Low Self-Esteem Accord =/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Self-Esteem Accord =/

To put it plainly, I'm feeling down about my car lately. It just feels...Old. Can anyone boost my serotonin levels regarding my cb7?
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Didnt you say you was gonna get an h22 in january. That sure will increase your feelings about it.

Comment

Re: Low Self-Esteem Accord =/

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
      Can anyone boost my serotonin levels...
      As far as the seratonin boost, i've got 4 letters for you...

MDMA!

just jokin' don't use that shit. Cheer up. Just like every relationship, you're at a low point. I've been there with my car too. It does get better. Especially when you get money to spend on the whip. Then hopefully it will be the CB that'll be boosted.
      Bean Town Crew Member #3
      Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
      "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Yeah me 2... soo old... I might move to a newer one or just another car this summer.. I still need rotors, pads, starter, timmingbelt.... blah

Depressing

Comment

boost takes care of that feeling for sure

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i'll be honest tho, i get the same way..even with everything that i've done with the car so far: body mods, rims, motor swap(s), etc. i see it as a hobby, but an expensive one, and its getting to the point where i'm pretty much done with my cb7. thats why next summer, i'll be looking foward to an AP1----->S2K
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Ususally it helps me if I do a full detail job on my car, then I love here like she is brand new.
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                Ususally it helps me if I do a full detail job on my car, then I love here like she is brand new.
                True, that. The weather lately isn't friendly to waxing the car (no garage) but as soon as I have the chance...
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

We all get this way man.. it's a part of life. No matter what you have, you'll sometimes get depressed and tired of it. I remember I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, but I just remembered how reliable my car was and I did it up.

I still get that way too, as PRIMO said, with my paint job and being swaped and what not. It happens to everyone, no matter if you have a Lexus, Honda, Acura, BMW, ect..

Just think.. in a month or two you can have a DOHC VTEC H22A sitting in your garage ready to throw in. You have a nice car already, don't give up on it man.. we here for ya buddy!
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Buck up little camper... it'll get better...

If you're ever feeling like your car is getting old... then just buy something new for it...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

yeah lol old. today i started doing this seal thing under the thermostat housing. after i did that i couldn't find the seal. now i got to wait till 5pm to get my dads car to drive to honda dealer to buy it again. lol i will be working at night. oh well shit happens lol wtf am i gona do. buy another old car and have the same problems. but at least oncb7 i can fix them my self.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                        yah, h22 is so far away, sho nuff, more like end of january...jus feels depressing, but i think im going to go outside and detail it, even in this cold. that might help a bit. Yah, and some boost, yah, lol, i test drove an evo the other weekend, and i felt boost for the first time, all i have to say is, holyfuggingshit. Thanks guys, this is quite a community. {{{{CB7GROUPHUG}}}}} lol.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

i like my car being old, i cant believe at how well it still runs even though it eats up gas left and right but thats okay.

its pretty and they are a dime a dozen.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

when i get down about my car, i just like to clean it up, and think about how many miles it has on it, and realize that most cars will never make it this far and still run near perfect, that gets me back up..but also it usally goes away after i go to bed at night, it makes me happy when i wake up and see it in the morning.

Comment

Buying something new for it definitely helps... Or you could buy a second car. Just get something older

When I start feeling down, I go through the list of things I want done to it... And I look through the board here to see that I can indeed make my car into what I want. 2point6 and Accord SiR are proof of that!

When I realize how far I am from my goals, I do tend to get a little depressed. Still, work towards something major (like your H22) and you'll feel better about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X