Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car

Yesterday my girlfriends older sister crashed her 92 93 LX 5spd.

This morning her husband goes to jail and she has a $300 PG&E bill.

I offered to buy the car and they told me $300, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it since I'm wanting a 5spd swap and I'm also helping my girlfriends sister..

The car still drives the front is just a little banged up..

Here's some pictures.

What do you guys think?

I'd go for it, in a heart beat. Even if you decide to just use it for the swap, that right there is worth the 300 you paid for it. Plus you could part it out and get a shit load of money back.

I'd do it!

Comment

id get it, you could probably make your $300 back even after taking all the 5spd parts
      FA1

Comment

300 alone is just for the tranny and some of the 5spd parts, so you're geting a nice parts car for free!

Comment

i could use a set of tail lights....

Comment

I would buy so i could get the rest of my 5sp parts even tho I dont need much.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I bought the car and went to the DMV they gave me papers for a "junk title"

If i did that and later decided to fix that car up would I be able to get it back to a regular title?

I drove it around the block, Aside from it being a little wonkey it drove fine. Transmission seemed fine.

180k.. Almost 100 less then my 91

From what you guys see how hard would it be to repair the front of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Whutface View Post
                I bought the car and went to the DMV they gave me papers for a "junk title"

If i did that and later decided to fix that car up would I be able to get it back to a regular title?

I drove it around the block, Aside from it being a little wonkey it drove fine. Transmission seemed fine.

180k.. Almost 100 less then my 91

From what you guys see how hard would it be to repair the front of that one.
                New bumper, hood, fenders, radiator support, headlights, windshield squirts bottle, and grille. If it has fram damage things might be a little harder.
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I was in the almost identical wreck. Yes it can be fixed but its gonna need a little love... and a crowbar.
                  -Will

Comment

if that's an NS cluster, i'll like to get ahold of it if the mileage is ~135k miles.

someone always grabs all the clusters out of my PnP.

Comment

If you repair it and get it inspected (lights and brakes, I believe), you can get a salvage title on it. With that you can register and drive it, but I don't think you can get full coverage insurance with a salvage title. And it's not worth blue book value. Maybe not worth mentioning, but those are the drawbacks that I know of.
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

That binding of the metal in the right hand side of the car is enough to call it a total. I think it would be best to use it as its initial intended purpose, a parts car.

Can't go wrong for 300.

Comment

I started taking off the bumper, Fender, Headlight and whatever.

It not looking good

Is that even repairable?

At least the passenger side is good looking

Comment

i've seen worse fixed up to look like new
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                              i've seen worse fixed up to look like new
                              Me too but wouldn't I have to cut that out an weld in a new piece from another car?

Comment

Working...
                              X