Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I designed a studio desk and I will be building it soon. Tell me what you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I designed a studio desk and I will be building it soon. Tell me what you think!

I just finished some draft copies of the design of the desk I will be building soon to make my studio more neat. I am planning on buying a 8 foot countertop from home depot to use for the top surface. The 2 side spots next to where the chair will be will have racks for the gear as you can see. My Korg TR keyboard will be countersunk in the middle spot, my multitrack recorder will be in the countersunk spot to the right, and my Pro Tools control surface mixers will be in the spot to the left.
    Everything in the pics are to scale.
    Just wanted some opinions on what people think.

Last edited by AbsurdNY; 10-17-2009, 12:09 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Looks really good! Seems like a lot of cad work though :P
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Not my kind of desk personly but it looks nice. I like desks that can face out into the room.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
          Looks really good! Seems like a lot of cad work though :P
          Thanks Matt. Yea it was a lot of work. Took around 10 hours total to make.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Not my kind of desk personly but it looks nice. I like desks that can face out into the room.
          What do you mean face out into the room? This is for a control room in a music studio. Behind the desk is where the window is that goes into the vocal booth. This desk takes up the whole length of the room. There is no other way to put it so it fits all my equipment. You can see what I mean in this pic of my studio:

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          looks good
          Thanks a lot bro. I still have to do some minor changes but that is basically what it will look like.
          Last edited by AbsurdNY; 10-17-2009, 04:24 AM.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

seems like the desk would bow if too much crap was on top of it.

unless those legs that arent fully drawn will actually be thick in the middle.

Comment

very basic, but depending on the material would look nice. Not feeling the exposed "holy" legs.

Are those slots for mixing board and pc keyboard/mouse?

Add some storage for blank cd/dvd, maybe hidden spaces/doors/panels in the back to run/hide wires
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                very basic, but depending on the material would look nice. Not feeling the exposed "holy" legs.
                The "holy" legs are the amp racks, the holes are where the screws would go to hold in whatever you want to put there

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                  seems like the desk would bow if too much crap was on top of it.

unless those legs that arent fully drawn will actually be thick in the middle.
                  Yea it's not fully drawn yet but I am probably going to use some steel underneath the top to make it strong. Most likely a steel beam horizontal in the front and the back underneath the top surface.

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

Are those slots for mixing board and pc keyboard/mouse?

Add some storage for blank cd/dvd, maybe hidden spaces/doors/panels in the back to run/hide wires
                  By the slots do you mean the countersunk parts? Yes those are the spots that my equipment will fit into. The legs with the holes are not legs at all. They are steel racks for standard 19 inch wide rack equipment like apuforyou has stated. The rack spots can also house a rack mount computer case and storage drawers. Here is what the rackmount computer looks like:

And here is what the rackmount drawers look like:

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
                  The "holy" legs are the amp racks, the holes are where the screws would go to hold in whatever you want to put there
                  Yup you got it bro! Thats what they are.
                  Last edited by AbsurdNY; 10-17-2009, 06:57 AM.

My member's ride

Comment

niiiiiice
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                      Thanks Matt. Yea it was a lot of work. Took around 10 hours total to make.

What do you mean face out into the room? This is for a control room in a music studio. Behind the desk is where the window is that goes into the vocal booth. This desk takes up the whole length of the room. There is no other way to put it so it fits all my equipment. You can see what I mean in this pic of my studio:

Thanks a lot bro. I still have to do some minor changes but that is basically what it will look like.
                      Ohhhh that kind of desk. I thought it was like an office desk. My computer desk is an L desk 1 side is on the wall the other side faces into the room so i can see the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Ohhhh that kind of desk. I thought it was like an office desk. My computer desk is an L desk 1 side is on the wall the other side faces into the room so i can see the door.
                        I can actually add pieces on each side but they can only be around 2 feet long

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                        X