Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAY!!! I get to buy a new windshield!!! Whoopee!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY!!! I get to buy a new windshield!!! Whoopee!!!

Yup... Two days ago, apparently...

Some ass in a totally unmarked dumptruck (so I can't hold them accountable) was hauling some large granulated material... salt, stones, whatever. The point is, one of the little buggers escaped and attacked my windshield! I heard a loud tap when I was following this stupid truck, but I didn't see any damage. I floored it and passed the thing so I wouldn't get bombed any more, but it was too late. I got in the car yesterday and saw a nice shiny crack going halfway across the windshield... soon to be all the way across. The chip made by the rock was on the very edge of the glass, where it's black. I didn't think to check that part when I got to work Thursday night.

The bad thing is that in NJ, I can't pass inspection with the crack... not that I would ever pass anyway, but that's not the point. If a cop were to see it, I would probably get a ticket. I've gotten pulled over for that before. It's also not safe, and with winter coming, it should be repaired.

My old 93 Cavalier wagon that I had before the CB7 cost me $160 for a new windshield, installed. Hopefully the CB7 won't be much more! I don't remember if I had the blue strip on the Cav... If I can get tint-free glass for less, I'll do that... then take blkhonda1991's lead and get a nice black tint strip going across

The good news is that 4 military fighter jets just made a REALLY awesome flyby in formation over my house... They were really low, so it was loud. Really cool (it's for the Army/Navy game across the river from me )

i got a new one like 6 months ago. New ones rock lol. The tint strip is soooo nice on mine. Its like as dark as can be.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

How much did it run you?

I'm so broke right now that I might need to borrow from my mom... and she's broke too!

Comment

You don't have glass coverage on your insurance?

Comment

Hmmm... You know, I never thought of that! I always just think of insurance as something I have to have... I never really think of the uses of it (and to think I was a business student! Hell, I have a degree in business already! )

Comment

That sucks, but then it's good. It's much safer to you and the other drivers out there. It sucks because you have to pay the money, but you will have a nice new clean winshield that has no cracks and is crystal clear.

I have a 6" tint strip on the inside of my window, and a 8" on the outside and it blocks 100% of the light. It's nice!

Well good luck with the window swap and all that.. be glad you have a nice clean window now.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

When my car was in the shop getting a large dent fixed the guy offered to get me a new windshield for $130 installed. I should take him up on it. I have so many pits and what not. Stupid ass trucks:|

Comment

i thin my friend told me that if you have AAA, the insurance would cover it for you for free.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have AAA, but not their insurance... I'm on Liberty Mutual. I wonder if it would still be covered...

Comment

I payed about $230. The shitty thing is since I don't know anything about insurance my sister suggested I make a claim for the glass. I called and made the claim, but at the end they're like..."Well you don't have the proper coverage so we'll claim this but you have to pay for it." So a claim went through, my insurance went up, and I had to pay for it! The new glass was pimp though. The guy who installed it had those big suction cup thingies, I wondered if he could climb up buildings with them.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I was in a lane next to a 18 wheeler about a week or so ago. I was about 40feet from his back tires when I hear a rock or something hit my windsheld. I looked it over and found a nice pit in the windsheld, but it still has yet to form a crack.

BTW I love the good news of the fighter jets Those things are awsome!
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

so the blackhousing headlights werent enough!? now you gotta take the tint strip idea too!? haha, i think i paid about 130 for my last windsheild...i think ive gone through 3 of them since i had the car

Comment

Jay just told me that I might be able to get a gold tint strip on my car. I have to look into that. It would go with my wheels!

Comment

happened to me last year on graduation day (may 27th)..... then i parked my car in a parking lot where of course it was hot as hell....... and the chip turned into a huge ass crack across my whole windshield....... oh well just claimed it on insurance and it was fixed the next day..... a day after it was fixed..... it happened again damn it!......-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                            tranny (no grinds)
                            ECU
                            DC header w/ heat wrap
                            full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                            $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Jay just told me that I might be able to get a gold tint strip on my car. I have to look into that. It would go with my wheels!
                              now that id like to see

Comment

Working...
                              X