Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone camera issue

Hey guys,

I picked up an iphone from customlowz a few months ago, and it's the greatest thing ever. However, after a short while, the camera stopped working. I'm not sure if it was due to me dropping the phone a short distance (shirt pocket and untied shoes... bad combination...) or because it froze one day and had to be reset (in searching Google, someone seemed to have a camera problem after a freeze)

My symptom is something i can't find online, though. It will start the camera software. The pictures I took when it worked are there. But it just shows the shutter image. The "take picture" button does nothing.

I don't know much about the damn thing, so it might be something stupid... which is why I'm asking on here! I know lowz knows his stuff, and there are a few other iphone heads on here as well. Hopefully it's something I can fix! Everything else works fine, but I'd like to return it to full functionality!

have you tried restoring the firmware through itunes?

sometimes this fixes software issues with ipods/iphones. it MAY be a software issue. but, as you said, dropping it might've done something.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I haven't tried that yet... but it's jailbroken (thanks to Matt ) and I don't want to have to figure out how to do that myself by restoring everything!

Comment

Have you tried a hard reset ? press and hold the wake up button and the on off button until the start up screen come back up ( I belive that how it works it's been a while since I have had to do that to my i phone ).

If that doesent work try restoring it like was suggested .

good luck
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Yeah, I just talked to customlowz, and that's what he had me do. Sounds like I might have to replace the camera... gonna look into what it takes to do that. Or restore the firmware, but I'd rather not. I'm more willing to take it apart than I am to mess with the software!

Comment

is it updated to the new 3.0?

i know the update just came out a few weeks ago and i have successfully upgraded and jailbroke.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

No. I'm not sure what it's running, but I know not 3.0. It's an old 1st gen. Can that even run 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                No. I'm not sure what it's running, but I know not 3.0. It's an old 1st gen. Can that even run 3.0?
                Deev, its the 2.2.1 software

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  yea, i just updated my sis' 1st gen iphone to 3.0 and it works flawlessly
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

He rigged it.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

How much memory do you have?

It did this to me when i had zero memory.

If i were you i would just restore it. Don't worry about it being jailbroken. They already have 3.0 out, thats what i have on mine.

Comment

...but then I'll lose my Nintendo!

I haven't put much on it to take up the memory. I'll have to check, but I think there's still plenty of space left on it.

Comment

Can't really help you, but I finally got my 16g 3gs

and while opening the camera app, the phone froze.
                          After a minute ,the phone turned off and was normal again

btw you should open up a cb7 tuner mobile website

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Is it unlocked?

Comment

Yeah. Well, jailbroken.

Comment

Working...
                              X