This is why i was soo tedious when i was looking to buy an Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why i was soo tedious when i was looking to buy an Xbox

So i finally decided to get an xbox 360 again. i have been steering away from buying used but money is a big deal so i took a chance. and got fucked. I find one for $150 and decide to pick it up. everything was pretty straight up. cam with a bunch of games. all back up games but the box was modded with software to read them. i can't play xbox live with the games but thats fine with me.

I get it home and set if up and make sure everything was in proper order. worked fine. ran normal. didn't get hot after a half hour of gaming.

I leave and come back a while later. pop in a movie. runs through it fine. i start playing GOW2 and it freezes after about a half hour. i reset it and try again a few minutes later. loads up and freezes the dashboard twice. then the RRoD pops up. I know the warranty was voided. that didn't bother me.

But the guy said straight to my face that it was in perfect running shape and didn't give him any problems. Im just really fuckin pissed off that he could just lie right to my fucking face and take my money and go.

this is why i was so hesitant to go this route. It just really gets to me. I sent the douche an email telling him he sold me a lemon and i would like of he could help me out in some way. i am really not expecting even a reply back. but i know his full name and the area he lives in. if i have to ill go right to him and see if i can get a little bit of the money back to put towards fixing this fucking thing. If not, then who knows. Maybe ill just try and scare the fuck out of him and get a lulz or two. maybe get his address and send him a letter thanking him for being a detriment to society and a total piece of shit.

/rant

what did you expect. honestly.
    people like money.

Comment

i miss the good old days of video gaming, when consoles didn't break and overheat. cartridge consoles live forever.
      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

My PS2 slim doesn't break or overheat. And online play is free, I can deal with older games.

Also,
        GT3-4-Life.
        MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
        Originally posted by deevergote
        i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Well, technically, when he sold it to you, it did work. As you stated, you were playing a game on it, then watched a movie, proving it did work. He didn't specify for how long... one of the chances you take when you buy something used.

And agreed, you NEVER had to worry about your NES, SNES or N64 overheating. I've played those damn things for hours, no problems... other than having to blow on the NES cartridge to get it to work.

Comment

I bought my xbox from a member here.

still works

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It worked when you were shown it, worked fine when you received it, and when you used it yourself, Until this particular incident. So you weren't REALLY scammed.

It's more likely just a coincidence that the RRoD happened.
              Maybe I'm wrong but, I was under the impression that once RRoD happens you can't do anything with the xbox. So if he knew it had RRoD how did he get it working again to be able to sell it . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Fix it! its honestly not hard at all... I have fixed 2 alredy (one being my own). Its as simple as taking the processor clamps off and replicing the studs and x clamp springs with screws and washers!...

Google RROD X-Clamp fix. But dont buy any kits. Go to a hardware store and you can get all the parts you need for about $5.

I know it lasts too... Ive played in several 12+ hour halo parties and had no more rrod problems.

Comment

what do u expect from a 360.

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                  My ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

Iwould have never bought a modded xbox :/
                    You should have bought a refurbished one, maybe a tad bit steeper,
                    but it would be under warranty, and most likely not give you and probs.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                    Bought from: ChampCoupe
                    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

You've been wary of buying another xbox... and when you finally did, you bought a modded one? That's like saying you're worried about having a reliable car, and then going out and buying a turbo stock-block Cavalier.

It doesn't just start working again after the RRoD. If you got that, then it was just bad luck, not being scammed. It DID work perfectly when you got it. That's probably exactly how it worked for the guy you bought it from as well.

I bought mine used, but I bought it from my best friend. I know it'll work, and if it breaks, I know it wasn't because of any dishonesty or abuse on his part.

Comment

I agree that I would never buy a modded one. The only thing Ive done to mine is changed all my leds on the power ring, controllers and power cords. Also sprayed taillight tint on the chrome disktray/eject button and chrome harddrive so its like a dark chrome. No software modding for me though

Comment

So your ring of death won't be red?

Comment

the mod on it is a software upgrade to read backed up games. and the RRod shows up but doesn't always stay. A friend of mine had one that went RRod and he tried it the next day and it started up fine. even played a game. the RRoD does disappear for short time. I have seent it.

so he turned it into Gamestop. thats basically what this guy did to me.
                            Fixing it isn't going to be a big deal. im competent enough to do it but i didn't want to have to worry about it same day.

If this guys is decent and didn't know then it won't be a big deal to throw me some of that money back to fix it. that would satisfy me. And i know it's a risk you run when buying used. thats why it's been almost a year since i sold mine.

But whatever. i haven't seen the inside of an Xbox360 before anyway. i just ate being left with someone else's problem and no money to fix it. I guess decent people are a rare thing indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                              the mod on it is a software upgrade to read backed up games. and the RRod shows up but doesn't always stay. A friend of mine had one that went RRod and he tried it the next day and it started up fine. even played a game. the RRoD does disappear for short time. I have seent it.

so he turned it into Gamestop. thats basically what this guy did to me.
                              Fixing it isn't going to be a big deal. im competent enough to do it but i didn't want to have to worry about it same day.

If this guys is decent and didn't know then it won't be a big deal to throw me some of that money back to fix it. that would satisfy me. And i know it's a risk you run when buying used. thats why it's been almost a year since i sold mine.

But whatever. i haven't seen the inside of an Xbox360 before anyway. i just ate being left with someone else's problem and no money to fix it. I guess decent people are a rare thing indeed.
                              Like I said... $5 will fix it. Just follow a rrod fix tutorial.

Comment

Working...
                              X