• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, im a huge fan of zero/fallen
    thats all i rode was zero boards when i skated so thats the style i like

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      NBA(I'll make this short and sweet)
      Kobe Bryantg over lebron James anyday...no explanation needed.
      Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      nba - m. jordan

Kobe's better overall, but I think this season LeBron proved he's got it no question. (i'm a little biased tho since i wanna see the city of Cleveland finally win some sort of championship, they haven't seen gold since 1964...)

But as far as in history, I'd gotta go Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt was a monster in his time.

*And I gotta say that Bo Jackson should be on that list too...had injury not cut his career short, he would have been epic in 2 sports.
      "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
      Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
      20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
      BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

I have to give it to Michael Phelps. I am a swimmer myself so I am partial to most swimmers. I think anyone that plays a sport will follow the top athletes of that sport.

Comparing someone like Michael Phelps to Michael Jordan is hard. Basketball is obviously more mainstream than swimming. It's hard to say that Michael Phelps is an athletic great because swimming can only be viewed and judged every 4 years, where-as basketball is an annual event. In the same way that Jordan inspired people with basketball, Phelps has created the most stir in mainstream media than any swimmer since Mark Spitz (1970's).

Achieving 8 Gold medals in a single Olympiad is one of the greatest achievements in sports history.

Here are some of the excuses I have read and heard:

1. Swimming is an easy sport:
        A: I challenge anyone to swim a 10×200 meters butterfly repeated without breaking stroke and taking no longer than 30 seconds rest. When you are done then write/talk again about how easy swimming is.

2. Not a lot of people swim competitively so it easier to be the best:
        A: More people compete in swimming in the world than other sports that are very popular in America. Across the globe swimming is bigger than football, baseball and hockey by a long shoot. By these standards (most people participating in the sport) then Tiger Woods would not make it into the top 500 athletes and soccer players will have the top 50 spots reserved.

3. He is not a multisport athlete like Jim Thorpe, Bo Jackson and Michael Jordan:
        A: Swimming strokes are very different from each other and different distances require training in different energy systems. When you are a baseball player you can crosstrain playing football or basketball. You can also be a track athlete and that will translate to almost any team sport in land. Swimming is performed in a different environment and while there are things you can do outside the pool to enhance performance, nothing translates to swimming. You cab be a great basketball, baseball, soccer or football player and drown in the pool. Michael Phelps is and unprecedented multi talented aquatic athlete. By the way, how did Jordan do on his MLB career?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
          oh and Tennis: Pete Sampras
          No disrespect to Sampras, but Rodger Federer is right there with him.

But the Sampras/Agassi matches were much more epic than any Federer/Nadal match, IMO.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Pokemon= Ash. He is the BEST at what he does because he beat charizard with pikachu.

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
            I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
              Pokemon= Ash. He is the BEST at what he does because he beat charizard with pikachu.
              yea, but charizard was flying...how bout pikachu beating onix!!!
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

NFL: LaDanian Tomlinson.

That guy broke soo many records as a running back. too bad he hasnt won a superbowl yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  baseball - r. johnson
                  Wow really? I will have to go with Babe Ruth

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                  Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                  My member's ride

Comment

Diego Maradona - Soccer

Lance Armstrong - Biking
                    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post

That guy broke soo many records as a running back. too bad he hasnt won a superbowl yet.
                      06-07 season was huge fun watching him play!
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                        LT is def. a badass! no doubt, and has a place with all the legends... such as Barry Sanders!
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

LT is def. a badass! no doubt, and has a place with all the legends... such as Barry Sanders!
                          yet a very humble guy. he wins my vote anyday. i want him to retire with a san diego superbowl ring damn it!!!

Comment

Barry Sanders retired after breaking a record. If he had stayed in the game, maybe, but he cut his career short.

I'd have to say Earl Campbell is one of the greats. You can't say there is ONE end all player in ANY sport. There are too many good players out there.

Baseball....I'm partial to the Astros, but I'd have to say right now Albert Pujols. In the past...definitely Nolan Ryan.

Tennis...I'd have to say Nadal now and Agassi earlier. Agassis would have done a lot better had he not been such a rebel in tennis. He would have made short work Sampras if he had his head in the right place.
                            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                            X