How Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long?

Heys guys, I'm kind of an impatient guy and can't even wait to do the simplest things to my ride. My mom gets annoyed of all these plans I have in my head and keeps trying to make me think realistically. So, she told me to ask you guys to give me insight on how long it took you to get your car to completion(or when you were satisfied) and how much money and effort it took. i can already imagine years of work and loads of money for some rides on here, but i want to get individual stories.

thanks in advance for posting

About 7 inches. Maybe a little more on a good day.

Comment

i could of seen that coming

Comment

To actually answer you though... My car is still nowhere near complete. It's been in the works for 6 years, and I don't know if I'll ever actually finish. It's ongoing.

Comment

I have been messing with cbs since like 2002. Its been 7 yrs. I dont think I have anything to show forth.. Especially my main car which is not my blue sedan...

It depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much work is DIY. If you do most of it then you dont need to get raped with labor on all the mods you want to do.

Just go with the flow or just dont go with the flow. Its all a personal decision.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Its been 6 years and this is my 2nd Cb , been through alot of buying and reselling of parts trying to find the right fit and style id like to achieve its all on how much time money and effort u want to invest , be patient man ull get there someday , I know I will eventually
            93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
            1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
            1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
            1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
            1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
            1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

I never thought of a car as something that I need to finish. Usually I plan things one at a time as money allows until I either A) get a pile of parts built up and force myself to install them or B) get bored and buy a different car
              FA1

Comment

I've been building mine slowly, but it's been a little over two years and I'm not done, but I'm happy with my progress. You can click my sig for my MRT.
                I'm putting down about 160 whp, not counting the N2O. I have less than $2000 total in the entire car, including audio and nitrous.

Any car you build is going to take time and money. As long as you realize and take the time to do it right, you'll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Fuck. You took my response.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

probably about 10 grand bewteen two cars. dont get into car modding.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

3,500 bucks so far. about 2 years

3 big money burners where:
                      -motor
                      -body/paint
                      -wheels/tires

the rest is Love.

still no drop or tint, which is usually the first thing anybody does

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

I've spent like $700-$1000k on mine (sig) and i've had it for about 6-7 months (gotta look on the title)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

my mom would think all of you are completely insane. she doesnt want me to spend more than the car is worth- which i probably will as i get older. i guess she doesnt understand whatever makes us want to do this to these cars.

Comment

just do it progressively and persuade her that the modifications make it safer.

brake upgrade is safer
                            better suspension is safer
                            you need more power to get out of sticky situations so that's where the turbo comes in

and everything else is maintainence. your mom wouldnt want you to break down in the ghetto and endanger her son's life right?
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I only modify something when replacing a broken part. Every one of my mods has been a repair as well as an upgrade.

Tires go bad, it's more cost-effective to buy new wheels with tires on them. Brakes go bad, slotted and drilled rotors with performance pads. Shocks blow, new lowering springs and sport shocks. Transmission slipped... H22 engine and transmission swap. Exhaust rusted in half... custom 2.5" exhaust. Rusty rear quaters... cut and weld repair with paint job. Chipped headlight... HIDs in JDM one-pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X