Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with this obsession of removing AC and/or cruise control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this might sound weird, but when i'm in a car with the a/c on i feel like i can't breathe. so i have to crack a window anyway. hell, i crack the window even when it's freezing balls outside. i guess it's a ventilation/i like to hear the exhaust thing. i've never used the a/c on any car i've owned. i'm a big fan of putting the windows down and opening the sunroof and getting some fresh air/smoking. so screw a/c =)
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

I NEVER use my cruise control. I haven't read enough about it though to know what all I need to take out to completely get rid of it. It's just a couple of buttons in my car taking up space that will more than likely be wired to control something else down the road. The ac I never really use either but there are times when I need it. Say I have a girl in the car and she's hot as hell or when it's raining i'll roll up the windows and turn it on then. Other than that I hardly ever use it. It makes my cb even more sluggish when trying to accelerate. Most of the time I have my windows down. If I have my stereo up really loud then my windows will be up and i'll have the ac on because I don't think everyone I pass wants to hear my shit and I don't need any help getting tickets lol. Personal preference to me. CC I don't need, PS I won't get rid of, AC will stay. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        Nope. Just noticed your relatively high level of PMS lately.
        Yeah, my week's almost done.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          Nope. Just noticed your relatively high level of PMS lately.
          Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          Yeah, my week's almost done.
          lmao. too freakin funny.

i just got back from driving to and from South Carolina and i thought about being able to drive down the highway with my windows closed and the A/C going. but when the A/C gets turned on, i dont like the draw it has on the motor. if i have a '98-'01 accord then id keep the A/C up there. but on my '92 accord where stuff constantly goes bad, id rather not. its just less stuff to break and go bad.

Comment

For all the people dumping on A/C, P/S etc

Drive a fast car on which everything works. You won't wanna go back.

I dunno. I like cruising & isolation from the road a lot more now. The CB is not the car for me lol

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              For all the people dumping on A/C, P/S etc

Drive a fast car on which everything works. You won't wanna go back.

I dunno. I like cruising & isolation from the road a lot more now. The CB is not the car for me lol
              Been there done that but what happens when you cannot afford this fast car that is the issue lol. Anyway I had AC in my car still necessity when your in texas. Ask gdout he has my car lol.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket View Post
                I need to be enlightened or something.

I read (much more so here than in Subaru circles) about people removing their AC and/or cruise control. Now, this would be understandable if the car was only used on the track but I know 99.9% of you guys are daily driving your cars.

I can't help but wonder why you bother. I mean, do you really think the minor weight savings makes any difference? I guess it makes sense if its broken and you don't want to fix it but I also know that's not why most of you guys remove these items. Do you enjoy sweating the summer and having foggy windows when it rains? I mean seriously. I'll admit that cruise is a nice luxury when you're on the highway but why not just have it for those times you're cruising on the highway?

Anyway, enlighten me. I can't imagine a DD without AC and cruise...especially the AC!
                i could never say i wanna take my AC out even if i wanted 2 cause my car didnt even come wit AC

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                  Been there done that but what happens when you cannot afford this fast car that is the issue lol. Anyway I had AC in my car still necessity when your in texas. Ask gdout he has my car lol.
                  You can have a fast CB and keep all the amenities. It's a *little* more work but nothing crazy

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

One thing i just thought about. Do people ever factory in their own weight? Sure your car weighs 25 pounds lighter but you weigh 50 pounds more then everyone else so its heavier. And if you have a passenger its even heavier. I gusse my car has a 50 pound weight reduction when im driving it alone, over the average person.

Comment

^^^^

Yep, best performance mod for the average america is to lose some weight. Also, a lot of people keep a lot of useless crap in the trunk. Two mods, zero dollars, better performance.

Comment

Yeah but when your 6'4" and 235lbs your fucked. No way in hell your gonna get down around 130lbs like some drivers are.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                        "The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          One thing i just thought about. Do people ever factory in their own weight? Sure your car weighs 25 pounds lighter but you weigh 50 pounds more then everyone else so its heavier. And if you have a passenger its even heavier. I gusse my car has a 50 pound weight reduction when im driving it alone, over the average person.
                          I always do. Whenever I go to the track I always try to weigh the car after the first pass with full weight etc etc...

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Man I got my P/S working again, let me tell you in a city where parallel parking is the only way to park this shit is a must. I do agree that steering feel has all but disappeared, but hopefully new tires and outer tie rod ends will cure that. I do remember even w/P/S and stock 15s on my first CB, with Kuhmos it actually had decent steering feel at the limit.
                            Last edited by gloryaccordy; 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i took out my a/c and power steering because i want to have jacked arms and be really sweaty all of the time

Comment

I dident take mine out. I have a wife and kid so when we drive my car it's nice to have ac , and as far ps I kept it because I have health issues .
                                WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Working...
                                X