld 1/4 inch thick steel stock to the OEM rails, I'm thinking they'll fit on those b/c the Recaros have those same 4 holes.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            yeah i already have brackets for my current racing seats I had to custom weld 1/4 inch thick steel stock to the OEM rails, I'm thinking they'll fit on those b/c the Recaros have those same 4 holes.
            I was so tempted to just buy another stock rail and modify the hell out of it.

Comment

go return those seats and get your money back. while your at it, punch the guy in the face for telling you those are real.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                go return those seats and get your money back. while your at it, punch the guy in the face for telling you those are real.
                what makes them not real? Are they supposed to have emblems somewhere? The reclining mechanism is WAYYYY better than my Yonaka Racing Seats...which are for sure knockoffs, so thats why I thought they were the real deal.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

those look chinese.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how do you ID them to see if they're real or not? anyone know?

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      what makes them not real? Are they supposed to have emblems somewhere? The reclining mechanism is WAYYYY better than my Yonaka Racing Seats...which are for sure knockoffs, so thats why I thought they were the real deal.
                      fake or not those look cool still.

Comment

those arent factory at all, look at those cracks and the missing piece. it doesnt even look like natural wear.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...TopicID=273244

that should give you an idea. always look for tags, engravements, stamps, serial numbers, part numbers. plus the seat adjuster are never like those on recaros.

Comment

At least he did say he wasn't sure if they were real or not.

Comment

but for 200 bucks? he got hit real bad with the jipped stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X