No announcement yet.

installed air ride and nothing but f*****g problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had nothing but problems with my air setup too so I know how you feel. Hope you get everything squared away.

Comment

thought about it for my wagon. how well can they hold weight?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

thanks for all the comment guys

i dont think im giving up yet, i love how it looks slammed

i just dont know if i should get cylinders or another set of bags

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
        Better not let slick see that!! haha.
        i thought about that as i was writing it, lmao

Originally posted by Durrby View Post
        I've had nothing but problems with my air setup too so I know how you feel. Hope you get everything squared away.
        really? man ur camry gave me some motivation to get my wagon done. i love how that car looks bro

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
          thanks for all the comment guys

i dont think im giving up yet, i love how it looks slammed

i just dont know if i should get cylinders or another set of bags
          go with what you think will do good not what will be good for a little while

i thought about that as i was writing it, lmao
          win im being thought about alot

really? man ur camry gave me some motivation to get my wagon done. i love how that car looks bro
          his car is sick
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

just remember, the more complicated the component, the more things can go wrong.

With air bags, you have lines, tank, compressor, and fittings that can all fail. Each point that you have a fitting is a potential leak or fail spot.

I never really saw any pro's to air bags personally. It was never worth the $$$$.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
              his car is sick
              Thanks guys. Yeah, don't mean to threadjack but i'll just mention a few of the problems to at least shed some light on the manufacturer. In 7 months of having the kit installed i've needed 2 new complete struts, 3 fittings on the struts themselves where the air hose connects, a few t-fittings in the trunk at the compressor/valves. (t-fittings for pressure gauge/strut)

The 1st strut blew within 6 months and the oil inside blew back through the air line and out through the slow down valve in my trunk. This caused oil to spray everywhere and smoke out my trunk and had me thinking the compressor was on fire. Had to pay $150 to get a new one, no if's and's or buts. The 2nd one needed to be replaced after it pretty much separated from the strut mount TWICE while driving. I would immediately lose air in the bag and the only thing keeping the wheel from falling off was the sheer weight of the body on the strut. This time it costed me $100 to get a new one.

The 2nd one didn't even fit like is should have. I had to stick a washer in between the mounting bracket at the bottom to keep it from moving around.

Right now the car isn't even on the road and is rocking some god awful 17" motegi mr7's. I'm pretty sure some aspect of my suspension is damaged because it looks like there's a ton of -camber on the corner where the strut separated twice. I know cause the kit never caused the car to camber when dropped.

I advise anyone wanting to go air to stay away from airbagit or a.i.m. industries. They have the worst products, customer service and treat you like your the problem. The only reason why i used them is because I paid a shop to airbag my car and the shop outsourced and used this kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Durrby View Post
                Thanks guys. Yeah, don't mean to threadjack but i'll just mention a few of the problems to at least shed some light on the manufacturer. In 7 months of having the kit installed i've needed 2 new complete struts, 3 fittings on the struts themselves where the air hose connects, a few t-fittings in the trunk at the compressor/valves. (t-fittings for pressure gauge/strut)

The 1st strut blew within 6 months and the oil inside blew back through the air line and out through the slow down valve in my trunk. This caused oil to spray everywhere and smoke out my trunk and had me thinking the compressor was on fire. Had to pay $150 to get a new one, no if's and's or buts. The 2nd one needed to be replaced after it pretty much separated from the strut mount TWICE while driving. I would immediately lose air in the bag and the only thing keeping the wheel from falling off was the sheer weight of the body on the strut. This time it costed me $100 to get a new one.

The 2nd one didn't even fit like is should have. I had to stick a washer in between the mounting bracket at the bottom to keep it from moving around.

Right now the car isn't even on the road and is rocking some god awful 17" motegi mr7's. I'm pretty sure some aspect of my suspension is damaged because it looks like there's a ton of -camber on the corner where the strut separated twice. I know cause the kit never caused the car to camber when dropped.

I advise anyone wanting to go air to stay away from airbagit or a.i.m. industries. They have the worst products, customer service and treat you like your the problem. The only reason why i used them is because I paid a shop to airbag my car and the shop outsourced and used this kit.
                you sure it wasnt the shop,did you order the kit or did shop do it,they could have gotten wrong parts or used some other company,reason why all the trucks and cars I've help with thats all we use,plus everyone else I know with air uses Aim/airbagit.com,and never heard of that happening,Leaks with fitting yes,but all of us never use those fitting supplied,we go get dot approved tractor trailor brake airlines and all fittings
                Last edited by doughboy415; 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM.
                BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

My cylinders were from AIM and i NEVER NEVER had any issues with them. I bought my VIAIR compressors from FBI Mini and then sourced the rest of the parts on my own...

Comment

i have easystreet bags

viair compressors

smc valves and all dot compression fittings

the equipment wasnt the problem, the bag blew because it was rubbing on the upper control arm bolt when fully inflated

in the instructions that came with the bags it says nothing about shaving these bolts down which is bs in my opinion

it does tell you to trim the upper control arm flange which i did

Comment

again sorry to threadjack

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                      you sure it wasnt the shop,did you order the kit or did shop do it,they could have gotten wrong parts or used some other company,reason why all the trucks and cars I've help with thats all we use,plus everyone else I know with air uses Aim/airbagit.com,and never heard of that happening,Leaks with fitting yes,but all of us never use those fitting supplied,we go get dot approved tractor trailor brake airlines and all fittings
                      the shop ordered everything and it came from airbagit. when they gave me my stock suspension back it was in the airbagit box with all the info. each kit is made to order so it'd be hard to screw that one up. aim tried telling me that the strut design i had was from years prior and they don't use it anymore yet that's what they shipped. again they tried every which way to weasel their way out of replacing anything.

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                      My cylinders were from AIM and i NEVER NEVER had any issues with them. I bought my VIAIR compressors from FBI Mini and then sourced the rest of the parts on my own...
                      if you google them you'll find nothing buy bad reviews man...just saying you got lucky i guess

Comment

I have had air on two of my sccord in the past. The first was on my 90 accord back around 2000, and I didn't know anything about air suspension and like an idiot ordered it from aim aka airbagit. They only sent half of the stuff, the other was on back order, didn't bother to even tell me, two weeks later I received the rest. Terrible customer service, complete garbage kits and parts, I would never buy anything from them again! My second accord I got from eai excentrix automotive innovations, I believe they are no longer, but again, those were cylinders but I never really had any problems with there stuff. Customer service was good too. I'm gettin airstruts now through air lift aka easy street and the rest from air ride technologies. Just my two cents

Comment

Working...
                        X