Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street racing cars in CA crushed...one had an H22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street racing cars in CA crushed...one had an H22!

This was posted on my local forum....Aug 19, 2009 cars were caught street racing in Ontario, CA. 4 Cars were crushed. Crazy how that machine just ripped the engine/trans out like it was nothing, but it did take quite a bit of tugging to finally get it out haha (2:46 makes me cringe though). I like what it did to the radiators...like potato chips. Song gets REALLY annoying after awhile...so you may want to mute. Serves them right though...they had stolen parts in them.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-01-2009, 05:58 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    This was posted on my local forum....Aug 19 2009 cars were caught street racing in Ontario, CA. 4 Cars were crushed. Crazy how that machine just ripped the engine/trans out like it was nothing. I like what it did to the radiators lol...like potato chips.

linky no worky

edit: shit, nevermind. it works for me now

god, that almost made me cry! this is a STUPID FUCKING LAW. crushing a nice car just because the owner is stupid is just flat out retarded.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-01-2009, 05:44 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

What a freaking shame

Comment

Again, more stupidity from our great state of California!
        "yes lets spend money on crushing these cars!"
        Why not sell the cars for parts? MAKE MONEY for the state.

So what if the same guy who lost his car, buys the parts...steal his car again and sell the parts back to him again.

Sure it shows how "savage" they are, but I still find it a large waste of our tax dollars.
        Why not sell the parts and give that money to the state, or city?
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
          Again, more stupidity from our great state of California!
          "yes lets spend money on crushing these cars!"
          Why not sell the cars for parts? MAKE MONEY for the state.

So what if the same guy who lost his car, buys the parts...steal his car again and sell the parts back to him again.

Sure it shows how "savage" they are, but I still find it a large waste of our tax dollars.
          Why not sell the parts and give that money to the state, or city?
          yeah CA can def. use that money on their roads and highways for sure.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Mad skills by the operator...damn put that engine down spot on.

It's sad that they just crush the whole cars out of spite...if they just took the parts off they could sell them for shit loads.

I mean the JY get's 'em for free so it would cost them nothing...100% profit.

$300-400 for the rims and tires easy

I mean I get that they were "street racers" and they don't want the parts on the street promoting racing...just seems like a bunch of moronic actions to me. Anyone who believes for one second that crushing the car is going to stop illegal racing should be committed. What a waste

I guess it does serve one purpose...it keeps the idiots dumb enough to race in public enough places that they get caught off the streets...until they find another cheap civic, put on more cheap parts, and/or steal more parts...oh wait that's not very long at all
            ____

Comment

That video made me cringe.

That operator Handled it like he was using his bare arms, good skills

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

cold...strong...angry hands...
                hands that hate imports...
                they looked like such strong hands don't they? Such strong hands...
                ____

Comment

THAT machine remind me of cloverfield or some monster haha.
                  Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

If you race and get slapped with a heavy fine... ouch. You pay it and race again.

If you face losing your car... not just impounding, but 100% destroyed... you're less likely to race! (though racers don't take that into consideration when a crash could be just as bad)
                    It sucks, but I support that law. Drag strips exist, as do road courses. The law exists, and has existed for a while. People are aware. They race knowing that this is what happens if they get caught.

Sucks... but at least they're not crushing anything rare. I mean... Civics and Tegs are a dime a dozen... and I bet all those "nice" wheels are knockoff crap that anyone could get.

It's a waste, but not on the government's part. On the racer's part.

Comment

why not just grind off the vin and deemed the car as not streetable? can only be sold as race track only. then buyers would buy and race only on track.

if race on street without a registered car and get caught. jail time?

that way it forces ppl to acually race on the track?
                      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie View Post
                        why not just grind off the vin and deemed the car as not streetable? can only be sold as race track only. then buyers would buy and race only on track.

if race on street without a registered car and get caught. jail time?

that way it forces ppl to acually race on the track?
                        People would just go out and steal tags to put on their car for the night. You face jail time if you get caught street racing so I doubt it would matter. I see where you're comming from with this but if people want to race it's going to happen regardless. And people want to race lol. I didn't even finish that video.

Comment

if you seen how bad the street racing scene is in ontario california, you'd understand why they crush cars here.

i dont like it, but it is a good way to deter people from racing. Plus if you have stolen parts in your car, you automatically qualify for that. If parts were stolen from my car and put into another car that got caught, id be glad that their car got crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                            if you seen how bad the street racing scene is in ontario california, you'd understand why they crush cars here.

i dont like it, but it is a good way to deter people from racing. Plus if you have stolen parts in your car, you automatically qualify for that. If parts were stolen from my car and put into another car that got caught, id be glad that their car got crushed.
                            that's true. Guess I keep seeing it in the context of street racing in my area...which is non existent. In the context of your area guess it does make sense.

one night in my area this dude in an old school camaro tried to race a guy next to him from the light...there was a cop one car behind him, the other guy saw the cop...he didn't...pretty sure all he got was a ticket.
                            ____

Comment

They should impound the vehicles, sell them, use the money to help improve the roads, and the school system. Obviously drugs aren't a problem, or kids not getting a proper education.

Comment

Working...
                              X