Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone may not have seen this.. J32a swapped eg hatch. FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    is it really worth 3k+ for a motor to get you into 12.8 or just get a h22 more homemade turbo kit on a b series more half the price to get you into the same times? like come on dude.

yea there are, because they arnt widely know to be modified. mostly civics and tegs are popular for that.

500 for a motor. yea thats nice. 1500 for a tranny and about another 1k for a swap kit. now your at 3k. thats not cheap!

yes 500 for motor+ tranny, mounts and conversion harness, axles etc

So it's cool to mod an accord because it's relatively uncommon, but it's not cool to do a motor swap thats very uncommon? I mean, if your argument is that accords are cool for being unique, then you shot yourself in the foot because I see ALOT more modded accords than I do J32 civics
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

is it really worth 3k+ for a motor to get you into 12.8 or just get a h22 more homemade turbo kit on a b series more half the price to get you into the same times? like come on dude.

yea there are, because they arnt widely know to be modified. mostly civics and tegs are popular for that.

500 for a motor. yea thats nice. 1500 for a tranny and about another 1k for a swap kit. now your at 3k. thats not cheap!
      not everyone cares about the cheapest way to get the most performance... people have a lot of other goals when it comes to doing unique swaps.... and the reliability of a stock NA honda vs a turbo honda(especially a home fabbed setup) will NEVER EVER EVER compare...

if we are talking about being competitive, bring any accord in the WORLD and ill bring a civic, lets see who wins. u really dont wanna argue that an accord is a better straight line performance platform. do u?

who cares if it isnt cheap, sometimes saving tons of money on a setup isnt the goal.... sometimes its about having something u are proud of, especially when its not something u see everyday....

this concept is no different than people putting m5 V10's in a tiny e30 platform..... i dont get why people are so opposed to something that is clearly a step forward.

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
        not everyone cares about the cheapest way to get the most performance... people have a lot of other goals when it comes to doing unique swaps.... and the reliability of a stock NA honda vs a turbo honda(especially a home fabbed setup) will NEVER EVER EVER compare...

if we are talking about being competitive, bring any accord in the WORLD and ill bring a civic, lets see who wins. u really dont wanna argue that an accord is a better straight line performance platform. do u?

who cares if it isnt cheap, sometimes saving tons of money on a setup isnt the goal.... sometimes its about having something u are proud of, especially when its not something u see everyday....

this concept is no different than people putting m5 V10's in a tiny e30 platform..... i dont get why people are so opposed to something that is clearly a step forward.
        Because some people think that certain cars only look good certain ways. Like most people want a "JDM" accord. And what's more JDM than ebay parts and the same motor everyone else puts in it, right?

I would love NOTHING more than to see a Built, sprayed F22 cb7 with a body kit, flushmount wing and lambo doors. It's the best of every world that rarely gets seen. Built F22, nitrous, body kit, lambo doors. Sure, nearly everyone here would hate it. But at least one of the MR's would look different. Jspec, I used to HATE your wheels. Now I love it because, while it's not my taste, It's not ITR's or slips. (which I see alot of where I live)
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

If money's no object why'd u bring up the cost of the motors earlier

I mean I get the uniqueness factor, but that's totally subjective & not arguable... my personal opinion, the sacrifices don't really meet the gains in light of all the viable alternatives. If the goal is to have a 13 second Civic this is not the best way to go. If it is to be unique, then more power to them...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

because if accord members cant spend 600 on a header, yet over 2k on turbo setups, than talking about 3k+ motor swaps and builds is pointless.

if you hate accords that much, sell yours and buy a fucking civic already

im not cheap. i spend 5k on my accord already, and ill spend another 10 to get it want i want it to be. im not going all out jdm, because everyone else is. im not going to get a lip kit or body kit, because everyone already has. my goal is a k24 awd swap pushing 700+ hp for scca track and mountain runs use. thats all. after i accomplish my goal, have some fun with it, ill sell it and move on.
            Last edited by quickangel93; 09-13-2009, 07:16 PM.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

because if accord members cant spend 600 on a header, yet over 2k on turbo setups, than talking about 3k+ motor swaps and builds is pointless.

if you hate accords that much, sell yours and buy a fucking civic already
              Feel free to not post shit like that. We're having a discussion, not a crybaby fest.

No one said he hates accords, he's arguing that civics are easier and cheaper to modify. And he's right. There is NO arguing that point. Why so defensive?

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                Feel free to not post shit like that. We're having a discussion, not a crybaby fest.

