motorcycle engine in a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorcycle engine in a car

how come nobody puts motorcycle engines into cars?

i think it would be pretty wild! think about all the weight you would save lol it would probably need to be boosted but that isn't hard to do.

I wanna put a Busa TT in a smart car.
    Its one of those things on my list.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
    Bought from: ChampCoupe
    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

thay but a hybusa motor in a smart car and it was wiked fast beat up on freaises and shit. but to but in are car i thank it just about what will get u the most bang for the buck.

The Race Car

Comment

I want to put a sportbike motor in an old Honda 600.

You'd need a pretty lightweight car. A bike motor in a regular sized car wouldn't be good. You could make it powerful enough, I'm sure... but a small bike motor in a heavy car would have to work mighty hard. It would probably wear out quickly.

Granted, there are some bike motors that are car-sized. I believe the Honda Valkyrie Rune has a 1.4L.

Comment

I've heard things about motorcycle motors used in K-1 Attacks.
          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen View Post
            I've heard things about motorcycle motors used in K-1 Attacks.
            How much do they weigh? I know they're based on the CB (well, the cheaper versions are... they do have original builds as well)

What about a motorcycle engine in an Atom...

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
              I wanna put a Busa TT in a smart car.
              Its one of those things on my list.
              I've seen one of those before. He was drifting every corner and driving it like a go kart.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              I got the chance to see the 600 with the bike motor at a car show. It is definitely unique.

I remember one track event I attended I saw a geo metro getting towed in with cardboard vents and splitters. Later that morning when the advanced group was going out for their first session one of the first cars I saw was that geo metro. Every time it was on the straight it sounded just like a sport bike. When he finally came in after his session he popped the hood to show everyone it was a CBR600 powered geo metro.

Comment

how about a Busa TT motor into a Ariel Atom style body.

Comment

The fabbing required to mount the motor/tranny...seems like that'd be pretty insane to try.

Plus those engines aren't rated as high of hp

from wiki
                  Originally posted by wikipedia
                  1999-2007 1299 cc (79 cu in) Bore Stroke 81.0 x 63.0 mm 11:1
                  Power 171.1 hp (128 kW) Torque 93.4 lb·ft (127 N·m) @ 6750 rpm

2008-2009 1340 cc (82 cu in) Bore Storke 81.0 x 65.0 mm 12.5:1
                  Power 197 hp (147 kW) 102.3 lb·ft (139 N·m)
                  Don't get me wrong...one kick ass engine, that much power out of only 1.2 and 1.3 liters!!! HOLY HELL...NASTY on a bike...not so great in a car. The newest engine is going to be nice but in a car the torque is too low.

Considering the power and torque and the difficulty of mounting...I don't see this as being worth it...even if it were a direct swap, the cost of the engine vs a more powerful and torqy h22/h23...I don't see how it would be a good idea really
                  ____

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4HdsDZX6c

smart car with hayabusa engine
                    Originally posted by chessboxer
                    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

^^ That's bad ^^
                        Originally posted by chessboxer
                        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Ok yeah... that's just sick!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

You'd need a pretty lightweight car. A bike motor in a regular sized car wouldn't be good. You could make it powerful enough, I'm sure... but a small bike motor in a heavy car would have to work mighty hard. It would probably wear out quickly.

Granted, there are some bike motors that are car-sized. I believe the Honda Valkyrie Rune has a 1.4L.
                            true, the car would have to be relatively light
                            I can picture a bike engine in a base model CRX or EF hatch, that would make it even lighter

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                            The fabbing required to mount the motor/tranny...seems like that'd be pretty insane to try.

Plus those engines aren't rated as high of hp

from wiki

Don't get me wrong...one kick ass engine, that much power out of only 1.2 and 1.3 liters!!! HOLY HELL...NASTY on a bike...not so great in a car. The newest engine is going to be nice but in a car the torque is too low.

Considering the power and torque and the difficulty of mounting...I don't see this as being worth it...even if it were a direct swap, the cost of the engine vs a more powerful and torqy h22/h23...I don't see how it would be a good idea really
                            Yea it would be pretty insane lol that is why I like the idea
                            It would have to be something lighter than a CB. Although I think it would be cool in a CB too as long as it was boosted, it would still be fun even if it was like 175tq and 350hp.

I honestly never worked on bikes and cannot picture in my head how the axles and the shifter would work but apparently it is possible judging by those videos on youtube.

It would just be super wild. Imagine a CB flying past you shifting at 12000rpm lol you would lose at least 200lbs just by switching to a bike motor, imagine the gas mileage you would get too lol I wonder if something like this would pass inspection HAHA

Comment

You'd need a pretty big bike motor. And honestly, our aluminum engines aren't all that heavy. I've lifted an A20A (iron block) by myself, and I'm not all that strong at all. I don't know if it'd be 200lbs savings... but it'd be something.

As for the axles and linkage, it would have to be custom... but I'm sure an adapter plate of some sort could be made to use a standard car transmission. I would also imagine that bike gearing would be terrible on a car.

Comment

Working...
                              X