Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone may not have seen this.. J32a swapped eg hatch. FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The K does have more potential than the H. The only thing that really makes the H a good choice is the cost. For $10,000, you can have a more powerful H22 in a CB7 than you could a K24. As the cost of the K swap drops, the H's advantage will also drop.

The J also has plenty of potential. I wish I was into doing the J swap. I'd pick up one of those $500 J32s!

If you can fab mounts and axles, you could probably also fab an adapter for J2B... if it's posible.

Comment

i thought about a j or a k swap, still may do a high compression k swap in the cb7 at some point, but for the time being i already have a few h22s and a bunch of parts and a lot of resources so i think im gonna play with that for the next few years...

j2b would be scary haha....

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

I think if I ever did anything but my H22, I would build an F22. Ever since Bisi came on showing the potential of the F22, it makes me wish I had one to play with! Something about retaining the stock CB motor and whupping ass with it NA is extremely appealing!

I'm already trying to figure out what I want to do otherwise... I have 1.6 H22s sitting around... one is on the way out, and one is waiting to be built. I have a supercharger that I plan on putting on the failing H22, and I keep eying a turbo kit... and I've always wanted NA!

Comment

i love the idea too! my old f22 head is going tens lol....

but yeah i really thought about the supercharger idea. and i like it a LOT but i still wanna build something NA, the accord will never be a drag race monster, but it sure can be competitive with cars above its class, which can be fun...

The Chronicles.

Comment

are u guys serious .... we have a thread about "dreams" of putting a jseries into a cb. its already been said that the hardest part of the swap will be getting a tranny and then the wiring.
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              i love the idea too! my old f22 head is going tens lol....

but yeah i really thought about the supercharger idea. and i like it a LOT but i still wanna build something NA, the accord will never be a drag race monster, but it sure can be competitive with cars above its class, which can be fun...
              Yeah, the supercharger is just unique. I have the piece... but I need to fab mounts and piping... and I'm lazy. I also have to figure out how to deal with the throttle closing, as well as how to route intake piping when the supercharger isn't turning (it's clutch activated... and the goal is to have it off below 3000rpm)

The Accord can be quick, but a lighter chassis will always eat it. It does well in autocross and road racing, though. Sadly, drag is the cheap way to race!

Comment

what do u think the odds of the bisi H header being offered as a group buy as well are? lol i cant wait till that releases!

The Chronicles.

Comment

debateable to a stroked h22? how about stock reliability? a stroked h22 is less user friendly than trying to pull off a j swap, unless of course u are either experienced in engine building or u had it put together by someone which=money.

and ur right i didnt mention any of that, but i was speaking of people doing swaps and looking out for deals... there are people who spend 10k on k swaps, and people who spend 5 on H swaps.... everyone out there who doesnt think its too much work are going to make this swap accessible for everyone else.... the mounts arent all that expensive.... and are going to only come down in price as popularity rises. the motors on the other hand are going to go up in price. right now is about the perfect time to grab one for a future project if thats what ur into.... its cool that people didnt think it was too much work and got these things crammed into their cars, and like i said its been done over and again for not much money in the grand scheme of things.

and that "adapter" u need for h2b happens to be around the cost of a 6 spd tranny for a j swap.

and for the record K>H
                  Well to do this swap right ur gonna need to do some welding... IDK if u have to weld for the H, but on B20vtec I see tons of 'H2B ready' swaps for sale for under $2K easy no prob.

Plus u can get the OEM H23 DOHC VTEC for maybe a g, throw in regular H22 or H22 Type S cams and be on ur way to J power. And in a Civic that weighs like 2,000# the extra weight of the J prob makes a huge difference.

Not sayin it's totally not worth it, but between the extra weight, expensive tranny, hood fitment etc there's a lot of shit stacked against it. I more wish this swap were developed for Accord chassis (even though the market is obviously not there.) as that would make more sense for DDing.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

wow at those prices for a h2b swap, that sounds VERY shady to me....

and ur h23vtec "theory" is just that, sure people have gotten it to work, and others have gone kaboom! and as the old adage goes, "there is no replacement for displacement" its very true, the potential is much higher and its something new, why stick with old technology? it just doesnt make much sense at all.

the weight as stated earlier is really a non-issue, and like i was saying earlier, companies like hybrid racing are handling the other little issues all the time. soon enough the hood wont be a problem at all... and DD'ing isnt what everyone has in mind. i totally get most people do but there are lots of people like myself who like the idea of having more options out there for projects.... if someone didnt have the idea to stick a K in a civic a bunch of years ago the market on b swaps would still be extremely inflated.

believe me i understand where u are coming from, but like i said in another thread.....
                    the bottom line isnt everyones bottom line.
                    Last edited by J-specCb4; 09-12-2009, 02:05 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

what do u think the odds of the bisi H header being offered as a group buy as well are? lol i cant wait till that releases!
                      If the F series group buy actually happens... and I hope it does... I expect an H group buy would be 100% likely.

