Worst Drivers in America...Literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MclovinRR View Post
    i agree this list has to be backwards new york, cali, and fl have some of the worst effin drivers i have ever encountered... hell i got hit in the back of my bike.... who the eff does that???? on a back road???
    You didn't read a damn thing, did you? Or even follow the link? The list isn't backwards, you are. The list is in order from best to worst... the ones at the bottom are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      I did my best to avoid most of the Mass Turnpike (I-90) going to the CT meet. 6 lanes of crazy massholes is not my idea of defensive driving.

I've heard of Florida drivers from my uncle. Grandma's doing 20 on the highway cuz she can barely see over the wheel of her Grand Marquis.
      My experience with FL drivers is the opposite! They're all flying around everywhere, cutting you off... it's terrible.

If you want a crazy driving experience, try the Garden State Parkway. They wanted to add a lane, but they didn't widen the road. They just made the lanes narrower. The 55mph speed limit is merely a suggestion. If you're going slower than 65, you're going to get tailgated, cut off, and cursed at. I did it yesterday on a donut...

That, or try driving through downtown Elizabeth, NJ. One yellow line in the middle, divides the directions. People just kinda make up lanes, though. What SHOULD be one lane in each direction ends up being about 4... until people park... and then people park next to them (or just stop...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        If you want a crazy driving experience, try the Garden State Parkway. They wanted to add a lane, but they didn't widen the road. They just made the lanes narrower. The 55mph speed limit is merely a suggestion. If you're going slower than 65, you're going to get tailgated, cut off, and cursed at. I did it yesterday on a donut...
        Done that! All those tolls pissed me off. It was like 1 every couple of miles, stop pay 35 cents, go again. 35 cents, WTH! can't make it easy with just 25.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

How somebody does on a stupid quiz should not be the deciding factor in rating driving ability. Horrible drivers could still ace the test. They can't take into account peoples temper, reaction time, natural abilities etc. I don't believe in statistics like these. They are never accurate yet so many people stand by them.

Comment

Your Score: 80% (NJ)

I agree with people in Jersey being the worst drivers. They have no common sense sometimes.
            Me and Juan will tell you, we see it all the time. Theres always a dumbo doing something stupid.

I think NY drivers have the best skills. If you know how to drive in NYC, you know how to drive anywhere.
            I wanna see someone from Montana or Nebraska handle NY traffic, they will get eaten alive.
            Belt Parkway, Cross Bronx, the BQE.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
              i think FL has to be the worst ...
              Having driven in Florida and California, I would take Florida. Although, So Cal is much worse than Nor Cal, and LA is worse than San Diego.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ontario, Canada beats them all.....

And the "worst" drivers in this test looks more like the most aggressive drivers. Someone that can manuver through, LA, DC or NorthEast traffic will do fine everywhere else. Its when you put the Idaho driver in NYC that you have a problem.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I missed 14 and 15...

btw I thought your supposed to have your high beams low beams and fog lights on at night during thick fog?
                  -Will

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                    Your Score: 80% (NJ)

I agree with people in Jersey being the worst drivers. They have no common sense sometimes.
                    Me and Juan will tell you, we see it all the time. Theres always a dumbo doing something stupid.

I think NY drivers have the best skills. If you know how to drive in NYC, you know how to drive anywhere.
                    I wanna see someone from Montana or Nebraska handle NY traffic, they will get eaten alive.
                    Belt Parkway, Cross Bronx, the BQE.
                    Yup, I agree with you 100% about the NY. They have skills in driving, not saying its safe and all because its dangerous. If you ain't from there and go there for a vacation, the drivers will eat you alive lol. They will cut in and out of traffic like nothing. I used to live in Worcester Massachusetts about 30-40 mins from Boston. Let me tell you, either people can't drive for shit, or they drive hella agressive. Because I'v lived over there, and because of my uncle in law who taught me how to drive ( by delivering newspaper lol), NO place will ever eat me alive
                    Last edited by trubluryder; 05-22-2009, 01:14 AM.
                    "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

FL and NY

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

NY is last??? WTF?!?!?!?

Originally posted by zack_odom
                        Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                          I missed 14 and 15...

btw I thought your supposed to have your high beams low beams and fog lights on at night during thick fog?
                          Ah, you're one of THOSE people, eh?

Certainly not. High beams light up the fog, reducing your visibility. That's why fog lights are low to the ground.
                          Are you one of those people that puts their high beams on at dusk, or in the rain too? I wanna run those people off the road.

Honestly, high beams should NEVER be used in the presence of other drivers.

Comment

I fucking agree
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Honestly, high beams should NEVER be used in the presence of other drivers.

i agree! and i'm the one that is so blind i can't drive at night! haha.

but yeah i agree taht NJ and NY is the most skilled drivers. when i go to NJ i don't drive due cuz i have one eye. i CAN if have to be. but don't cuz i am not aware of my surrounding as most people with two eyes. but yeah take an Idaho guy to NY and he gunna be eaten alive lol
                              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                                Ontario, Canada beats them all.....

