No announcement yet.

cheapest and most effective power upgrades for any car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm you'd have to do some heavy research on that Daihatsu..remember those cars were never offered here except for the Charade and Rocky.

Your best bet is to search if anything is available there. I'm pretty sure they're are places for upgrading power on the Kei car but not to out do yourself isn't there some sort of law for how much you can upgrade your personal vehicle in Japan?

Considering is fairly constricted in the city so you actually have to get a title or deed just to have a parking spot or am I wrong?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

id cut a hole in the hood, use the circle and make a hood scoop. an english wheel should form your hood scoop.

or route the intake tube to the corner light or cut a hole in the fender and run no air filter.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
        Hmm you'd have to do some heavy research on that Daihatsu..remember those cars were never offered here except for the Charade and Rocky.

Your best bet is to search if anything is available there. I'm pretty sure they're are places for upgrading power on the Kei car but not to out do yourself isn't there some sort of law for how much you can upgrade your personal vehicle in Japan?

Considering is fairly constricted in the city so you actually have to get a title or deed just to have a parking spot or am I wrong?
        No laws about modding cars. As for the parking spots... I've never heard of that. Our parking spot comes with our apartment.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

So, thoughts about power:

Cone filter/ intake upgrade:
          cone filter, short ram, cold air?

Heat wrap the exhaust (cost effective?)

NOS (LOL - yeah right unless they make 20hp kits :P 20-50 would be sweet especially if I could use it on the CB7 )

e-supercharger
          Normally I'd say this was a nonsense BS upgrade. That's for a 2.2 which needs a lot more airflow. A 0.7 doesn't need as much air so the PSI would be greater... maybe it'd actually work, who knows. I've not priced them lately, however. Nor do I know if it'd bolt on. Thoughts?
          My Car

Comment

The little electric superchargers create a restriction in your intake, so you may be losing power whenever it's not running. Might be worth a shot, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The little electric superchargers create a restriction in your intake, so you may be losing power whenever it's not running. Might be worth a shot, though.
              That's the same with all super chargers

I was thinking that a bigger engine would suck in more air than the e-supercharger could pressurize. With a .7 liter engine, however, it should be able to pressurize a lot more air.

I dont know the life span of these chargers though so... might be a shot in the dark. These did come with a turbo so the transmission and block should be strong enough to hold a few psi.
              My Car

Comment

Working...
              X