When will it stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
    awesome idea with the rivets. but could you generously apply something to the metal to protect it? like dipping every removable part in to whatever it would be.
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure there is something out there that would work. I am going to do some more research on this and then maybe hit up the junk yard and find a cheap fender or something to experiment with.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
      Yea I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure there is something out there that would work. I am going to do some more research on this and then maybe hit up the junk yard and find a cheap fender or something to experiment with.
      sweet. now im excited. I looked around a little bit. i don't see why a latex based clear coat or something wouldn't work. lots of precision in getting every little nook and cranny though. and every flaw would be easily seen all the time.

Comment

http://culturegarage.com/2008/02/19/...of-bare-metal/

looks interesting.......

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          sweet. now im excited. I looked around a little bit. i don't see why a latex based clear coat or something wouldn't work. lots of precision in getting every little nook and cranny though. and every flaw would be easily seen all the time.
          Yea I don't see why it wouldn't work. I just think that the clear coat itself might start to rust the metal underneath over time. I'm going to make a new thread in the appearance section about this because it is kinda off topic in here. Lets discuss it in the new thread!

Link to thread
          Last edited by AbsurdNY; 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

Alright,I just stated when will it stop,its gone to far,I love the "REAL RATRODS"and even the ratrodded hondas minus the rust,but as much money as I/we spend in paint,waxes and other detail products to save our beloved rides(that goes for all vehicle makesand styles) I just cant see why you would intentionally sand all the paint off and just let it rust like that,I'm not bashing,I'm all for being different,but this is just a way to destroy perfectly good vehicles.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
              Alright,I just stated when will it stop,its gone to far,I love the "REAL RATRODS"and even the ratrodded hondas minus the rust,but as much money as I/we spend in paint,waxes and other detail products to save our beloved rides(that goes for all vehicle makesand styles) I just cant see why you would intentionally sand all the paint off and just let it rust like that,I'm not bashing,I'm all for being different,but this is just a way to destroy perfectly good vehicles.
              I definitely agree with you man. Ohh well some people like different things but I just think that this trend is ridiculous.

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                Did you read my post? It's a totaled car... it's not a perfectly good vehicle by any means.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  Ok... the OP is criticizing a particular style... why are we bashing his car directly? He doesn't like something. Big deal. No need to get butthurt about it. If you don't agree, say you don't agree... or don't fucking post. The next person to make this personal will see everyone that I'm referring to here gets banned for a week. The next person to make this personal will be banned permanently.
                  I'm not butthurt. I just thought some explaining might help out. Also a picture of the car as it sat before... per your request.

Comment

imo thats hawt

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Those are some extremely clean body lines for a totaled car. What was totaled about it? Did the bumper fall off or something. I don't see any creases or repairs in any of the sheet metal. If that is a rebuild it was rebuilt with new body panels with the primer removed and then rusted.

If he used a hammer and dolly and straitened out all of the "totaled" body panels to look like that. I'll give him major props for great no filler body work.

But then to go and rust out all that hard work, is a waste in my opinion. I guess it's doing what the creator wanted it to do.... drawing attention. In the end it wouldn't get my vote and it looks nothing like a rat rod to me. It looks like a rusted out poor mans European import [edit] riding on stolen rims[/edit]. But too each his own.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
                        imo thats hawt
                        Agreed.

It would be hard as hell to get it to rust that uniformly over that much space. And the broken off trim? That's just completing the statement.

The outcome may be debatable, but whatever it looks like, it's always good to see people investing time and attention, and not just money, into their cars.

Comment

it actually doesn look that bad. although if i was an east coaster, i'd be kind of offended. everyone on the eastcoast complains about how they have rust and its so damn hard to get rid of it... and these people go and make their car look like that on purpose.

oh well...

Comment

You can see in this picture and some of the others the deformed a pillar and the busted windshield. Like I said I dont' know the full story other than it's totaled.

If it wasn't rust people wouldn't complain, they'd think it looked cool. but since it's "destroying" something people get upset. I fall into that category as well.

Comment

Another image of the car before it was completely rusted out. I got to talk to the owner of the car about the rusted out trend. He said that it was just something different. Everyone's already seen a ton of really nice, really clean cars. He wanted to go a route that many people hadn't before, hence the full on rust job. I asked him why he would completely rust out the car and he said that the car wasn't perfect to begin with. Instead of spending a ton of money to get it to tip top shape he would rock the boat and save a little money by rusting it out.

Bottom line, it was what he wanted to do. He didn't care if anyone else thought it looked cool or if they hated it.

That's awesome in my book, do what you want and don't let other people's opinions sway you in the least. To be honest, I would never do that to a car as it's just not my style. However, I can understand why someone would want to do it.

I feel the same way about the style of car you drive doughboy415. I'd certainly never do that to any car of mine, but I completely understand why you would want to do it. In fact, I applaud you for building your car the way you want to and not according to what others think you should do.

You can say that you don't like a certain trend, but you can't say that a person is wrong for wanting to do something like that. It's their money, their car, their opinion of what to do with it.

Imagine how maddening it would be to go on a BMW forum and see a thread entitled "When will it stop" and open it up to see a link to your car and "The show car thing is going too far now"

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I respect others opinions on this but me being I'm from the East Coast like stated before think this is the dumbest thing you could do to a car what's next a burnt look. Ohhh ..... wait let me set my cb7 on fire and drop it on nice rims and be a pioneer what a joke!

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

Working...
                                X