sega vs nintendo history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sega vs nintendo history

older heads on here might appreciate...clip is pretty funny by the angry nintendo nerd... my first console was the NES 2nd was a genesis and gameboy..then xbox and had a ps2 blah

now i got an xbox 360 ftw but i do own a PSP and a DS

if you wanna go REALLY far back, nintendo has a crazy history. the company struggled for decades since the late 1800s to find a niche profitable enough to stay afloat, and sold everything from playing cards and instant rice to running prostitution houses.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I forgot about the plug-in 32 bit expansion module. I had Saturn when it came put and liked it. I still feel it could have been competitive with the ps1 if Sega had simply backed the product better. They did the same thing with Dreamcast, Brought out a great console that was ahead of the curve and then completely abandoned it within a year.

Comment

Sega always jumped the gun. They wanted to be first, and they never quite made it. The Genesis was timed right. The Super Nintendo WAS the superior system, and the games on that system are still some of my favorite games ever. Genesis had some decent stuff, though.

Saturn... I never even knew anyone that had one. It looked cool, and I wish I could find a working emulator to play some of the games, but it was a flop.
        Dreamcast was pretty kickass. I always wanted one, but never wanted to shell out the money. I had a PS1, and that was more than enough for me!

Comment

I had a dreamcast when all my buddies had ps1s.....The dreamcast kicked ps1s ass in pretty much every department other than games.....but then ps2 and xbox came out and like literally the next day sega stopped making games for the dreamcast....it felt like that anyways

I remember going into a blockbuster one day to rent a game for my dreamcast and the guy told me that in 2 weeks they were selling every single dreamcast game that had since they were only focusing on ps2 and xbox......this was like a year or two after i got the dreamcast.....it sucked.....then I moved onto ps2....then 360

But SNES still holds the number one spot in my heart....cuz those were the days when my parents still played video games with me (i was a young'un) and I can remember playing Super Mario 3 with my mom.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

who the fuck drinks that rolling rock shit damn drink real beer like sam adams bitch. And Sega did pretty much fuck its self by not making ANY games for its systems. I remember playing tony hawk on the dream cast and thinking how bad ass that system was but then if you just tipped it over and left it on it would catch on fire . . . .
            F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
            My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
            Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Im loving my new newly acquired snes
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

im a fan of angry nintendo nerd tho sometimes he bashes games that i think are good... he was dead on with top gun and the first tmnt on the NES both games sucked

I remember i had gotten the sega cd but i opened my xmas gift then wrapped it back up. So my mom took it back to the store so i missed out on sega CD!
                Its funny because he reviews games that i wanted and i get to see what i missed out on.

I remember i was playing i think MK2 at the arcade and seeing the ps 1 on display ..i thought boring..and i still think boring...thats why i never got one

I missed out on the SNES cuz i had Sega..i bet my mom got the Sega cuz the reps at the store were like this has "blast processing" w.. if i could go back in time i would tell her to get the SNES... sonic the hedgehog 2 was the best game sega had on that platform

i remember playing the saturn at toys-r-us and it wasnt anything to brag about.. but when i played dreamcast... it had some nice graphics i think the demo game was crazy taxi!!!

as far as the jaguar.. everyone wanted one but nobody had it.. and who owned a turbo grafx 16? and i remember i wanted the lynx gaming system ah memories

i think the sony and xbox wars are going to last a few decades both are huge companies... i think the best step would to allow xbox / ps3 titles that are the same be compatible so you could fight your friends on a different platform

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen View Post
                  if you wanna go REALLY far back, nintendo has a crazy history. the company struggled for decades since the late 1800s to find a niche profitable enough to stay afloat, and sold everything from playing cards and instant rice to running prostitution houses.
                  im bout to google this intresting... so luigi was a pimp before a plumber

Comment

Of all the systems ive owned, i think my original SEGA was probably my favorite due to the number of games i liked.

While i do enjoy a handful of Nintendo games from NES on up to N64, the SEGA had more enjoyable games, IMO.

Ive really come to love the GTA series but i cant really get into any other PS games. I like a lot of the originals, but not their add-ons. I know, its weird. I live GTA:SA but i still cant justify spending even $120 on a new PS2.

And no, i wont get an XBOX. I just.....i dunno, i cant get into it. Halo is cool, but...meh.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

But dont get me started on the Wii or handheld systems, lol.

I liked the SEGA NoMad. The one that played actual, full-sized SEGA games.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I wanna buy that sega monster lol but for now my genesis 3 will have to do

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
                          im bout to google this intresting... so luigi was a pimp before a plumber
                          he's always been a plumber... if you know what i'm sayin.
                          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

reminds me of the ps3 vs. xbox 360 war. ps3 has this and that and so much graphics but no games. while the xbox has decent graphics and tons of games. history will repeat itself haha although i have been a Sega fan for years and was really sad when they went

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                            X