• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed air ride and nothing but f*****g problems

so i put air ride on my wagon

had a leak on the back of one of the tanks, fixed it

had a leak on on of the leader hoses, waiting on a new one

fitting on right rear wheel broke when driving with it laid out, waiting on new one

and today a g****m bag broke on the right front cuz it rubbed on the upper control arm bolt WTF

i followed the instructions to the letter and it says absolutely nothing about grinding those stupid bolts down

this is bs, i spent a ton of cash on this shit and i really dont feel like buying another set of bags

i dont even feel like going to the meet now

sorry but i had to vent

Go static, go to the meet, come home and then bag it again.

Don't punish the meet, your bro's want to see you hahaha
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

yea i know but i hate to do shit twice

i might just pull the SE out of the backyard and work on that and take it to the meet

Comment

airbags look tight when your done with them, take your time, and then you need a set of work eurolines. boom done.

Comment

bags dont really work on our cars because of that very fact,should have went with direct bolt on air rods(cylinders) kit,plus when I do bags on my friends trucks,I tell them go to a tractor trailor repair shop and get all air fittings and lines for trailors,they are better than ones that come with kits,never had any issues with ones I helped with on trucks.
          BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

i thought about cylinders but the ride is pretty rough

my friend has them but idk if i wanna have a bread truck suspension on my dd

Comment

damn im sorry it didn't work out the way you hope. i was thinking about bagging my wagon but now im having second thoughts. hope things work out for you.

the sedan
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
              the wagon
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
              the integra
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Air is high maintenance, so I don't know why you would want it on your daily. My friend had his rim rubbing on one of his bags at his driving height and it blew about 10 ft away from his driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post

Better not let slick see that!! haha.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post

my bread truck rides fine except for i sit on top of the front suspension

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    too late
                    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Yea you see air big kits for our cars for sale on craigslist all the time in SC because of that very fact. But that shit is sick once you get it going good though.

Comment

When I had air ride in my 93, I never had problems. I had cylinders on all corners, and it rode like stock, and handled like I was in a sports car. I used DOT Brake line for trucks (over 1000PSI capable, and compression fittings on everything...

Comment

dont give up man they look so sick with bags my boys got air cylinders and it tucks 19's easy just dont give up on it
                          WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                            When I had air ride in my 93, I never had problems. I had cylinders on all corners, and it rode like stock, and handled like I was in a sports car. I used DOT Brake line for trucks (over 1000PSI capable, and compression fittings on everything...
                            ,I thats what I'm talking about,I ridden in many with cylinders they ride fine,I'm still trying to get them for mine.And dot line and fittings are the only way to go like I mentioned earlier
                            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                              That was my first thought!

Comment

Working...
                              X