No one said he hates accords, he's arguing that civics are easier and cheaper to modify. And he's right. There is NO arguing that point. Why so defensive?
                civics are cheaper? are you a fuckin moron? civic guys spend more money than we do.

i could post whatever i want, this is a public forum. so fuck off.
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

i have a civic. i like my accord much more.... i never once said i hated them i just understand that they arent superior in every way like a large percentage of members around here...

the fact that they cant spend 600 on a header or more on other parts is exactly my point. if they cant do that id love to see someone build an accord to be competitive with people who actually build cars....

there are members who arent afraid to invest just so u know...

i was speaking of the swap in general, meaning in civic/integras.... and whatever else...

edit: theres no need to get frustrated man, its just a discussion.

The Chronicles.

Comment

civics are cheaper? are you a fuckin moron? civic guys spend more money than we do.

No one told you not to post what you want. I asked you kindly not to get my thread locked without spelling it out. Maybe I should have, so I will now.

Feel free not to post things that will get this locked. We are having a mature conversation, and if you can't handle it, you can find another thread to play in.

And civic guys that spend more money on their cars then us also get more results. The bottom line is, you would be in a hard spot trying to swap, build and boost a CB7 for the same cost as a civic. Go ahead and make your car an argument, I'll trump it right now with this; There are ALWAYS exceptions. But in general, a civic would be cheaper to mod, easier to find parts for, and given how many modded civics there are vs. modded cb's, It would take a fool to argue that.

Comment

i have a civic. i like my accord much more.... i never once said i hated them i just understand that they arent superior in every way like a large percentage of members around here...

the fact that they cant spend 600 on a header or more on other parts is exactly my point. if they cant do that id love to see someone build an accord to be competitive with people who actually build cars....

there are members who arent afraid to invest just so u know...

i was speaking of the swap in general, meaning in civic/integras.... and whatever else...

edit: theres no need to get frustrated man, its just a discussion.

yea but you also stated that swaps are cheap, showing motors worth 500 bucks. that will start a disput between you and another member.

accords arnt superior, but i remember that till this day, people on the streets still talk about my boosted accord. yet people who own civics, they forget about them. reason being, there is so much of them.

seeing a v6 swap in a civic isnt new, they been doing it for some time now. and k series started getting old, even tho their new motors.

everytime you pick up honda tuning, you let me know if any gen accord or lude got in there. theres very few. i hate it when people superior civics and tegs, they so old and ***. like honda created a bunch more models than them.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Yea but when you say stuff that makes no sense ppl have the right to call u out. Bad day?

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You might revise that comment about civics being three stars. Deev just gave someone else 3 days off for it, and seeing how you already through a fit in here Im sure you would get at least 3, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                            No one told you not to post what you want. I asked you kindly not to get my thread locked without spelling it out. Maybe I should have, so I will now.

Feel free not to post things that will get this locked. We are having a mature conversation, and if you can't handle it, you can find another thread to play in.

And civic guys that spend more money on their cars then us also get more results. The bottom line is, you would be in a hard spot trying to swap, build and boost a CB7 for the same cost as a civic. Go ahead and make your car an argument, I'll trump it right now with this; There are ALWAYS exceptions. But in general, a civic would be cheaper to mod, easier to find parts for, and given how many modded civics there are vs. modded cb's, It would take a fool to argue that.
                            lowdollar, aww-shiet, boost lee, accord sir, karmaaccord, chessboxer, straightedge even all have nice accord or accords with more power than your average civic, yet they dont quality for even a feature in a mag or get little respect from people. but your average swapped civic or teg, reaches mags and gets more respect.

ask any dsm boosted accord guy, most of them didnt spend that much money to get into 14s with a family sedan that runs high 16 or low 17s
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Yea but when you say stuff that makes no sense ppl have the right to call u out. Bad day?
                              how can you not understand me. pm me if you need help. ill teach you english

no im having a gooood one
                              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

yea but you also stated that swaps are cheap, showing motors worth 500 bucks. that will start a disput between you and another member.

accords arnt superior, but i remember that till this day, people on the streets still talk about my boosted accord. yet people who own civics, they forget about them. reason being, there is so much of them.

seeing a v6 swap in a civic isnt new, they been doing it for some time now. and k series started getting old, even tho their new motors.

everytime you pick up honda tuning, you let me know if any gen accord or lude got in there. theres very few. i hate it when people superior civics and tegs, they so old and ***. like honda created a bunch more models than them.

cheap is subjective... to me 3k is cheap for something of that stature. i have more invested in wheels.

no need to argue that point anymore...

i agree its cool having an accord that sticks out, i never said it wasnt... i just said i like the idea of a v6 swap....

u can probably count all of the civics/tegs uve seen v6 swapped on one hand.... no its not the newest idea but its definitely not fully developed yet...

i agree there arent all that many accord or preludes in honda tuning. u wanna know why? because very few people with accord and preludes deserve features. guess why ''civic guys spend more money than we do."

mags have to keep sponsors happy, its a business like everything else, so an accord with a legend lip and some blackhoused headlights doesnt really portray whats going on in the aftermarket.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X