Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone may not have seen this.. J32a swapped eg hatch. FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have to be a very large scoop... which, IMO, would look incredibly stupid. I wouldn't drive a Civic or Integra that looks like I swapped hoods with a WRX that had elephantitis...

Comment

cowl induction hoodscoops would look alright. I bet a 2" cowl would clear it. And I don't think it would look hideous.
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I'd have to see how one handled... and they're going to have to come up with a hood that will fit (and not look incredibly stupid.) Otherwise, I don't see this being a mainstream trend.
        Remember back in 2001-02 when they had that ugly hood with nostrils lol.

Cervinis Auto had a really sick sniper hood for the EM1 Si's around that time as well.

Like I said give it time Deev.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
          my homie ben was the camera guy in the vid haha... small world.
          I think I met him before. Pink Civic?
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

JDM Engine Zone is great. That's where I purchased my h23a dohc vtec from. Great customer service and everything!!!

Now that I recommended them...BUY that J30 and be the first in the world to ever do a j swap in a cb7 lol...no for real!

Comment

Wow, so much to say in response to this whole thread

First off, the J will not surpass the K in terms of the Civic and Integra swap crowd. The K's produce a perfect amount of USEABLE power and allow the car to remain agile. I've yet to see a V6 Civic or Integra that would outhandle a similarly built K'd up Civic or Teg. That, and the aftermarket support for the J is virtually non-exsistant and will most likely stay that way because of the cars they come in from the factory.

Ronald's car would be in a magazine tomorrow if it had a flawless body. I know he loves his car, as do I, but magazines aren't going to feature a race car unless it is a full on race car that competes in a national series or is hitting crazy low numbers in the 1/4.

10k for a paintjob is highway robbery. Even for a magazine worthy car.

If you want to see what the current/new trends will be go over to Honda-Tech. Sure, there are plenty of choch-bags over there but there are also hunderds of movers and shapers that dictate what will be the next big thing.

Accords and Preludes don't get featured as much as Civics and Integras because not as many people heavily modify them as do the Civic and Teg crowd.

When was the last time you saw a 40k build thread on a CB? Wait a second, when was the FIRST time you saw a 40k build on a CB? Never, and that's the kind of stuff you're compteting against when it comes to the magazine features. Availability of rare parts also plays a part in it. There are way more options out there for Civics and Integras compared to the Accord platform, ESPECIALLY the CB platform. At least Japan graced the CD chassis with a few rare parts.

This isn't to say it is impossible for a CB to get featured. I may have missed it earlier, but has everyone forgotten about StickyDil Joe when he had his CB? That car made it to the COVER of Honda Tuning. Not just a feature, but the headliner. His car didn't have anything that everyone on this site's ever seen. Not at all, the majority of the parts he had were simple to find and easy to buy. However, his build was thorough and well done. Everything was perfectly put together. The paint was flawless, the stance was great, it had an H22, ect. That's what Chris was talking about when he said a build needed to be well rounded. Sure, 500whp Accords are awesome but they aren't what a magazine is interested in printing.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i want to see a RDX swap with the turbo!!!!
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                  Wow, so much to say in response to this whole thread

First off, the J will not surpass the K in terms of the Civic and Integra swap crowd. The K's produce a perfect amount of USEABLE power and allow the car to remain agile. I've yet to see a V6 Civic or Integra that would outhandle a similarly built K'd up Civic or Teg. That, and the aftermarket support for the J is virtually non-exsistant and will most likely stay that way because of the cars they come in from the factory.

Ronald's car would be in a magazine tomorrow if it had a flawless body. I know he loves his car, as do I, but magazines aren't going to feature a race car unless it is a full on race car that competes in a national series or is hitting crazy low numbers in the 1/4.

10k for a paintjob is highway robbery. Even for a magazine worthy car.

If you want to see what the current/new trends will be go over to Honda-Tech. Sure, there are plenty of choch-bags over there but there are also hunderds of movers and shapers that dictate what will be the next big thing.

Accords and Preludes don't get featured as much as Civics and Integras because not as many people heavily modify them as do the Civic and Teg crowd.

When was the last time you saw a 40k build thread on a CB? Wait a second, when was the FIRST time you saw a 40k build on a CB? Never, and that's the kind of stuff you're compteting against when it comes to the magazine features. Availability of rare parts also plays a part in it. There are way more options out there for Civics and Integras compared to the Accord platform, ESPECIALLY the CB platform. At least Japan graced the CD chassis with a few rare parts.

