Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone may not have seen this.. J32a swapped eg hatch. FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    u know why? because nobody else is doing shit in the industry.... thats fine tho different strokes. some people wanna make absurd amounts of power, for very little coin. yes its cool, but it doesnt keep the aftermarket booming. which is very important to the growth of the sport.

people really cant complain if they arent doing something more substantial.

the only reason someone like ronalds car isnt featured is maybe because of the paint. u people think the magazine world has it out for accord owners... u are extremely incorrect.
    I would think a car like Ronald's would spurn way more spending and product interest than another K-swapped Civic with a $10K paint job.

I think there have been and still are some pretty significant builds here... technically intensive builds that have provided a shit ton more insight than a generic K-swapped Civic. If you guys are concerned about capturing a bigger audience & generating more ad/product interest, I don't see why you wouldn't open up to the Accords and Preludes, even if they aren't super 1000x clean. I know the culture in SoCal is about Civics & Integras, but the import community goes beyond that.

Meh IDK

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Guys, that video was shot around the corner from my house....

Never seen that car before though...
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

u know why? because nobody else is doing shit in the industry.... thats fine tho different strokes. some people wanna make absurd amounts of power, for very little coin. yes its cool, but it doesnt keep the aftermarket booming. which is very important to the growth of the sport.

people really cant complain if they arent doing something more substantial.

the only reason someone like ronalds car isnt featured is maybe because of the paint. u people think the magazine world has it out for accord owners... u are extremely incorrect.
        I talked to stickydiljoe about how to get featured in a magazine. His response? Ask.

Magazines don't go knocking down your door to feature your car. You have to let them know what you have, and present it in a way that will make them think they will sell magazines.

Civics are often regarded as a more serious performance platform. They're light, they're inexpensive, they're abundant, and they have a long history of performance modification. Even companies like Mugen, who is damn near a part of Honda, have focused much more on the Civic than the Accord.
        Therefore, the Civic owners tend to put more money into serious performance parts... and the aftermarket companies make those serious parts available.

Accords don't have nearly as much of a celebrated performance history. It doesn't mean that they aren't capable. The 3rd gen Accord's suspension is a fantastic design. Very sporty. Just like the 4th gen has the F22A with amazing untapped potential, the 3rd gen has that fantastic suspension (and a fairly low curb weight.) It's just plagued by a lousy engine, and no easy swap options. The 5th gen got a bit more serious, and the Accord's performance level increased considerably from there on out... but it still never caught up to the Civic.

That is why everyone is pushing so hard for this Bisimoto header group buy. CB7tuners are cheap. We're poor. But we NEED high quality parts available to us! For that to happen, we need to actually support the companies that make them, so they continue to do so. Buy Hasport's K series swap kit. Buy suspension-stiffening braces from ESP. Don't look for something for nothing... get serious about your car, and get serious about your scene... and maybe you'll start seeing our cars in magazines.

Stickydiljoe didn't do anything that any one of us couldn't do. He built a clean car with quality parts. He didn't cheap out, and he didn't do anything unnecessary. Granted, living where he does made it easier to get the attention of Honda Tuning... but that just means someone that doesn't live near the magazine offices just needs to do a little more work.

I know... way off topic...

Comment

they have to be 100% clean otherwise the bar would be set very low. its not that the mags area opposed to accords/preludes all it is is that there truly arent all that many aftermarket rich well put together accords/preludes....

and yes ronalds car and lots of others are very well put together and function very well, but these arent complete motorsport publications... its about being well rounded... i love ronald and his car... hope he doesnt take this wrong...

and honestly i could see a mag featuring ronalds car but it would have to lay down impressive lap times somewhere first. because otherwise what makes it any better than any other car.

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I know... way off topic...

We've been off topic for a page now. It's OK with me since there are real points being made, and its a discussion, not a flame.

And as much as i didn't think I would, Im trying doing my part to help the group buy. i put it in my sig. I don't know if it will happen, but I hope it does. I might not drive a cb7 anymore, but DAMN I still love them.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

mike,

thats exactly my point. if u refer to one of my other long winded posts it explains why people need to support bisi and others i they ever want any attention.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                Guys, that video was shot around the corner from my house....

Never seen that car before though...
                my homie ben was the camera guy in the vid haha... small world.

The Chronicles.

Comment

my homie ben was the camera guy in the vid haha... small world.
                  are they on Honda-tekh (not tech)

because I think that's where I first found the vid.
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

mike,

thats exactly my point. if u refer to one of my other long winded posts it explains why people need to support bisi and others i they ever want any attention.
                    Yeah, it was that post that fueled mine

But yeah... you need quality parts. You can't just slap cheap stuff on there and expect something that will be noteworthy. Performance OR show-wise.

Comment

i like the look of the j32 in the integra in one of the related videos.. thats a swap i'd do
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Most H-T cars don't have to pass any performance threshold to be featured. Most of the time they don't even list the power they put down, let alone any kind of lap time or w/e. Plus most of the time the articles are more just lists of what parts are available... you don't get a sense of what the owner's goals were, if they even had any.

RTR's car is one of a kind with many one-off custom pieces and a well-thought out plan for his end goals. The car looks good, and I'm sure would do decently on a road course... which isn't really a factor anyway. Your car is prob magazine worthy with the tuck and everything... the resolution of pics here is way higher than most of the stuff you see in H-T.

I just don't see what H-T stands to gain by continually shutting out Accords and Preludes. I mean there have been times H-T ran the same articles on the same cars more than once, and of course they were Civics or Tegs. Just seems kind of goofy to me.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I know more noteworthy Civics and Tegs than I do Accords... and I'm involved in the Accord community, and really only care about Accords!

Plus, of all the Accords that are worth looking at, how many of them have sought magazine attention? If someone has something worth being featured, all they have to do is send out pictures and specs to the magazines, and someone may take interest.

Ronald's car COULD be featured. I know from the shots he sent me for the calendar a while back that there are indeed some imperfections... it's not a trailer queen... but a good photographer could take shots that don't highlight the flaws.
                          Chris, I'm sure most of the cars you've shot haven't been 100% perfect. You can still get an imperfect car featured as long as there are SOME good angles to be shot!

Comment

ja32 is going to become the new thing in the Civic and Integra crowd. You guys can't deny this either.

The H22A or even K24A are no longer the big block king of swaps.

The JA32 is going to be the next big movement.

Swaps now...watch out for the turbo and even supercharger add ons.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'd have to see how one handled... and they're going to have to come up with a hood that will fit (and not look incredibly stupid.) Otherwise, I don't see this being a mainstream trend.

Comment

hood scoop homies
                                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                                X