Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any other Xray Techs on here?

Just curious.

That's what im in school for now. This fall i start my second year and i love it. Coolest job ever.

I just can't wait to work and actually get paid, instead of working for free(clinic rotations)

I asked an x-ray tech about it because I was interested some time ago. He said it could get pretty gruesome.

I don't deal with nail stuck skull's too well.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
      I asked an x-ray tech about it because I was interested some time ago. He said it could get pretty gruesome.

I don't deal with nail stuck skull's too well.
      Well yea i suppose any time you are involved in direct patient care you will see stuff.

Yesterday we had a lady come in where i work that had her leg run over by a cab. Broken in 3 places, with an open fracture and her foot hanging by mere muscle.

I didn't actually see it, that is how it was described to me.

But ive been in the OR and seen them hack away at Knees and hips and also replace hardware to correct Scoliosis. Its crazy looking over and seeing someone face down with there spine exposed. Idk that stuff doesn't bother me.

Now the smell of burning flesh, thats a whole other story.

Comment

I barely made it through my wifes c-section and I didnt even peak over the towel to see what was going on! Open bodies dead or alive just isnt for me! Burning flesh and burnt hair get to me alot also.

Comment

Ahhh it isn't nothing.

Its natural....and a very beautiful thing at that.

Anywho, this is how i know i was born to work in the medical field.

Its nasty but i just see it as a job at the end of the day, and a very rewarding one.

Not many people can come home and say that helped someone at the end of the day, let alone maybe 30-70 people depending on your day.

Comment

Very true and I'm glad there are people like you that can actually do this kind of work.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
              Very true and I'm glad there are people like you that can actually do this kind of work.
              Well said.

You must have a strong stomach, Ralphie. I'm about to blow chunks from reading the description of the woman's leg.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                Well said.

You must have a strong stomach, Ralphie. I'm about to blow chunks from reading the description of the woman's leg.
                Yea i guess i do.

I don't know, it intrigues me how the body works and how it all fits together but at the same time usually when ive had to deal with it in the past my EMT training kicks in and i usually have something else to focus on other then the gore etc.

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                Thanks!

Comment

I been trying to choose what to go back to school for. I was thinking radiology tech or phlembotomy or it support tech. I don't know I'm stuck between those 3, I love health care but also love computers!
                  99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

I thought you worked at an air port??

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
                      I been trying to choose what to go back to school for. I was thinking radiology tech or phlembotomy or it support tech. I don't know I'm stuck between those 3, I love health care but also love computers!
                      Yea well IT is a great field but i think the security isn't as good as the Health Care field.

I mean people do get laid off from hospitals and a few in this area have even closed, but they will always need health care workers.

I don't know, i thought about doing stuff with computers but for me its more fun to work on them at home....if i had to do it for someone else and put up with shit id get burnt out.

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                      I thought you worked at an air port??
                      I did for a few months, for Jetblue. I loved every minute of that as well and free flights cannot be beat. I left to go to school fulltime for Xray because that is my goal now and the money is way better. If i could pull of working part time for Jetblue i would to keep the flying benefits.

Comment

have you stuck your body under the machine yet?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I used to work in xray getting patients for tests and taking them back to their rooms, I was the transporter . Here in Tx, the jobs for xray techs are getting skimpy.

I've seen just about all they see. Burnt skin..eh...not too common, what'll get you is pt's who need their airway suctioned...throwing up the oral contrast...it smells like horrible barf and raw rotten fish when it comes up...and a LOT comes up...cause they drink like 32 oz of it.

Body cheddar...nasty...300+ pound folks...grossness man

But you get used to seeing hundreds of old nasty butts...you hardly EVEN get to see young butts. HA HA...you get acclimated and callused pretty quick though to all that stuff.
                          Last edited by bcjammerx; 07-04-2009, 01:34 AM.
                          ____

Comment

^^^ aw man thats pretty sick. literally

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                              have you stuck your body under the machine yet?
                              Nah lol....id like to have kids one day.

But ive had xrays before.

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              I used to work in xray getting patients for tests and taking them back to their rooms, I was the transporter . Here in Tx, the jobs for xray techs are getting skimpy.

I've seen just about all they see. Burnt skin..eh...not too common, what'll get you is pt's who need their airway suctioned...throwing up the oral contrast...it smells like horrible barf and raw rotten fish when it comes up...and a LOT comes up...cause they drink like 32 oz of it.

Body cheddar...nasty...300+ pound folks...grossness man

But you get used to seeing hundreds of old nasty butts...you hardly EVEN get to see young butts. HA HA...you get acclimated and callused pretty quick though to all that stuff.
                              Yea the burnt flesh i was talking about is strictly in the OR. When they cauterize tissue and whatnot. I haven't seen anyone throw up contrast yet. No blow outs either lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X