Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some shopping assistance! TV and netbook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    The 9hr battery life is really the only thing that seems better with the Toshiba as far as the specs go.

I adored my Aspire One, even though it only lasted 6 months. I think I'll stick to that. If the next one dies quickly, then I'll say they suck. Until then, I'll just say I got a defective one.

Would you really need a 4gb drive? I have XP on a CD, which is well under 1gb.
    Hmmm ok well like i said i was going to get the Acer Aspire one too and ive only heard good, i still think they look better then the toshibas.

And i believe it was a 4g. It was to install vista or windows 7, not XP.

I might also try running Ubuntu on it since im only going to need to do limited things.

Comment

I know friends have gotten really good deals on TVs at Coscto, check video only if you have one.

Amazon.com for netbooks. Well at least a good place to check.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
        Yes, they do offer the HD channels, but you have to rent the HD box which makes it possible to watch the channels, which costs and extra $13 a month. Just something you want to think about.
        yeah I loved the fact I had to get a hd box to watch hd channels on my hd tv
        needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

My friend says he doesn't need one... I don't know if he doesn't know what he's doing, or if Comcast does something differently in my area... I haven't seen it firsthand yet.

I checked Best Buy for the Acer... no dice. All they had were $300+ Sony, Dell, and HP netbooks... and some cheaper solid-state EeePC and HP models (I tried the HP... not bad, but a little slow to load stuff for my taste... and way small on the storage end!)

Found a decent 40" Insignia HDTV though. 1080p, 120hz, $700. I'd like to spend less... but when comparing the 60hz 720p TVs side by side with the 1080p 120hz... I didn't like the graininess of the cheaper ones. I might have to cough up another $200 to get something better. Do it right the first time, right?

Now that I'm learning a bit more about these things, and narrowing down exactly what I want, I can shop more seriously.

Comment

Working...
          X