This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been accused of insurance fraud

I fucking hate insurance companies. Ok here it goes. Most of you know my bike was stolen a few weeks ago. Well me and my gf (who is the current policy holder) had to go through a 1 hour interrogation today regarding this whole thing. Well after being in there for an hour the guy tells me he has a hunch I had arranged to have it stolen because I had it up for sale at one time because technically I didnt want it anymore. I wanted to sell it then I changed my mind...so what? They grill us both for an hour trying to get insurance fraud out of us and pretty much got accused of it. They showed up at my old house looking for the bike that wasnt there obviously. They have requested phone records that I cannot access due to the account not being in my name. Im fucking pissed. So number one lesson people...chain your bike to a big ass tree and make sure it doesnt get stolen...or you might get accused of insurance fraud. Does anybody have any pointers or laws to explain to me before I call this guy back and tell him what the deal is? I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!

what company?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Read your policy. Find out what the limitations are. If there's nothing in there that even suggests "you can't claim theft if you were recently considering selling the bike" then they are wrong. Yes, they have to be thorough... understandable... but still. They have no grounds to make such accusations.

Comment

its progressive. This is the THIRD time I have been fucked by insurance companys. I have been observing questions they have asked me. Here in SC by law they have to ask me if I want copies of the tape that was used to record the interrogation. They havent asked me. So either way they are fucked or I am fucked. Its hard to determine whos fucked at the moment. More than likely me. I understand they have to investigate what the hell is going on but they dont need to accuse me and my gf who is a preachers daughter and a good soul and would not screw anybody over even if they deserved it. I need all the help I can get to get my money for my bike and cancel that shit.

Comment

Progressive sux balls big time. They are one of the worst companies out there. Anything to save a buck. Even if it means accusing you of fraud to keep from paying you any money. I hate that company and everyone that works there.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Nationwide is the same way....found that out for myself with my wagon and from a few others. Progressive is CRAZY cheap but damn they suck baaalllllzzz right now. I know somebody here has some major helpful advice to give me before I jump back into the ring!!

Comment

How do you think some companies can afford crazy cheap rates? They don't pay out!

I'm careful not to damage my Fit, because my insurance company doesn't know that I drive so much. Technically, I work from home... so my place of work IS my home. However, I drive all over doing inspections. I also drive a shit ton for fun. 55,000 miles on the car since October!

I'll fix anything out of pocket as much as possible. If it ever gets damaged, I hope the ECU and gauge cluster are DONE before anyone looks at it!

Comment

And Shag Wagon, what's that in your sig? Is there something you wish to discuss with me?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  And Shag Wagon, what's that in your sig? Is there something you wish to discuss with me?
                  I was just reading the same thing too
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

call a lawyer
                    threaten to sue the insurance company for slander and emotional stress or what ever else the lawyer can come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                      I fucking hate insurance companies. Ok here it goes. Most of you know my bike was stolen a few weeks ago. Well me and my gf (who is the current policy holder) had to go through a 1 hour interrogation today regarding this whole thing. Well after being in there for an hour the guy tells me he has a hunch I had arranged to have it stolen because I had it up for sale at one time because technically I didnt want it anymore. I wanted to sell it then I changed my mind...so what? They grill us both for an hour trying to get insurance fraud out of us and pretty much got accused of it. They showed up at my old house looking for the bike that wasnt there obviously. They have requested phone records that I cannot access due to the account not being in my name. Im fucking pissed. So number one lesson people...chain your bike to a big ass tree and make sure it doesnt get stolen...or you might get accused of insurance fraud. Does anybody have any pointers or laws to explain to me before I call this guy back and tell him what the deal is? I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!

did they waterboard you?? jk jk lol

progressive sucks!!!!!!!!! NOTE TAKEN

Comment

Yea Im pretty pissed about that shit. I dont know who did it but its pretty *** when you get banned on a internet forum. I would say its worth getting banned over if you put up a virus or done something REAL outrageous but getting banned for saying I have a part if you need it is out of line by a far. The post should have been just deleted and I received a warning and I would have never done that again. I will discuss this later on so back on topic.

I am going to get a lawyer if they tell me they want cell phone records. Thats my personal business who I call and its getting out of line. Like I said I cant access them anyways because its my moms phone... I just havent had it transferred to my name yet. Technically its not my phone and its just a phone to reach me at. If she wont give them up they are fucked on it. Those fuckers can get my old ladys cell phone records all day. She dont talk on the phone and there will probably be 5 phone calls max within three days.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                          Yea Im pretty pissed about that shit. I dont know who did it but its pretty *** when you get banned on a internet forum.
                          Pretty sure deev was implying that he was the one that banned you...

Comment

The rules ARE your warning.

I did it, and as far as I'm concerned, you're insulting me with every post.

You want a warning? Delete your sig. There's your warning. Otherwise, the ban will be permanent. You want to disrespect me in my own house? I won't have that.

Comment

Yo Shag, jus delete your sick and stop being immature bro. I'm a mod and have been banned a couple times. You do the crime, you do the time
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X