Looking for "The Ring"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for "The Ring"

Well yall... its that time, I am going to go out shopping for "the ring". I never thought that it was going to be this soon, but I guess getting your girlfriend pregnant kinda changes all that. I guess its a good thing though, its not like I wasnt planning on this at some point...

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

We would wait till we are both out of school (about a year and a half from now) before we would ever get married...

Comment

Wishin' you the best of luck. In my case, it didn't work out. I was w/ my ex since '96. We got engaged after five years. And then we broke up recently. I was with her for about 7 1/2 years. I let her keep the ring. But needless to say, I'm with a girl who's made me completely forget about the bad parts of life. LOL!

Just know that it's supposed to be a life long commitment. Good luck!
      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

damn Ken, I was shocked/suprised when I heard about that man. I was just at a loss for words, "woah na" . But if you need anything though man, gimme a call up though. But I hope things will work out though and I wish ya the best of luck!! How far along is she? Do you know yet at all or no? But if the marriage thing still happens, I better get an invite damnit!! j/k
        R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Sup DOOOUUUG?

Sure man, you will get an invite, just like the rest of the "posse"

She is about 2 weeks into her 2nd month now. I am living at her place now, 3 nights in, and so far so good, haha. I hope that it just stays that way, her place is pretty friggin small. Its all good though. My dad is going to put a bathroom in for us above the garage where those 3 rooms are, so that will be our new place. Its a pretty big area too with it being a 4 car garage.

Comment

Kewl Ken .. I also read the *other* post where you had made mention ..but
            thought I'd wait.. till I atleast knew for sure (or saw a thread like this one) before I handed out the
            congratulatory type of "woah na" .. lol

Best of luck to you both ..and may your child be a Happy and Healthy future CB7Tuner

When do you both know the gender? I cant wait for the: *Help Me Name My Kid* thread ..

"woah na"
            Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

You were planning to marry your girl anyway, right? All this is doing is speeding up the process.

Planning to marry after school is done is a smart choice. A long engagement will be a good "trial period". Like Fizz said, don't just get married because you'll have a kid together. It will be better for the kid to have non-married parents than to live in a household where noone is happy. The "stay together for the kids" stuff is bull... I've actually studied it (I'm a psych major with a child studies minor... actually, in 2 weeks, I will have my degrees in that stuff!)

Good luck man. I hope there will be a small CB7 meet at the reception!

Also, when you DO shop for the ring, be tough with the salesman! Those jewelry stores mark up diamonds like crazy. I went looking with my girl last week, and the lady dropped $250 off te price!

Comment

hey bro congrats but like the guys say dont get married wit her cause she is preg get married wut her cause ur sure i honestly didnt marry my baby till 12 years in gotta learn all the habits and yeah she is my kids mother so just make sure

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
                If God is for Me
                Who Dares be aganist Me!
                BX Crew
                HSHO # 6
                Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

thats gonna be one hell of a change in living space there Ken, when you do move into the house! that is one big room!! Atleast you two will have your own privacy there though.

Have you went lookin for the ring yet? like deev said, be a tough salesman, thats the best way to get a decent deal on things.

where is her place at? is it in n.r.? if so, i am not too far away when I am at school and maybe I can stop by and chill wit ya sometime. when are you guys moving into your new house?
                  R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

I know we don't know each other, so you may feel like "Who the hell is this jack-ass to say shit?!", but just thought I'd share my thoughts... I proposed to my girl on Oct. 3rd, 2003 (her birthday...). Just as we were starting to get good and into the wedding planning phase, long about Jan. '04 we found out she was pregnat. I'm not gonna lie, at first I was devistated... a kid was the last thing I wanted... hell, providing for my self was hard enough... full time student a collage, working part time at $7/hr. for approx. 31 hrs. / week... then the real devistation came when her first responce was "the wedding's off."! I was like "Why? What the hell? Why can't we get married just because you're pregnat?!" She said "The lack of money." To make a long story shorter, our son got here on the 3rd of Aug. 2004 (weird how my son and fiance's birthdays are both on the 3rd... ) And we decided to wait on getting married. We do live together, and plan on having a wedding sometime in the spring or summer of '05. I know some of you are saying "I thought your profile said something about your wife?!" Well, we are so close she just feels like she's my wife in my heart and mind.
                    The point I'm tring to make is shit should be alright for you if you already planned on getting married in the first place. Don't let a baby stop you, or for that matter don't let a baby be the only reason you get married. Best of luck in all of it, the birth and wedding, if you have one. Just don't lose site of what you both want!
                    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Oh, yeah. On the ring... Unless you are dead set on spending a small war pinchion or an arm and a leg, I got my girl a cubic zercoina (I suck at spelling... ) at Wall-World for like $40! It's an idea... Hey. It's the thought that counts, right? She loves it, and her family dose as well. The're none the wiser!
                      Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova92LX
                        Oh, yeah. On the ring... Unless you are dead set on spending a small war pinchion or an arm and a leg, I got my girl a cubic zercoina (I suck at spelling... ) at Wall-World for like $40! It's an idea... Hey. It's the thought that counts, right? She loves it, and her family dose as well. The're none the wiser!
                        Wow. That's just wrong. I can see agreeing with your girl that you would buy her a real one later if you were short on cash. But to just not tell her, that's pretty low.
                        I do agree that rings are way over priced and it IS the thought that counts, but to lie to your wife about something like that is just wrong. I hope for your balls' sake she never finds out.
                        She might pull some Bobbitt shit on you.
                        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                          Wow. That's just wrong. I can see agreeing with your girl that you would buy her a real one later if you were short on cash. But to just not tell her, that's pretty low.
                          I do agree that rings are way over priced and it IS the thought that counts, but to lie to your wife about something like that is just wrong. I hope for your balls' sake she never finds out.
                          She might pull some Bobbitt shit on you.

Whoa... I never said she dosen't know, just her folks! She is well aware of the fact that the ring is a cubic. I got to thinking later about that last post and figured someone would think I ment my girl... Sorry for the missleading info! She said that there was no sence in spending all kinds of money on an engagement ring, that that was more money I could spend on her in better ways!

Comment

Can you post a pic of this girl you got preg? I wanna see what your hitting......

Comment

so whats up with the ring situation? did you find one that you like and have in mind? you haven't posted in here for a while.. so get your ass back here! haha.. hope all is going well.
                              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
                              X