Jay's "DOA"... talkin to who?!?!?!?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay's "DOA"... talkin to who?!?!?!?!!

for those that know what im talking about, who the hell is he talking to? is he just trying to stir up some controversy to pump his name up for the upcoming album?

i too, HATE anything autotune. but for him to make a track like this, it seems like he's dissing anyone that uses it. but that would include many people he's worked with... including his own kanye... which from what i read, co-produced the damn track!!!!!!

how the fuck is kanye gonna put out some bullshit album soaked in this shit, and then produce a track talking shit about it.

im thoroughly confused.

idk who its too but its a badass song
    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

Kanye West could put out an entire album talking about how wack he is and he'd still come out on top.

As for Jay, he's probably just stirring the pot like you said.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

J just made a song about all these new guys cuz he can. AT is staying

Comment

just taking a shot at the new guys ..<edit> ... i would say its his version of NAS's hip hop is dead

Comment

VS.....

Comment

I fucking love Jay. He's just stirring up the drama and saying I'm doing it because I can. He'll take anyones name and smear it.

No lyin, your *****s’ jeans too tight
              Your colors too bright, your voice too light
              I might wear black four years straight,
              I might bring back Versace shades,
              This ain’t for Z100
              Ye told me to kill yall to keep it 100
              This is for Hot 9-7
              The shit for clue for Khaled, for we the best n’
              ***** this shit violent
              This is death of autotune, moment of silence…/QUOTE]

Holdup, this shit need a verse from Jeezy… ay!
              I might send this to the mixtape Weezy
              Get somebody from BMF to talk on this
              Give this to a Blood, let a Crip walk on it
              Get me foul to style on this
              I just don’t need nobody to smile on this
              You *****s singin too much,
              Get back to rap you T-Pain’n too much
              That says it all right there. For the people that helped make it to the top or that he's just boys with. To making fun of people he thinks are soft. To saying he can change the way people dress. He's the fucking man and as far as I'm concerned this song really shows it. American gangster was kind of a flop but this this song man. I think this songs really brought back the fight in him.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I was never a huge Jay fan, actually hated him for a while...i thought he was kinda corny.

Anyway, heard this the other day and i have a new found respect for him now.

You right Mayberry, this song showcases his writing abilities as well as arrangments.

Great song.

Comment

Kanye West is a racist fuck.....and if I remember correctly somebody told me Jay-Z is too.

Comment

^^^ i heard elvis was too

Comment

"I know we facin a recession but this music ya'll making gonna make it great depression"

holy shit that was awesome!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                        Kanye West is a racist fuck.....and if I remember correctly somebody told me Jay-Z is too.

no , he's a *** fish .

as for doa , it has to be anyone who's used autotune .
                        now i can see kanye producing something that would completely go against what he does . i hate autotune , with a passion . . . . it takes away from the hard work those who can't sing go through in voice training . and to make it worse , people who CAN sing use it too wtf ( jamie foxx ) .

jay is great . nas is greater . imo .
                        autotune is maricon .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                        - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

He is not stirring up shit...he is just saying like it is. Even on the "Put On" remix he took a subtle jab at the autotune or "t-pain" as he referred to it. Its ok if they wanna use to but its being overdone now especially when lil wayne is using it and Kanye did an entire album using it. Then you had wack ass artist like Ron Browz using to make its, it was just getting ridiculous and someone at to say it was time for it to stop. Hip/hop or Rap is not about autotune and gimmicks in my book so Im looking forward to getting to "the lyrics" like Lupe would say.

edit: I'm one of the biggest Jay fans and own all his albums(original and bootleg), he can do no wrong except for the "show me what you got" song he made even tho I find myself singing to it
                          Last edited by Gemini; 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM.
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

D.O.A. was released on hot 97.. I heard it the first night it came out and flex had it on for like 15 min no lie!

Comment

now THAT is a jab at autotune .
                              b.o.b. + east atl ftw .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                              - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Working...
                              X