D17 new Motor swap went well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D17 new Motor swap went well

So yeah. Just an update finished the swap last night at midnight. Had weird idle issue and no brakes when i took it for a spin. go figure I forgot to plug in brake booster hose =P Put that in, then I just had an exhaust leak because i needed studs. Had today off from work, I'm offically broke as fuck

but the engine is in, runs great! *sidenote* never put parts on the radiator support (alt fell off car and seized) so I got a new alternator. yeah.

All and all, swap was okay, I need to invest in a fucking air compressor, my friend brought one down like 3 hours before the end and it helped alot so this is my next investment.

In the meantime I saw i need Lower balljoints BAD esp on passanger side. Have to order those when I get money. and get that done. Also while im doing that ill be replacing compliance bushing and that other one on the LCA (both parts i got from honda)

So all in all

New used motor
    New Honda Headgasket
    New VC Seal/Oil Pan seal/sparkplug seals
    ARP Headstuds
    Alternator
    Hooked up oil press gauge (finally)
    Filled 2 mounts with the windshield gasket maker and works awesome!
    hmm yeah i think thats it. (wish i got a good stage 3 clutch but whatever.

Things that are comming:

Balljoints replaced ASAP
    Hood latch Cable (Have it)
    Hood Latch( have it)
    Compliance Bushing/other( have it)
    New Radiator Support
    New Radiator oem
    New Hood
    New Rear/Front Bumper
    Quarterpanel (maybe)
    & Rust fixed on roof/side window then have car painted by someone I know.

Yeah boi. I'm Broke as fuck now. I have to cash in my change to get gas to go to work all week. Ugh.

+ the hood fell on my head and broke my bug deflector, thank god I have a backup one in the garage haha.

(new hids for fogs also coming.

I'll post pictures tonight. I don't feel like it now ok?

yeahhhhh!

okay here are the few pics i took

Last edited by Maple50175; 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM.

Nice! Now come help me with my cars

Comment

Nice to see the car is finally back up and running again! Man i think my neighbors would complain if i were to do a swap in the street like that lol

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
      Frost White Member 13
      My Ride
      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

tell me when and i'll be there
        lol
        i gotta get this one retuned although it does pull. but i need at least 500$ we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by icedplaya123 View Post
          Nice to see the car is finally back up and running again! Man i think my neighbors would complain if i were to do a swap in the street like that lol

well i dont give a shit about my neighbors. Plus if i did it in driveway its at a slight incline and jacks etc sink into the driveway. why not in the st where i can leak fluid everywhere lol

idk

Comment

lol in the street? damn you really do live in a rual area

btw theres a 01-02 silver coupe, a 03-05 black coupe, & a silver EP3 in my local JY

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Glad to see you have an new one Maple. Get it tuned and post up some vids.

Glad to hear that the only thing that broke was your bug deflector and not your head.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
              X