which lizard to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which lizard to get?

well my woman decided to get me a lizard after i asked if it was ok i went and bought one.. now she decided she wants to get me it lol.. but anyways back on subject i narrowed it down to two choices and id like some opinions one which would be cooler

water dragon

iguana
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't they both in the iguana family?

i say the water dragon, because nobody has a water dragon!
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Get a Komodo Dragon!!!

Ok, so maybe not... :P

Comment

Chinese water dragons are high maintenance... you have to continuously be aware of their terrarium to make sure the humidity is high.... have a deep enough water dish for it to bath in and continuously change it.. you dont want it swimming in its own crap... thats how they get sick and die.... use moss instead of sand or fake grass.... get a care sheet to make sure of its heat temp and uv lighting times....

i had 4.... until that bitch of an ex wife of mine decided to leave the lid open and the front and back door open all day....

water dragons are effing sweet but hate being handled.... so watch out...
        DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Leopard geckos ftw....
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I was gonna say water dragon, but MclovinRR seems to know what he's talking about. That's good info.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
              Leopard geckos ftw....
              This is what you get a kid who wants to start learning how to take care of a pet lizard.....FAIL lol hahahhaha
              DELTA CAM GROUP BUY

Comment

it depends in what you want in a lizard if you want some thing you can actually handle regularly then a water dragon isnt it like was said they dont take to handling to well. also if this is your first reptile/lizard i wouldnt recommend a green iguana either they get big fast and tend to be alittle on the aggressive side for awhile until they tame down and some never do.it takes alot of handling and work with these guys. not saying you couldnt handle it but they are alot of work for a novice to get the husbandry right and all that. ive treated i dont know how many iguanas for metabolic bone dz and other simple stuff to prevent all because the kids that bought them had no idea what they were getting into. my personal recommendation would be a bearded dragon awesome lizards hardly ever bite if at all grow to a good size and can be carried around all day and not care as long as you get the husbandry stuff right piece of cake and tons of fun to own

Comment

the water dragon has a cool mohawk going on. my friend always handled his california snake.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by jspech22acclude View Post
                    it depends in what you want in a lizard if you want some thing you can actually handle regularly then a water dragon isnt it like was said they dont take to handling to well. also if this is your first reptile/lizard i wouldnt recommend a green iguana either they get big fast and tend to be alittle on the aggressive side for awhile until they tame down and some never do.it takes alot of handling and work with these guys. not saying you couldnt handle it but they are alot of work for a novice to get the husbandry right and all that. ive treated i dont know how many iguanas for metabolic bone dz and other simple stuff to prevent all because the kids that bought them had no idea what they were getting into. my personal recommendation would be a bearded dragon awesome lizards hardly ever bite if at all grow to a good size and can be carried around all day and not care as long as you get the husbandry stuff right piece of cake and tons of fun to own

very true... i've had 28 beardies at a time and where the best herp i've ever cared for.... never had one die on me.... these animals are happy as long as you keep them fed with a great nutritional value... NO ICEBERG LETTUCE, it has no nutritional value... alot of vegies, some fruit for snacks, and a few live crickets shaken in repta-min a week will keep your beardie happy, healthy and fat..... like all reptiles it still will need the proper uv and heat lamps to keep it from getting sick and getting metabolic bone disease.... DO NOT place them by a window that has direct sunlight... this can cause uv burns.... my advice for a begginer herp is do as much reading and research as possible before getting into this responsibility... you will be spending money...theres no doubt about that.... so choose your animal wisely and think if you have the time and patience to take care of it.... if you dont then please do not purchase one.... its sad to see these beautiful exotic animals go into hands of people who just want to say "hey guys i got an effing cool lizard' but never take care of them...
                    DELTA CAM GROUP BUY

Comment

I like iguanas. but they are huge! Ive seen ones around my neighborhood that look like they are 5 feet long. I guess the are out in the wild down here

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by MclovinRR View Post
                        very true... i've had 28 beardies at a time and where the best herp i've ever cared for.... never had one die on me.... these animals are happy as long as you keep them fed with a great nutritional value... NO ICEBERG LETTUCE, it has no nutritional value... alot of vegies, some fruit for snacks, and a few live crickets shaken in repta-min a week will keep your beardie happy, healthy and fat..... like all reptiles it still will need the proper uv and heat lamps to keep it from getting sick and getting metabolic bone disease.... DO NOT place them by a window that has direct sunlight... this can cause uv burns.... my advice for a begginer herp is do as much reading and research as possible before getting into this responsibility... you will be spending money...theres no doubt about that.... so choose your animal wisely and think if you have the time and patience to take care of it.... if you dont then please do not purchase one.... its sad to see these beautiful exotic animals go into hands of people who just want to say "hey guys i got an effing cool lizard' but never take care of them...
                        WORD. cool to have another herp guy around. but anyway yeah man a beardie would be good they are awesome pets i hope on getting a couple this summer after graduation they now come in some pretty crazy morphs too if your into that kind of thing. not trying to thread jack but yo Mclovin what all herps have you kept?

Comment

Originally posted by jspech22acclude View Post
                          WORD. cool to have another herp guy around. but anyway yeah man a beardie would be good they are awesome pets i hope on getting a couple this summer after graduation they now come in some pretty crazy morphs too if your into that kind of thing. not trying to thread jack but yo Mclovin what all herps have you kept?
                          i've had the 28 beardies, 2 savanah monitors, 2 iguanas, an african bullfrog or pixie toad...(the ones the size of dinner plates that eat rats)...yeah they get that big to those of you who dont know...., bought my wife 2 leapord geckos cuz they have pretty colors until she sold them for snow geckos.., 3 mali uromastyx, 2 veiled chameleons, 2 jacksons chameleons, a corn snake, reticulated python, chinese water dragon, and a texas horned lizard... just a small collection..
                          DELTA CAM GROUP BUY

Comment

Working...
                          X