This isn't to say it is impossible for a CB to get featured. I may have missed it earlier, but has everyone forgotten about StickyDil Joe when he had his CB? That car made it to the COVER of Honda Tuning. Not just a feature, but the headliner. His car didn't have anything that everyone on this site's ever seen. Not at all, the majority of the parts he had were simple to find and easy to buy. However, his build was thorough and well done. Everything was perfectly put together. The paint was flawless, the stance was great, it had an H22, ect. That's what Chris was talking about when he said a build needed to be well rounded. Sure, 500whp Accords are awesome but they aren't what a magazine is interested in printing.
                  The supply will follow the demand. If many people start swapping J series into the Civics, then you can bet that people will build parts for them. Look how much the market has already proliferated in a short time for swap parts. Soon, there will be engine companies with interest in making parts. Plus, they don't need much to put out what would have previously been ridiculous amounts of power.

Also, I don't totally agree that a boosted 4 cylinder isn't just as much overkill for such a light weight FWD chassis.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    Also, I don't totally agree that a boosted 4 cylinder isn't just as much overkill for such a light weight FWD chassis.
                    That, too me, would depend largely on what turbo and how much boost.

An I4 motor with, say, a t3 turbo running only 6 pounds of boost won't *generally* create a rediculous amount of power.

Bolting a T88 onto the front of a b18 would be overkill.

Hell, most things with T88 turbos are overkill.
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

But why would you want to build up a J-series if you're going to drop it into such a light chassis as a Civic or Teg? Stock, the J's are already pushing the threshold of useable power for the chassis. Significant advances in traction control will need to be made before people start heavily modifying J's.

Comment

But why would you want to build up a J-series if you're going to drop it into such a light chassis as a Civic or Teg? Stock, the J's are already pushing the threshold of useable power for the chassis. Significant advances in traction control will need to be made before people start heavily modifying J's.
                        U would throw it in to be different and on the forefront of the Civic modding frontier

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Most H-T cars don't have to pass any performance threshold to be featured. Most of the time they don't even list the power they put down, let alone any kind of lap time or w/e. Plus most of the time the articles are more just lists of what parts are available... you don't get a sense of what the owner's goals were, if they even had any.

RTR's car is one of a kind with many one-off custom pieces and a well-thought out plan for his end goals. The car looks good, and I'm sure would do decently on a road course... which isn't really a factor anyway. Your car is prob magazine worthy with the tuck and everything... the resolution of pics here is way higher than most of the stuff you see in H-T.

I just don't see what H-T stands to gain by continually shutting out Accords and Preludes. I mean there have been times H-T ran the same articles on the same cars more than once, and of course they were Civics or Tegs. Just seems kind of goofy to me.
                          no most cars in h-t dont, but most cars in h-t are ore street cars... a car like ronalds is set up for track events.... and the fact that it is gets it a pass when it comes to being flawless and stunning... therefore it would need some numbers that proved to be impressive...

his car is VERY well put together, but its not setup for what mags are looking for... u cant be mad at the magazine for not catering to what everyone builds.... and like stated above his car very well COULD get featured...

like i said earlier, the magazine world doesnt shut out the accord/prelude community, the accord/prelude community does.... there has to be something VERY clean and VERY much well put together, and then on top of that it has to have rare and high dollar setups.... thats what mags look for... not something u see everyday on cb7tuner. and thats me speaking, someone who spends hours on here almost daily, so what makes u think a mag editor is gonna notice the few times something like that pops up...

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            U would throw it in to be different and on the forefront of the Civic modding frontier
                            I was referring to BUILDING a J-series, such as new pistons, cams, ect. I was not discounting the swap at all.

Overall, I'm with Chris on this one. There are great Accords and Preludes out there but few are built with the same attention to detail that those gracing the covers of magazines are. oneoffaccord's build was one of the most detailed I've seen in a while but I think magazines would overlook it due to the overall style of the car. I love it, but it's just not what people buying up Honda Tuning and Super Street pay to see.

Even though the majority of the cars in these magazines are Civics and Teg's there are COUNTLESS other civics and tegs that are just as good that aren't getting magazine coverage. Go to shows like Nisei and Import Alliance and you'll see the quality of cars that are out there. Still, only a few of those guys have had magazine features. I'm just saying that the bar is incredibly high for magazine coverage these days and someone would have to do a crazy build to to get featured.

Honestly, StickyDil Joe's car probably wouldn't get coverage if it was just built now. That was one of the most "magazine worthy" CB's built and to say that it wouldn't get featured today shows how the game has changed and expectations have gone through the roof.
                            Last edited by Tnwagn; 09-14-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I could almost see TypeG getting a mini feature, something along the lines of how keeping it clean makes a lot of difference. If his car wasn't so clean, it really wouldn't be so special compared to some others. But that's his niche if you will. attention to detail.

Comment

There are cars already harnessing 500+WHP, so a 300HP J hardly seems impossible.

Plus, no matter what, that J series is going to provide relatively more reliability at whatever power level you build it to, because it is less stressed as a function of displacement, not to mention the powerband.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X