And the "worst" drivers in this test looks more like the most aggressive drivers. Someone that can manuver through, LA, DC or NorthEast traffic will do fine everywhere else. Its when you put the Idaho driver in NYC that you have a problem.
                                Not necessarily true.

However, there is an adjustment period because those drivers are courteous, so when they go to land of the dicks they have to get used to not being nice.

The wonderful thing about the midwest is that people actually KNOW how to drive, they don't just THINK they do like most of the states at the bottom of the list.

A small list of why they are the best drivers:

1) They do not speed up when you try to pass them. They do not speed up if they think you MIGHT try to pass them. They don't speed up and tailgate AFTER you pass them.

2) They use their turn signals, when they are actually supposed to, and early enough in advance to actually alert others as to what is coming. They generally do not change lanes and move over in front of you for no apparent reason. If tehy do have to move over, they will usually speed up so that they stay out of your way until they can move back over or turn off.

3) If you are going faster, and they are in the left lane, they move over. They don't try to roadblock you, box you in, or make you pass them on the right. If passing someone in the left lane, they pass and then move back over as soon as it is safe to do so. They don't pass, but stay in the left lane for 1/2 mile and then wait until you are in the right lane about to pass to move over into the right lane.

4) When in traffic, they are intelligent enough to understand that if nobody lets anybody in, then nobody goes anywhere. Rather than just thinking about being a dick to the guy trying to get in/out of traffic, they are thinking strategically about the flow of traffic. They understand that if everybody lets just one person in, then everyone gets home faster. Consequently, they know that each person will let 1 person in, so they don't try to cram 10 people into a 1 car hole, and they don't try to use their SUV as leverage to make you let them in.

5) They do not try to box you in on the interstate so that you can't get around them and have nowhere to go just because they want to be in front.

6) They don't attempt to have a "buddy" to try to avoid getting tickets and ride right on someone's ass, or match their speed 50 feet away, so that nobody has any options. They have a full understanding that pulling 2 people over at once makes the cop's revenue twice as high, for half as much work.

7) They appreciate open space. They understand that when there is 1,000 miles of open highway in front of you, you don't need to be right on top of someone.

8) They understand that a steady pace is faster than an erratic pace. You have all seen them. The guy that goes 90 for 2 minutes and then 70 for five, and then 90 for 3 and then 70 for 3. That is usually the person you pass over and over and over and over because they are trying to get somewhere, but they are afraid to speed, so they don't. The guy going 80 the whole time, not only gets there quicker, but it is less tiring, less stressful, less fatiguing and they spend less $$ on gas.

9) They make proper turns. When there are 2 turn lanes, they turn into their respective lane. They don't get in the left turn lane so nobody will go around them and then cut into the right lane nearly hitting a car in the process because they have to make a right hand turn or are just plain assholes. If they are in the left lane, the turn into the left lane and then when safe to do so, they move over legally. If they need to turn right from the right lane, then they get in the right turn lane so they don't have to cut across traffic.

10) They drive in inclement weather, so they have an understanding of what it takes to stop a car, and what happens if they do not.

11) They understand that it is better to get there late, than not at all.

12) They generally drive with respect to the speed limit. They often drive 5 over like everyone else, but seldom do they drive much faster than that. When everyone is maintaining that nice comfortable pace, it takes the same amount of time as if you keep speeding up and slowing down. To compensate, they leave a few minutes earlier, so that they don't have to speed and kill people on the way to work.

13) They stop for red lights and stop signs. They generally don't do "California stops."

14) If they are going slow, and people want to get around them, more often than not, they move over and let the people pass. Rather than asserting their importance on others, this avoids making the other motorists mad, and contributing to a potentially dangerous situation.

15) They understand what causes gridlock and how ineffective it is, so they don't enter an intersection until they are able to clear it. That way, if the light does turn red, it doesn't block traffic in the other direction thus clogging every roadway for tens of miles. NYC drivers should be able to sympathize with that one.

16)They understand that their headlights allow others to see them during the day, even though it does not improve their vision.

The fact is that you can try to justify aggressive idiot drivers all you want. Places like NYC, LA, Boston etc are the way they are because the drivers are too dumb to prevent half of the shit that goes on, so instead, they try to drive more aggressively to compensate. If they drove courteously, and didn't act like a bunch of monkeys fucking a football, there would be no need to be as aggressive as they are. In heavy traffic, you do have to be assertive, but not aggressive. Sometimes, you just have to wait. By doing everything you can to not wait, you often end up waiting longer.

In the end, the results speak for themselves. There is a right way to do it, and a lot of wrong ways. Midwest drivers are much closer to the right way, although they are themselves, not completely perfect either.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X