True OG CB7 tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True OG CB7 tuners?

I was just reading through 2point6's K24 thread, and I got to thinking... We usually regard the "OG" members of this site as the oldschool CB7 tuners... but many of those are still noobs compared to a few guys out there!

For example, 2point6 obviously... His car was featured in Sport Compact Car in 2002.

Accord SiR was tuning his CB7 since 1997 I believe... H swap, nitrous, stock block turbo, boom, built turbo.

Doughboy415 rolled his car off the lot brand new in 1992 and had his first modification done before he even got it home.

PRIMOCB7 was running low 14s with a naturally aspirated F22A... what did he have done? Just a cam and headwork. (I knew this for years... I should've realized the F22A's potential then!)

Anyway, those are just guys I know from this site, that were going strong well before this site started in 2003. I know there are MANY more, such as the guy that I got my H22 swap writeup from back in 03...
    Post em up! Pictures would be awesome too, if you can find them!

i remember ATX's old f22 (before the swap) vids back in the day in 03 when i joined. that is probably the earliest i can remember.

also remember eric (r33) pioneer to me at least for the dsm turbo setup, i dont know if it was anyone else before him. back when uberdata ruled the day lol.

deev, you are going back further than i know though, like accordsir (carlos), i only remember him being built/boost. i do remember 2point6's h22 that was done over to a 2.6 then a 2.5 then something else lol.

i mean i know i joined this site in 03 a couple months after it started i believe. it was very small when i joined.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

93accordEx / jason was a true JDM OG in my opinion. there are a few others that pop into my head, pearlacord/amber, civilone... kentuckyaccord. usc was the high end roller/light king. bustedlx and acclude91 were not quite as far back but they were hardcore experts in the beginning of the online era.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

glad you mentioned that deev, i think accord SIR was my favorite accord of all time on here hands down.... i wonder if he still has it ... his cb7 was what i aspired mine to be back like 4 years ago.... i still consider myself a newbie i just appreciate good looking hondas
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=accord+sir

Comment

Rebels. His car, which I originally saw on cardomain, was the reason I decided to join this site. If I remember correctly, he's now rocking a Lexus.

Comment

Originally posted by re0430 View Post
            Rebels. His car, which I originally saw on cardomain, was the reason I decided to join this site. If I remember correctly, he's now rocking a Lexus.
            yeah i remember seeing rebels.. on car domain.. and thinking this guy has some cash to be relocating his fuel tank n changine up the color... it was a cool car .. i think it was an h22 automatic...

Comment

For me it was lithium92's car that even got me interested in modding the CB.

I know a few of the nicer cars in so cal the owners have had them for like 10 years. Lummiecb7 has had his since like 93 and his car has been going back and forth between stock and modded since then.

Comment

i got mine back in '95/'96. didn't find out about this site until '05.

if i had known about this site sooner, i would have signed up on day one. i was never on a computer back then, oh well.

you said pics, so here's some.

bone stock.

some simple mods.

here was the motor 10 years ago. just added the intake.

as it sits now. the lighting could be better.

later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Type G is the most O-G cb7tuner here
                  later

Comment

So I guess this makes me new school. Anyways there are a few, that and then the people who are just extremely knowledgable, d112 HondaFan and a few others.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                    "The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I've been OG since 2001 when I started working on the car...

Comment

Bille's car comes to mind when I think of sexy cars from back in the day. I don't think he's THAT oldschool though, I want to say he was around in like 04? All I remember was his custom hood, bumper and he was swapped

EDIT: He's still posting haha

Last edited by apuforyou; 07-08-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
                          yeah i remember seeing rebels.. on car domain.. and thinking this guy has some cash to be relocating his fuel tank n changine up the color... it was a cool car .. i think it was an h22 automatic...
                          it was h22 auto, but it smoked the shit out of a old school chevy v8 one night. i was in tampa one night picking up my H&R Race/Tokiko setup on my old coupe and i havent been in a h22 before, so he gave me a ride. pulled up to a light, some douche in a chevy smiled, light turned chevy rips it, adam was in low gear and just tore that thing up. for an auto, i thought it moved.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/3178/

^All of them. Yea, ATX is on there!

A few s/n's that were influential to me that some might remember were:

patastinky
                            usc
                            honda304
                            2point6 (still remember hanging out at Barnes and Nobles and seeing his car in SCC)

There's plenty more that deserve props, though.

I started in 2000, when I got my driver's liscense and my first CB7. Didn't find out about forums til about 2002, so local car peeps had given me 'inspiration' (ie dumped on replica Racing Harts with a coffee can) at the time.

Comment

all those guys are gone, it makes me sad and unmotivated.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X