The Story of My '92 LX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Story of My '92 LX.

First off, forgive the lack of pics. One of these days, when I can actualy afford to buy my own computer, I may come back and post some pics. But, I figured I would post the story behind my Accord, and thought this was the proper forum to do it.

I used to drive a '90 Honda CRX DX, untill I found out my wife was pregnat. A two door, two seater was totaly impractical when it came down to transporting me, my wife and a baby! So, ever since I got the news, all I could bi**h about was how much I wanted an Accord. I said "It's the perfect family car! Plenty of room and decent power! I want an Accord!" I was already hooked on Honda's reliablity and ease of adding bolt-ons... So only another Honda would do!
    Well, one night I came across a green, four door, automatic Accord sitting at the end of this man's drive way with a for sell sign in the window. I told my wife "Oh, man! That's like a '91 or '92 modle! I need to come back during the day and look at that!" Every other Accord I had looked at before was on a lot and way over priced. I told my wife that this may be the car I was ment to find and own. I w2ent back to look at the car, and talked to the owner's dad. He was straight up with me, and told me that even tho you couldn't really see it now, the car had at one time been lightly hit in the front end, but the only damage was cosmetic. He said the frame was never hurt. I was greatful for his honesty, so I test drove the Accord. Come to find out, I was right, and it was a '92 LX. Even tho the car had been sitting for months, it started right up. The wheels were a little stuck from sitting for so long, but once I started to move the car, the wheels freed right up. The car ran great! The only thing I noticed was the axles popped a little. THe man said his son was asking $2000 for the car, but I counter offered with $1800. I told him the axles were popping, and it would cost roughly $200 to rapair that. The man got in touch with his out-of-town son and told him I was interested and had offered $1800. The owner said he would take that, and to make a long story short, I bought the car for $1800!
    The reason I wanted an automatic was my wife hasn't learned to drive a five speed yet, and who in their right mind wants to teach a moody, pregnat woman to drive a stick?! But after having and driving the car for a while, it really started to grow on me. I figured "Who says a family car can't be tuned?" I was already bitten by the tuning bug from owning the CRX, and it carried over to the Accord. First thing I done was take the cone style air filter off my CRX, and put it on the Accord. It was cheaper than buying a whole intake system for now, and served the same basic function. Since I'm a collage student and took out a student loan, I used the left over money to make some rapairs to my Accord. It had a terriable exhaust leak, from the flex pipe and the hole in the muffeler (since the whole bottom half of the muffeler was rusted off...). So, I went to a local exhaust shop and asked how much it would cost to replace everything from the flex pipe back. The guy told me around $125-$130. Then, out came the tuner bug, and I asked how much more it would cost to get a performance style muffeler. THe guy said he had a couple of used ones in the back, if I was interested. The units looked like they were still in pretty good shape, but when he told me the price for it would only be $130 total, (new flex pipe, the muffeler and new 2.25 pipe to connect it all...) I told him to fire up the torches!
    Then comes the story of the Montigi MR7 rims with Kumho tires. A friend of mine wanted to buy a set of Koning raceing rims for his '92 Integra GSR. He only lacked around $350 having the money to get them, so he decided to sell his rims he already had. I told him I'd go $300, and he accepted. I figured hell, a set of 16" Montigi MR7's with 1 month old Kumho rubbers for $300? I'd be crazy to pass on that! Even tho now I have great wheel well gap, they still look pretty sweet, and the gap can be fixed later with a set of springs.
    Finaly, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. AN A.S.E. certified co-worker of mine had a Mallory AFPR he said he'd sell for $50. I figured J.C. Whitney wanted more than that for an A.E.M. AFPR, and thought I couldn't go wrong spending the $50. Especialy after my co-worker reminded me that I needed it because I was probably running a little lean with the air filter and exhaust I have, but not so much that turning up the fuel pressure a little would help.
    Other than the appearance s**t I've done, such as clear corner lenses, CRX clear bumper lenses, cut the factory bumber cover and installed racing mesh, also installed some on the small upper grill, and had the windows tinted with 5% all around, that's pretty much it, for now!
    When I perform other mods, I'll update this. And when I finaly get my own computer and a scanner, I'll post some pics! Peace for now, 'till later...
    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

This should be in the Off-Topic section, and just post like the following:

User Name : 199X Honda Accord

Please post like above, and just put pictures and mods done to your car, thanks.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

dear god.....cliffs?
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

dont be rude, I actually enjoyed reading this story.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
          dear god.....cliffs?
          dude had a crx, wifey got pregnant, needed a family car, saw a neighbor's accord, 92 lx...said 2 grand, got it lowered to 1800, it's an auto, doesnt want to teach wife 5 spd while pregnant, he got exhaust done for 130 2.25 in piping got a set of rims and tires for $300, took cone air filter from crx, slapped it on the accord... got an AFPR, window tint, clear corners, mesh grill

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
            dude had a crx, wifey got pregnant, needed a family car, saw a neighbor's accord, 92 lx...said 2 grand, got it lowered to 1800, it's an auto, doesnt want to teach wife 5 spd while pregnant, he got exhaust done for 130 2.25 in piping got a set of rims and tires for $300, took cone air filter from crx, slapped it on the accord... got an AFPR, window tint, clear corners, mesh grill

fawking sweet Maybe some pics of the ride?
            Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

To add to the cliffs:

He doesn't have a comp of his own, so no pics yet... Perhaps eventually!

And that's a good story man. Even for an auto, it seems that you got a good deal there! We have a lot of really knowledgable people on here, so anything you need to know about your car can be found here! From fixing the stock-ness of it to modifying the hell out of it... We do it all!

Comment

whooo! we got another member! and looking at the way u wrote a very enthused one at that! welcome aboard!

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

Thankx for all the love! It may be an auto, but so far, after only having the air filter and no other mods, it beat a few Civics and other newer Accords, and a few various Nissan's and Toyotas! After the Exhaust, rims and AFPR, it's bested a few older model Camero's, ECO Tech Caviler's, Grand Prix's, 2200 Caviler's, a few Tarus's (not too hard, it is a Ford...) and several other imports. I know these cars were more than likely stock, but for an auto with 191000 miles on it, I would say not too bad!

deevergote: So far I've found some GREAT people on here with lots of love and advise (thankx again Midnight Racer X, FushigiRES and the others! ) Look forward to getting to know a few more here too!

Everyone bare with me on the pics! Around the first of the year sometime, I will be getting a student loan check and plan on getting my own P.C., and of corse using the rest for my cb7! I'm thinking a set of DC headers first, also maybe an Arospeed free flow cat. converter. Who knows...
                  Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

So true about teaching a pregnant woman 5 speed.

I think if me and my gf were to ever have a kid I have to get her to refrian from driving a stick.

If they go into labor..whoa watch out now.

Liked the story alot though..btw dude you can curse all you want we wont penalize you haha
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Accrdkid: Thankx for the heads-up on the cursing! Wasn't too sure if it was cool or not!

Comment

Working...
                      X