Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe im behind the times, but I've got MMS with my iPhone!!!!! YEAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe im behind the times, but I've got MMS with my iPhone!!!!! YEAY!

i tested it between mine and my wifes phones. send a pic from hers to mine and everything worked great.

btw, both phones are on at&t, jailbroken on 3.0.1os.

from hers

on mine

How did you do it ? I think i just wait until AT&T releases the MMS feature on the Iphone towards the end of this month.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

plug your phone in and update the software...they've had mms for a while now...
      ..[CB7][STAR]..
      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

about time iphone got MMS...kinda sucks they are the top of the lin shit and don't have MMS haha...

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
          plug your phone in and update the software...they've had mms for a while now...

Do you have an iPhone? Have you actually tried it andbeen successful? I heard it was going to be enabled soon and was supposed to be part of the 3.1 release. But I got it to work on 3.0. And as far as I know, if you update to 3.1 for mms capability, you lose your jailbroken ability. And from what I've read, there is not a jb/unlock for 3.1

Comment

If you want to do it. You need to get supreme prefs 3.0 from cydia. Then you need to enable mms through that, as well as the ability to edit network settings. Then when you go back to your general network setitings you will be able to manually edit the apn settings and enter the AT&T settings for mms. Then you just reset your phone and you will have the little camera icon next to your text box. Simple as that. Now you can keep your jailbroken phone with the 2.2 or 3.0 operating system.

If anyone would like more detailed steps. I'll let you know tomorrow or you can try searching on google. I'm laying in bed right now and I don't wanna get up.

Comment

Stewie is Canada and I think they've had it, we got screwed in the US as usual

Comment

wait, what?

why is mms messaging on an iphone special? hasnt it always been able to do that?
                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                  wait, what?

why is mms messaging on an iphone special? hasnt it always been able to do that?
                  Nope. At&t never enabled it for the iphone. Which really sucks considering they have $30 phones that can send mms. So most people including myself that have unmodded iphones are not allowed to send mms and picture messages. Hopefully that changes this friday! At&t claimed that you wouldnt need mms when you could just send multimedia in an email..... BS

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                    Nope. At&t never enabled it for the iphone. Which really sucks considering they have $30 phones that can send mms. So most people including myself that have unmodded iphones are not allowed to send mms and picture messages. Hopefully that changes this friday! At&t claimed that you wouldnt need mms when you could just send multimedia in an email..... BS
                    but my friends have sent me pictures from their iphones a lot >_>
                    wtf
                    峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                      Do you have an iPhone? Have you actually tried it andbeen successful? I heard it was going to be enabled soon and was supposed to be part of the 3.1 release. But I got it to work on 3.0. And as far as I know, if you update to 3.1 for mms capability, you lose your jailbroken ability. And from what I've read, there is not a jb/unlock for 3.1

That is absolutely correct.

And you aren't really behind the times, this is still relatively new.

so new that I haven't bothered to get mms on my tmo iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
                        Stewie is Canada and I think they've had it, we got screwed in the US as usual
                        ive had the iphone for over a year, but ive only had mms for maybe 2 months....

but yeah it works great and i love it!! finally i can get bitches to send me pics!!
                        ..[CB7][STAR]..
                        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                          but my friends have sent me pictures from their iphones a lot >_>
                          wtf
                          through email or txts?

Comment

I still don't have mms on my iPhone 3gs some people got lucky and had the mms block removed already. I haven't had mine off yet. I have to wait untill September 25th for it to be removed

Comment

It's not that big of a deal. It was to me though just cause I wanted to see if I could do it, since AT&T is an asshole about it. Every phone in the world can mms except the king of all phones. Makes no damn sense.

And also I wanted to get it working because I am sick of having to update and rebreak my phone. Reinstalling everything is a pain in the ass. And by the time everyone has broken 3.1, apple will roll out 3.1.1 or 3.2, just to fuck with us or give us more abilities that should have been there since day one.

Comment

Working...
                              X