Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone who worls at a tire shop retarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is everyone who worls at a tire shop retarded?

Cringe Edit
    Last edited by Whutface; 11-26-2017, 03:51 PM.

A wheel bearing doesn't just "fall off and crack" on our cars. It's bolted down and pressed into the hub, which is bolted to the rotor, which is bolted to the spindle, which is bolted to the 2 control arms which attach to the chassis frame...

Sounds like you got jewed at that les schwabs.

Also, it might vary from store to store, but les schwabs is only supposed to fix flats when it's a tire they carry. But usually they'll do it for free just to keep busy. The more invoices they get the better it looks for them.

Also, those are free services, why are you bitching about that? But yes, people that work at tires shops are usually retarded.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Damn I wouldn't have paid for that "wheel bearing" because there is no way it would have broken doing an alignment.......If they actually produced a part saying it was from my car, I would have said no it isn't, cuz I know what an Accord wheel bearing looks like. You got screwed son. I would call the BBB, you might get lucky
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

all i can say is YOU GOT SCREWED ... several times !!!

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

i wish some fools would try me like that
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Whutface View Post
            Every time I go to a tire shop something fucked up happens.

If you don't want to read all this only the second half is really important

Les Schwab: Went in for alignment, They broke a wheel bearing and charged me for it because they said it was rusty and just fell apart.. But couldn't find it when I asked to see it, Fucked up the alignment.

Went in to get my alignment re-done under warranty, They didn't charge me for anything but they were rude to me and the alignment still isn't right.

Took my girlfriends tire in from her xterra to get patched, (Les Schwab does free tire patching/plugging) I go in, Give them the tire, They take my information.. Including the tire, I signed a piece of paper saying that it was a complementary service and there was no charge. I come back to get they tire and they say I owe then 12 bucks "because it wasn't a tire from a passenger vehicle".. I'm like wtf no. They tell me they wont fix my tires for free again, I tell them I'm never coming back..
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple S tire: Go in and ask to get my tire patched, They plug it.....

Next day go in because my tire is flat again because the plug was leaking, They fix it

Next day (today) Go in pissed off because my tire is flat again from the plug leaking.. and there is a fucking crack in the side now. Nobodys there even though they should be open, I called the owners cell number (posted in the window as an emergency number) he yells at me for saying that my tire being flat (and now cracked) is his fault.. and to come back on monday.

I'm going back monday to ask they he pay to replace the tire. He might end up with a burnt down shop

What the fuck is wrong with tire shops.
            no offense man but it is because you look like you can get jewed.

ive stopped going into repair shops because i probably know more than 90% of the techs there and im just a machinist.

everyone is out to screw somebody.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Haha They Pulled The Same Shit On Me But Said It Was My Tire Sensor That Was Broken And Im Like Oh Ya Its A New 2007 Nissan Altima Im Sure Its Broken Fuck That I Took My Tire Left Then When The Problem Persisted And I Had A Big Welt On My Tire I Took It To My Dealer Were I Bought The Car And A Bumber To Bumber Warranty And They Replaced The Tire Free Of Charge! I Reduced My Visits To Les Shwab Execpt For That One Time I Told Them To Replace My Fucking Wiper That I Payed Twenty Dollors For Cu It Ripped When I Urned My Windshield Wipers On But They Did That For Free!!!

!!!GET LOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                A wheel bearing doesn't just "fall off and crack" on our cars. It's bolted down and pressed into the hub, which is bolted to the rotor, which is bolted to the spindle, which is bolted to the 2 control arms which attach to the chassis frame...

Sounds like you got jewed at that les schwabs.

Also, it might vary from store to store, but les schwabs is only supposed to fix flats when it's a tire they carry. But usually they'll do it for free just to keep busy. The more invoices they get the better it looks for them.

Also, those are free services, why are you bitching about that? But yes, people that work at tires shops are usually retarded.
                X2

They either see lots of money in you and want some of it, or they think your retarded. It's simple, find a place the does the specialty stuff, not wall-mart, or jiffy lube or any other place like that. I took my car to a place right next to Fast Lane Classic Cars, and they had 5 bays, one alignment machine in the very middle and two open bays on either end. When I walked in they were completely redoing a 57 Chevy's suspension with brand new shiny parts sitting waiting to be bolted in and made usable. The entire shop was clean enough to eat off of. Trust those people, not the ones that screw you and can't show you why you need to fix your car.
                Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Yes.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Why don't you take your car to a place that has technicians instead of 3 toothed rednecks?

Firestone, Goodyear, etc.

Not always the sharpest guys, but they stand behind their work with a nationwide warranty. Worth the money to me.

Comment

It helps to know how to patch your own tire.
                      Give it a shot, it's easy.

Don't bring your car into a garage unless its for ECU tuning or tire mounting.
                      Pretty much everything else is doable by the average wrencher.
                      The only way for a car geek to live is to have only himself to blame for problems with his car.

Comment

shoulda gone to Discount Tire Co. We fix any kinda tire, whether its a 400 dollar Maserati tire or a 38" Mud Bogger. No charge for patching and plugging, including rebalancing and bolting it on.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I've always had good service at les shwabs or nelson tire
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

NTB Great service, never had a problem.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Last I knew...when you do an alginment on an Accord..all you have to do is adjust the tie rod up front and the lower a arm in the back...
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X