Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone may not have seen this.. J32a swapped eg hatch. FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    12.8 is slow for a v6 powered civic. lol at civic guys and their traction issue.
    cuz accords are so much better?

and 12.8 is just the tip of the iceberg.... not to mention these swaps are more than cheap... they can be done for the cost of what an h swap costs in a cb7.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

There's no way a J32 in a Civic would be as cheap as an H22 in a CB. The J32 would cost at least as much as the H22, and unlike the H22 in the CB, the J32 won't drop right into the Civic.

But yes, 12.8 is impressive. That's what Corvettes run. Faster than stock STis and EVOs.

It's true though, traction would be an issue, and front end weight would make the car a bit ungainly, I would think. I always wondered why V6 swaps haven't been more common in Civics... I mean, lots of work... but Mazda did it stock with the MX3 V6.

Comment

Yeah, and the MX3 v6 was a tiny ass motor. It was a 1.8 liter, if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          There's no way a J32 in a Civic would be as cheap as an H22 in a CB. The J32 would cost at least as much as the H22, and unlike the H22 in the CB, the J32 won't drop right into the Civic.

But yes, 12.8 is impressive. That's what Corvettes run. Faster than stock STis and EVOs.

It's true though, traction would be an issue, and front end weight would make the car a bit ungainly, I would think. I always wondered why V6 swaps haven't been more common in Civics... I mean, lots of work... but Mazda did it stock with the MX3 V6.
          But you know, all that weight over the front wheels would make it a good drag car. It's purpose built, not impractical lol. (It's all about wording...)
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

man just read up on these swaps and they seem to be getting popular. even with the 3.5 from the MDX :O

Comment

It would make ONE HELL of a DD. Still very fuel efficient, and it could roll on alot of faster from the factory cars.

But you would need a big cowl hood to cover up the VC... Which would look nice compared to all the other hoods I'm seeing (either factory or CF factory)
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

i dunno where ur looking. my friend owns j32a.com.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H...Q5fAccessories

5 bills?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...Q5fAccessories

and another for a grand... they have been bought by MANY for as little as 300 bucks on ebay....

this guy has 6 of them for 500 each....

http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=42

with companies like hybrid racing, who gives a shit if it doesnt drop right in. im pretty sure u fail to see that this isnt all that uncommon anymore.

and when it comes to traction issues, its no different than boosting a fwd honda. people seem to be successful with that.

as for the suspension issue the motors dont weigh in all that much more than a k swp or h swap.... and once again with companies like hybrid racing and the like, people are getting effective spring rates to make the weight issue all but non existant

and yes. they can and have been done for what people spend on H swaps.
                Last edited by J-specCb4; 09-12-2009, 06:16 AM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

wonder what a cb would look like with a v6 bulging out of its hood...
                  96 mx-6, needs work...
                  91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

ya'll are missing the best part of the video is from 6 seconds to 13 seconds

the CB!
                    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

H swaps in a CB7 cost pretty much what the engine costs... and whatever tools you need. The J32 would require mounts, wiring, axles, etc... I would think a J32 in anything that it didn't initially come in would be as costly as a K swap in a CB7. I could get a K24 for $500 as well (and the J32s for $500 shocked me... I didn't expect them to be so cheap, being so new!) And yes, the J series doesn't weigh that much more than the larger 4 cylinders... However I believe the mounting position would end up putting more weight than one of those 4s in front of the axles... which throws off weight distribution considerably. The weight itself isn't nearly as much of a problem as WHERE it is.

I would think the J32 would probably fit pretty well in a CB7. Our engine bays aren't all that much smaller than the C27 equipped CDs. It might be tight, but I don't think we would have stupid looking cars if we crammed a V6 in there.

Comment

thats why i said what some people spend on an h swap, there are some 2-3k and higher dollar h swaps on this site, and everywhere else.

also, a 500 dollar k24 is gonna be a LOT less than impressive.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Eh, it depends on where you get the K24. They're pretty old now.

And yeah, that's true. My H swap cost me nearly $5000 in the end. But if I had a shop do a J swap into an EG... it would cost way more! (the shop that put my H in did EVERYTHING backwards... they wouldn't even be able to figure out the J)

But now... I could do the H swap for the cost of the motor, fluids, and whatever tools I don't currently have. No custom mounts, no custom axles, no custom shift linkages. The J32 would be a LOT of custom parts. The only way you could do a J swap into a Civic for the cost of an H22 into a CB would be if you're an experienced fabricator.

Comment

they are old, and gaining in popularity. k swaps are known for being 6-10k depending on the motor u use... tsx motors are nice but i believe the accord k24 isnt any better than doing any other dohc vtec swap.(in stock trim of course!)

there really isnt much fab work at all, but i would imagine most of the people who would be trying to throw a 6 cylinder in a car that never dreamed of having one from the factory for the most part knows their way around a civic.... and honestly i cant even really describe how much more simple civic engine bays are.
                            Last edited by J-specCb4; 09-12-2009, 12:10 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              i dunno where ur looking. my friend owns j32a.com.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H...Q5fAccessories

5 bills?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...Q5fAccessories

and another for a grand... they have been bought by MANY for as little as 300 bucks on ebay....

this guy has 6 of them for 500 each....

http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=42

with companies like hybrid racing, who gives a shit if it doesnt drop right in. im pretty sure u fail to see that this isnt all that uncommon anymore.

and when it comes to traction issues, its no different than boosting a fwd honda. people seem to be successful with that.

as for the suspension issue the motors dont weigh in all that much more than a k swp or h swap.... and once again with companies like hybrid racing and the like, people are getting effective spring rates to make the weight issue all but non existant

and yes. they can and have been done for what people spend on H swaps.
                              Motor's not the problem bro, it's the tranny. If ur cool w/going automatic then it's no problem. 6 spds are rare as fuck, and if you find one expect to pay a nice $1500 or w/e for one.

Plus you completely disregard the cost of the mounts, the harness, custom axles etc etc. For an H all you need is a B-series tranny and adapter, no new harness or anything. Plus it will fit under the hood, and not add another 150# to the nose (I think they weigh like 30# more than a B-series). So I don't think the J is that great of a deal. Even the K is debatable compared to a stroked H22A.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

debateable to a stroked h22? how about stock reliability? a stroked h22 is less user friendly than trying to pull off a j swap, unless of course u are either experienced in engine building or u had it put together by someone which=money.

and ur right i didnt mention any of that, but i was speaking of people doing swaps and looking out for deals... there are people who spend 10k on k swaps, and people who spend 5 on H swaps.... everyone out there who doesnt think its too much work are going to make this swap accessible for everyone else.... the mounts arent all that expensive.... and are going to only come down in price as popularity rises. the motors on the other hand are going to go up in price. right now is about the perfect time to grab one for a future project if thats what ur into.... its cool that people didnt think it was too much work and got these things crammed into their cars, and like i said its been done over and again for not much money in the grand scheme of things.

and that "adapter" u need for h2b happens to be around the cost of a 6 spd tranny for a j swap.

and for the record K>H
                                Last edited by J-specCb4; 09-12-2009, 12:36 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X