Whats you favorite Airline??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats you favorite Airline??

like the it says lol im saying cause all the airlines kinda seem pricy to me, but what do you guys recommend at the same time? I wanna go to san diego but southwest airlines is good but then us airways is good to.....but tell me what your guyses favorite airline is, any airline!!!

i drive...sw is cheap but not much else to say.

Comment

(Waits for Gary)

Anything but Alaska/Horizion.
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

i heard alaska was cheap well the last time from las vegas to mexico was like $240 round trip but hey i wanna see what gary says tho!

Comment

I've been flying back and forth from Seattle to Boise a lot lately for work, on both Southwest and Alaska. Southwest lets you pick your own seat as soon as you board the plane. First to check in, first to board (after business select). Usually your first drink is free, and there are only two seats in a row.

Alaska either assigns your seat or you pick online with no knowledge of who will be sitting next to you. And seating is crowded with three people in a row.

Now I'm saying all this from flying short distances on small jets, not huge 727's and what not. Just my .02
          Originally posted by chessboxer
          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

yea...i've always have liked southwest, but i also heard that us airways wants to kick southest's ass by us airways offering more options and more seats and more free lugage etc

Comment

1) Southwest gets my vote hands down.

2) Reasonable fairs, good service, timely departures and arrivals, excellent maintenance and safety record, and no hidden fees.

3) Southwest flies 737's. They all have 3 seats on each side of the aisle, or 6 per row, same as Alaska. However, they do give you more leg room than your average coach seat.

4) US Airways has recently INCREASED their fees, and they aren't reducing them as claimed.

5) Having some personal insight into the way US Airways has been run and some of the stuff going on behind the scenes, I don't prefer them at all. Due to the disagreements between the former America West side and the old US Airways side, they are an incident/accident waiting to happen.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hmmm wheres gary. hes always on a plane

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Yeah, I am always on a plane but it is always US Airways.
                  And don't even ask me anything about fares because I don't know them.

The last time I was on a commercial plane that did not say US Airways on the side was August 2005 when I flew on United from SAN-IAD. Before that was probably in 1993.

I would go on other airlines, but that would cost money. When I do my round-the-world-trip-in-one-week trip I will have to fly on different airlines.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  1) Southwest gets my vote hands down.

2) Reasonable fairs, good service, timely departures and arrivals, excellent maintenance and safety record, and no hidden fees.

3) Southwest flies 737's. They all have 3 seats on each side of the aisle, or 6 per row, same as Alaska. However, they do give you more leg room than your average coach seat.

4) US Airways has recently INCREASED their fees, and they aren't reducing them as claimed.

5) Having some personal insight into the way US Airways has been run and some of the stuff going on behind the scenes, I don't prefer them at all. Due to the disagreements between the former America West side and the old US Airways side, they are an incident/accident waiting to happen.
                  And yes Scott, something bad will eventually happen with the pilots union.

I took that picture in the bus stop hut in the employee parking lot in Charlotte.
                  Last edited by The G-Man; 10-03-2009, 04:55 PM.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

hey gary, but how do you go to go train or study after finishing high school? cause this is my last year is high skwel but i want to know what you did after high skewl in order to go and optain you pilot license...an help? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                      hey gary, but how do you go to go train or study after finishing high school? cause this is my last year is high skwel but i want to know what you did after high skewl in order to go and optain you pilot license...an help? thanks
                      Easy, just go to a small airport. It is likely that there will be a flight school right there. Go in and talk to somebody. You do not have to be finished with high school. Then go to college and get some unrelated degree.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

so lets say....i can go right now and get some studying and stuff done? without finishing high skewl yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                          so lets say....i can go right now and get some studying and stuff done? without finishing high skewl yet?
                          You can get a private pilot's license if you are at least 17.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            You can get a private pilot's license if you are at least 17.
                            yea ima be 18 in january....so im good then, but i go in the airport and just ask to somebody or what do i tell them? thanks gary!

Comment

Asiana Airline when going to home country.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X