Anyone here work as a dishwaher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here work as a dishwaher?

I recently got a job washing dishes at a local restaruant and its alright. just wanted to see if anybody else here is one or was one.

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

I'm not sure dude. This thread could go one way or the other.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I was a waiter at Bennigan's... which means I was also a dishwasher. And a host. And a busboy. And a cook. And a bartender. yeah, they sucked.

Being a dishwasher is hard work, and the pay generally sucks. That's why most restaurants employ illegal immigrants to do it. They're willing to work for what we consider peanuts, because it's still far better than they'd get in their own country. If you landed a dishwashing job that pays well, then that's rare. It's hard work. People will talk about it like it's nothing... but you're on your feet all day, handling hot, soapy, wet dishes the entire time. My back would be screaming after one shift of doing that!

Comment

not the best job in the world but its a job. I did it for about a year before being promoted to the line then I got on as a prep cook in the am so its pretty much a foot in the door kinda job for you to work your way up the ladder in the kitchen. I don't miss coming home and smelling like italian garbage or when I was a prep cook and I came home to take a shower I could taste the sauce washing off my face from my pores LOL.
        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Been there, done that. I too was a dish washer/ waiter/ bartender/ cook. But, I started weeding the job titles out, dropped the dish washer job, the bar tender and waiter job, ended up being head cook. It wasn't bad at all, as long as the prep cook stayed outta my way. I've been a bouncer too, same bar/ restaurant. Aah, the number of gratuitous titty shots I've seen just to get in the bar... kinda miss those days

Comment

I used to do it at a junior high school in Alabama. Prattville Junior High. I did it for 4 years. It was a state job though so I was getting like 11 something an hour. It's a job so you can't complain. I'd kill to have it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
              I recently got a job washing dishes at a local restaruant and its alright. just wanted to see if anybody else here is one or was one.
              First job.

Did it for 7 months, enough to fix my CB7 and get the hell out of there.

Started my own landscaping business....sold that

and the rest is history:-)

btw...Exeter, NH is beaaaaaautiful.

My folks had a vacation house in the middle of the woods there and I loved every minute of it.

FYI, Exeter used to be the capitol of NH.
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Doesnt TypeG "sling suds"..?

I clean cars....

Ive been a dishwasher before and it was AWESOME! Well, the restaurant was slow and quiet as hell, and the job itself was kinda "eh" but the dudes i worked with were fucking kick ass.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

did for about a year and a half. the pay sucked ass and your feet were basically gone after a 5hr shift. add that to walking 3 miles home

Comment

dishwashing sucks. it's dirty and hot.

i'm a waiter/cook at a retirement home. and i have to run the dishes through and take them back upstairs. very back breaking job.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Fuck that, no offense to anyone that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        That's why most restaurants employ illegal immigrants to do it.

No way.
                        1993 Accord EX
                        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Yes, TypeG slings suds, at least at the time he made his profile (not sure if he has since changed jobs). I'm sure those suds are of the hops and barley variety, and not of the soapy variety, however!

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                          No way.
                          Oh shit, I tipped off the feds!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Oh shit, I tipped off the feds!
                            yes yes serious business right there

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                              First job.

Did it for 7 months, enough to fix my CB7 and get the hell out of there.

Started my own landscaping business....sold that

and the rest is history:-)

btw...Exeter, NH is beaaaaaautiful.

My folks had a vacation house in the middle of the woods there and I loved every minute of it.

FYI, Exeter used to be the capitol of NH.
                              Yeah, i only have this job so i can make my CB decent. Yea, Exeter is pretty nice, as long as you dont live where i live. lol.

Originally posted by scudweiser
                              i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X