No announcement yet.

Parts Guy rant.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah. i forgot. Carquest's new ignition supplier is Standard.
    same as kragen.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Haha, reminds me of that picture showing a "Microsoft Windows convention" with a Macintosh notebook behind the podium.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

(Trying to put this nicely) You guys are the reason I love going to work /sarcasm. (Guess who works at Pep Boys)

Given, I am not the smartest person in the world, but if your willing to work with me, I'll try to give you the best answer or part for your problem. Now, if you you come up to me at the counter, turn around and lean and not even look at me (and this has happened on several occasions), your gonna get the Jake Half-Ass Special.

Anywho, back to the topic of ranting. I hate when get people who come up to the counter, speaking little to no english, hands you the registration and expects you to know what a chev. (chevy) 4dr is. You proceed to try to figure it out, only recieving the answer 'yes' to everything. So, you have a chevy lumina cavalier etc...

I also love (more sarcasm) those phone calls where the wife/girlfriend calls, and has no clue what her other half needs

-"so, what motor do you have?"
        -"hold on... Honey, what motors in it?"

-"are you looking for the front, or the back?"
        -"is that important?"
        -"yea"
        -"hold on..."

There's more things that bother the hell outta me, but I can't think of them now.

Oh, and btw, I realize that alot of Pep Boys etc. employees suck. It really depends on who you talk to. I know this as a fact. If you happen to get one of the drivers, you'll be standing there for a bit while the person tries to find oil filter listings in the system.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by JPsAccordSE View Post
          (Trying to put this nicely) You guys are the reason I love going to work /sarcasm. (Guess who works at Pep Boys)

Given, I am not the smartest person in the world, but if your willing to work with me, I'll try to give you the best answer or part for your problem. Now, if you you come up to me at the counter, turn around and lean and not even look at me (and this has happened on several occasions), your gonna get the Jake Half-Ass Special.

Anywho, back to the topic of ranting. I hate when get people who come up to the counter, speaking little to no english, hands you the registration and expects you to know what a chev. (chevy) 4dr is. You proceed to try to figure it out, only recieving the answer 'yes' to everything. So, you have a chevy lumina cavalier etc...

I also love (more sarcasm) those phone calls where the wife/girlfriend calls, and has no clue what her other half needs

-"so, what motor do you have?"
          -"hold on... Honey, what motors in it?"

-"are you looking for the front, or the back?"
          -"is that important?"
          -"yea"
          -"hold on..."

There's more things that bother the hell outta me, but I can't think of them now.

Oh, and btw, I realize that alot of Pep Boys etc. employees suck. It really depends on who you talk to. I know this as a fact. If you happen to get one of the drivers, you'll be standing there for a bit while the person tries to find oil filter listings in the system.

Peace.
          x2 to all of that aside from the half ass special.

the blank look on my face means i dont understand ANY of what you just spoke in a different language. i would LOVE to speak and understand spanish fluently but seriously, i am a white guy. just by looking at me why would you think for a second that i can understand your foreign dialect here on english speaking american soil when you cant understand a word of mine???

the wife/husband calls are the worst. i flat out refuse to take second hand calls anymore.
          i straight up tell the wife that if her husband is too lazy to tell me the very same thing he just told you then i really dont have the time to take your call...... usually i get a chuckle from the wife, followed by a gruff sounding dick.
          guess whose price went up before even setting foot in the store???

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
            x2 to all of that aside from the half ass special.

the wife/husband calls are the worst. i flat out refuse to take second hand calls anymore.
            i straight up tell the wife that if her husband is too lazy to tell me the very same thing he just told you then i really dont have the time to take your call...... usually i get a chuckle from the wife, followed by a gruff sounding dick.
            guess whose price went up before even setting foot in the store???
            Shoot, wish I could tell customers that. I bet if I did, I wouldn't be working there anymore.

Another one: I hate when people come up and ask for tie rod ends for a chevy 350. Then when you ask what kind of car it is, they give you that look like your supposed to know what that is.

I hate guessing games. Someone walks up and hands you a relay, without saying anything. You ask what does it do, like is it for the fuel pump, horn, so on, and the customer says "I dunno, I think it's bad, though. Can you test it?"

Grrr...

Comment

Originally posted by JPsAccordSE View Post
              Shoot, wish I could tell customers that. I bet if I did, I wouldn't be working there anymore.

Another one: I hate when people come up and ask for tie rod ends for a chevy 350. Then when you ask what kind of car it is, they give you that look like your supposed to know what that is.

I hate guessing games. Someone walks up and hands you a relay, without saying anything. You ask what does it do, like is it for the fuel pump, horn, so on, and the customer says "I dunno, I think it's bad, though. Can you test it?"

Grrr...
              pretty sure that my boss has only fired a small handfull of people in the 40+ years he's been doing this.

one of my co-workers flipped one of our delivery trucks within two weeks of being hired. he's been there two years longer than i have.....

another one of my co-workers (who drives a NASCAR in the Camping World series) got in two wrecks in two weeks. he is currently out on surgery leave, but he'll be back....

pretty sure i'd have to be found with a pile of coke and 2 cheap hookers in the back warehouse DURING business hours to get fired. after hours is probably ok.....

Comment

what if i was a hot chick crei?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

You'd get a discount.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

better get my clothes and make on.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                      Mmm, what about Car-quest ?

I always see auto mechanic shops using them to replace parts, at least in my area.
                      we rarely use them. i really dislike their parts, they're slow to deliver, and almost everyone of their employees are tools.

i worked in the seattle distribution center for a month

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        better get my clothes and make on.
                        whoa! hold on there cowboy! if you want a discount that bad just say so....

but wes....
                        if you were to be a female i would hope you look something like that super cutie cousin of yours.....

send her over with a plate full of chicken mole and some chile rellenos and you can pretty much have the keys to the shop....

Comment

I too am a parts guy at a privately owned auto parts that specializes in foreign car parts and i feel you 100% on all the points you made. Its kind of part of the job and its kind of the trade off for having endless hrs of surfing the web and messing around while sitting in nice cool air conditioning. Its like being a surgeon doctor or paramedic and getting mad when you get blood on you. I must admit catch me on the wrong day and im 100% with you on taking out my frustrations on the customer. it seems to be getting worse with the economy now that everyone is trying to be their own mechanic to save a buck. you end up getting people that have no business even touching a car let alone try to fix one.
                          Last edited by imd12nv; 09-26-2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Amen!!!
                            DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                              whoa! hold on there cowboy! if you want a discount that bad just say so....

but wes....
                              if you were to be a female i would hope you look something like that super cutie cousin of yours.....

send her over with a plate full of chicken mole and some chile rellenos and you can pretty much have the keys to the shop....
                              i have a cuz thats a little bit more your age

i ahve a lot of cousins :o
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                i Have A Cuz Thats A Little Bit More Your Age

I Ahve A Lot Of Cousins :o
                                No Soup For You!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X