NO cars for sale... why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO cars for sale... why

Is it just me, or are there no cars for sale? I remember when I had my cb7, i could get on autotrader and find like 20 cb7s for under $2000. Now im trying to find a cb7 or cd5, and I can't find shit.

I thought maybe it was because I moved an hour south to harrisonburg, but then I searched back around strasburg, and there's nothing there either.

What gives guys? is it the economy? Because for me personally I found it to be getting a little bit better lately. Or at least steadier.

On a side note, anyone in the NoVa area selling a cb7 or cd5 for under $2000? must be 5 speed.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Really? Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Nashville Craigslist(s) have TONS of CB's and CD's in your price range. But, their not too close to you.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
      is it the economy?.
      doubt it.. I would assume sub $1500 cars (cb7s) aren't effected..

Comment

People pay for autotrader correct? Who wants to pay to sell a car worth a grand.. Look on craigslist .. There are many cb7s on craigslist.

Comment

I've destroyed craigslist. There are 5 if I recall correctly, and two are the same, and another is automatic. Then there's either too many miles, or something that needs too much work for the asking price, which apparantly, is FIRM. I know it's firm because they put it in all capital letters. lol

What happened to the good ol days? I bought my cb7 for 400, nothing wrong with it.

Ok, well the radiator did blow up 2 minutes from his house, but hey, it was a great way to get to know my car, and i never had trouble with it again.
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Is it just me, or are there no cars for sale? I remember when I had my cb7, i could get on autotrader and find like 20 cb7s for under $2000. Now im trying to find a cb7 or cd5, and I can't find shit.

I thought maybe it was because I moved an hour south to harrisonburg, but then I searched back around strasburg, and there's nothing there either.

What gives guys? is it the economy? Because for me personally I found it to be getting a little bit better lately. Or at least steadier.

On a side note, anyone in the NoVa area selling a cb7 or cd5 for under $2000? must be 5 speed.
            I found the same to be true when I was searching.

Comment

If you're willing to take a bit of a drive, I've got one in Richmond that I'll sell for $1300. It has a few issues though (airbag, idle, fuel pump, brakes).

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Very likely due to the ecomony:

People are not upgrading to new or newer cars and instead keeping the older ones and making repairs to keep them running. This is evident by the packed dealerships, and the fact that auto parts stores are doing just fine in the very poor economy because parts sales have not decreased.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

sucks. I want another honda.

Comment

told you not to get rid of your last one. lmao. j/k

ill see what i can find. im always finding them all over the place at sub $700 range.

here you go. not sub $700 range but good:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1236375521.html

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1232517664.html

you just look in the wrong places. try looking in the auto parts sections and type in accord.

Comment

thanks terence, but i need something more local and i don't want something that needs too much work. Interior can be shitty, im gutting it anyway.

Comment

thanks terence, but i need something more local and i don't want something that needs too much work. Interior can be shitty, im gutting it anyway.
                        well sorry man. you being picky like that aint gonna find you much. you got a truck. rent a tow dolly and go pick a car up if its not around you. thats what your doing wrong you look JUSt in your area, you wont find much of nothin...

Comment

ill sell you mines. 400 bucks

needs:

driver window
                          suspension and sway bars
                          engine and tranny
                          and exhaust
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Please stop trying to sell cars outside of the classifieds...

If you notice, there are probably a lot more trucks, luxury cars, and other impractical big-engined cars for sale these days. That's one of the reasons I was looking to buy something huge! Like a 600SEL (V12 )

Comment

they should know better. sorry if i was wrong for posting those craigslist ads tho.

and wtf do you need with a V12 deev? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X