Making this F series header group buy happen is the best way to retain a good connection to Bisimoto on this site! Once he knows we're a serious market, he'll cater to us much more. Until now, we've been all talk and no cash.

Comment

1) The J series weight is not much more than an H22. I would be willing to bet around 50lbs or less. Not a big deal. The new ones actually weigh less than the old ones because of the cast exhaust manifolds integrated into the heads, the magnesium intake manifolds, dizzy less ignition, and in the case of the J37 in the TL and RL the composite cylinder liners.

2) A J series STARTS where a bolt on H series is at. Even the crappy J30A1 is as strong as an H. Put a full exhaust and a few other bolt ons and you are into a mild build H series. Pick a newer high revving J35(RL, TL-S, Accord 6 speed coupe, etc) and you are approaching 300WHP with bolt-ons and you haven't even cracked the engine open yet. Actually crack the engine, and it is anyones guess.

3) The trannies are an issue, but then again, the K series all spin the same way, and if a B series tranny could be adapted to an H, then a K series tranny could be adapted to a J. I actually wouldn't be completely surprised to learn the trannies are very similar.

We have owned quite a number of J series. A 3.0L auto in a 3600lb car was as fast as an H22 swap with mild bolt ons. I know, because I tried it. Put that same engine and tranny in a CB7 and it is all over. Build it and it won't even be funny.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

People must have missed that 30+ page thread we had about the V6 swap. Oh well, whaterever.

No top end compared to a B, but other than that the J-series is an incredible powerplant when paired with a light car like a Civic.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
                            Yeah I guess its not really worth the time/labor/price if your expecting amazing results at the track and all....

but man that shit is just bad ass...(please don't make me explain it lol)
                            is it really worth 3k+ for a motor to get you into 12.8 or just get a h22 more homemade turbo kit on a b series more half the price to get you into the same times? like come on dude.

cuz accords are so much better?

and 12.8 is just the tip of the iceberg.... not to mention these swaps are more than cheap... they can be done for the cost of what an h swap costs in a cb7.
                            yea there are, because they arnt widely know to be modified. mostly civics and tegs are popular for that.

500 for a motor. yea thats nice. 1500 for a tranny and about another 1k for a swap kit. now your at 3k. thats not cheap!

i dunno where ur looking. my friend owns j32a.com.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H...Q5fAccessories

5 bills?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...Q5fAccessories

and another for a grand... they have been bought by MANY for as little as 300 bucks on ebay....

this guy has 6 of them for 500 each....

http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=42

with companies like hybrid racing, who gives a shit if it doesnt drop right in. im pretty sure u fail to see that this isnt all that uncommon anymore.

and when it comes to traction issues, its no different than boosting a fwd honda. people seem to be successful with that.

as for the suspension issue the motors dont weigh in all that much more than a k swp or h swap.... and once again with companies like hybrid racing and the like, people are getting effective spring rates to make the weight issue all but non existant

and yes. they can and have been done for what people spend on H swaps.
                            yes 500 for motor+ tranny, mounts and conversion harness, axles etc
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              1) The J series weight is not much more than an H22. I would be willing to bet around 50lbs or less. Not a big deal. The new ones actually weigh less than the old ones because of the cast exhaust manifolds integrated into the heads, the magnesium intake manifolds, dizzy less ignition, and in the case of the J37 in the TL and RL the composite cylinder liners.

2) A J series STARTS where a bolt on H series is at. Even the crappy J30A1 is as strong as an H. Put a full exhaust and a few other bolt ons and you are into a mild build H series. Pick a newer high revving J35(RL, TL-S, Accord 6 speed coupe, etc) and you are approaching 300WHP with bolt-ons and you haven't even cracked the engine open yet. Actually crack the engine, and it is anyones guess.

3) The trannies are an issue, but then again, the K series all spin the same way, and if a B series tranny could be adapted to an H, then a K series tranny could be adapted to a J. I actually wouldn't be completely surprised to learn the trannies are very similar.

We have owned quite a number of J series. A 3.0L auto in a 3600lb car was as fast as an H22 swap with mild bolt ons. I know, because I tried it. Put that same engine and tranny in a CB7 and it is all over. Build it and it won't even be funny.
                              1. I would def wanna see proof of that. VQs are lighter than SRs but SRs are iron. I don't see how 50% more displacement, valves, pistons etc can only weigh like 10% more... that doesn't make any sense. Plus J32s and Oddy 35s are abundant, but I would imagine the later versions with the magnesium IMs and all that to be wiring nightmares & unfeasible at this point in the game.

2. True true. You can't replace displacement.

3. I have always said this would be the key for opening up the J swap universe... either that or better auto ratios & better shift control. In any case, even with the falling K-series tranny prices those kits do not come cheap. Plus that kit will drive the motors and trannies up in cost.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The placement of the engine is something else to consider. If the engine sits too far in front of the axles, it's going to handle like a pig.

Comment

Working...
                                X