Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating doing something MAJOR to my car this spring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating doing something MAJOR to my car this spring...

I want trouble going through a drive thru window.
    I want tollbooths to be a total pain in the patoot.
    I want cops to get frustrated as hell when they walk up to the wrong window
    I want to NEVER again be able to pass someone on a 2 lane road over the broken yellow line...

I want my steering wheel to be on the right hand side

I'm serious. I can snag a JDM front clip for about $1200. I can sell the engine (hopefully an F20), transmission, JDM lights, bumper lights, corner lights, bumper, radiator, and whatever other goodies I get to recoup most of the cost. Other than that, it would just be some modifications to my car...

Firewall
    Floorboards
    pedals
    clutch and brake components

And probably stuff that I have yet to research...

If someone wants to comment, feel free (that's why I'm sharing, rather than just surprise you guys). And info on what I would need to do would be great! I'm just starting to look into the technical stuff, so it'll be a while before I have it all figured out.

i would personally like to be the first to see the completed pics of that shit........ sounds like it will be straight up orgasmic if completed!.........-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
    tranny (no grinds)
    ECU
    DC header w/ heat wrap
    full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

damn deev, you're gonna own with this mod. jesus christ, do you stay awake at night and think of some sick neckbreaking mods? i really gotta see this one.

i can't wait for it to be done, and come down to dirty jerz to ride as a passenger on the "usdm" driver's side and laugh at people's expression when they realize i'm not the one driving. lol.

i'm still waiting for march to come down to your neck of the woods to get the cb painted.
      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Oddly enough, it was Mauricio that put the idea in my head. He mentioned that he was looking into it long ago, and I got all excited. It seems that the price is right, after selling stuff. Welding will be a bitch though. I need to learn how to do that, or pay to have it done! (anyone wanna trade some JDM parts for some labor? )

Comment

I think it would look sweet, but it would make driving a pain in the ass.

go for it man!
          --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Something tells me I wouldn't mind driving like that though... as long as I do it right and it doesn't have any mechanical issues.

Comment

Let me know if they give you a discount if they can get two out here. I've tried contacting everyone for a clip, but nothing.
              O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

You gonna put that in tha DEV book?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                  You gonna put that in tha DEV book?
                  If I'm successful, for sure!

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner the other day... My girlfriend called and started whining, and I couldn't tear myself away before you signed off. I could use some help in planning this! Relocating the brake and clutch reservoirs didn't occur to me until you mentioned it (as well as what, the clutch master cylinder?). Fortunately, I need new master cylinders (brake and clutch) so this will give me the opportunity to replace them!

Comment

Jason Wagner just did it with his 5th gen Accord, well he's still in the process of doing it but its a LOT of work.
                    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

OR.... you could do what I am going to do. I found a car exporter from japan and talked to them about buying a 91 CB9 wagon. I am going to buy the car and have it shipped over here. I have been wanting a wagon for a while to add to my cb accord collection and RHD and I ran across this place and they had one for sale. I am probably going to start the process in mid january. I am going to mod it with some cb parts from a sedan like 1 piece headlamps and a 91 sedan front bumper with fogs. But I would like to see someone do the conversion the DIY way
                      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

I wanna see the look on the cops face when he walks up to the wrong window.

Comment

Ya know, you can always back in whenever you're going to McDonald's drive thru Just think of the face of the person that's supposedly behind you...hahahaha it's going to be something like

DO IT BRO

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

welp, its definately doable, and its something i personally would love to try, it sounds like a fun yet challenging project.

a site mayberry sent me to a little while back, figured youd find it interesting. this is what youll be going thru: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1072221 dont bother reading the thread, its worthless flaming. just look at the pics

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah, I saw that... Looks like a pain in the butt! I think I still want to try it though. I'll need to get the hatchie on the road as a daily driver before I can attempt it. My girlfriend won't want to cart my ass around for that long!

Bsted, I'm still curious about what it takes to legalize a JDM car. In my past research, it seemed that WAY too much would have to be done. Of course, you should be getting your CB9 before I come close to starting this project... If you have no troubles, then I'll probably just import a whole car!

Comment

Working...
                              X