PS3 Slim announced! along with price cut to 299.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Slim announced! along with price cut to 299.00

read all about it, if you have been waiting for a ps3 grab one now, they are 33% smaller, lighter and 33% less power usage, also they dropped the price to 299.00 that comes with the 120gig hard drive, and all of the goodies from the past versions.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175634

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Very nice!

Its wider though...

Should have called it the PS3 Chode.

Comment

figures... i just bought one a few months ago.

Comment

I knew the wait would prevail.

I didn't want to setlle for an xbox as i try to avoid anything Microsoft.

First i have to get an apt/house first this is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          I knew the wait would prevail.

I didn't want to setlle for an xbox as i try to avoid anything Microsoft.

First i have to get an apt/house first this is great news.
          i bought mine back in feb. after they came out with last gen. which is also little bit lighter,as well as more energy efficent, faster and produces 10x less heat then the 1st gen.(which my buddy has...we call it the space heater since it will heat a room in no time lol) so not having the slim isnt a big deal, hell if its a 10yr console there is bound to be more price drops and diffrent versions to come out.

oh and the psp go is coming out soon as well, it has an OLED screen soooo baller.

Comment

You knew had to be coming, Sony does this with everything! Still, it looks great and I'm glad to see it finally announced with some specs.

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
            Should have called it the PS3 Chode.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I have a ps3 already. While its nice i have way more fun with my xbox 360. And no im not rich the ps3 was my parents idea of a dvd player for future " blu-ray " use.

Comment

Is the slim able to BC to ps2 games?

Comment

Hopefully it can play the PS2 games... and therefore PS1 games... but probably not. I'm sure there's no real difference between the way this one works and the way the big'un works.

Comment

i don't like it. looks CHEAPLY BUILT i like the shiny finish on the last gen PS3....FTMFW!

i wish mine had a memory card slot tho.

does anyone know if it will be backwards compatible? that might be a PLUS

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

If it can, im dead set at the slim. For 299 your getting 120gb hard drive, wifi, blu ray and ability to play the huge line of PS1 & PS2 with addition to Ps3 games, Thats a deal!

I wonder if microsoft going to drop their prices on the 360.

Comment

I'm sure they will. The 360 is definitely the inferior machine now that the price of the PS3 is reasonable. The PS3 has far more to offer in terms of performance. The 360 has the games, the following, and the familiarity... which is far more important. So there's still competiton.

But yeah, I think the 360 price will come down. Not that I didn't get mine used anyway...

Comment

no BC they haven't had that since the 1st gen. they removed the ps2 and ps1 components to drop the production cost. no big loss to me.

Comment

Is the blu-ray drive incapable of reading a CD or DVD?

If not... I think that "removed the components" part is bullshit. It's software. If the hardware can read it, they just need to include the software to translate the data into a game.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                              no BC they haven't had that since the 1st gen. they removed the ps2 and ps1 components to drop the production cost. no big loss to me.
                              Ps1 is BC through software emulation, all generations of the ps3 able to play PS1. I believe with the PS2 BC, it would need a physical chip on the board to emulate it. Sony still riding the PS2 console out for system sales so I guess they dont want to BC it yet.

edit: DEEV beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                              X