tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomorrow...

is my last day of college (undergrad). i'm graduating on the 18th. it hasn't hit me yet.

i came onto campus tonight work on my last assignment, which is due tomorrow at 1pm. i guess in a sense, i came in to savor the moment. i don't have to be here. just wanted to spend one last night on campus, reflecting on all the sleepless nights i've spent here in the studio.

the end.

anyway, congrats to whoever else is in the class of '09.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

thats good shit !

Comment

class of 09...woot

What is your major?

Comment

Congrats man!

I didn't go away to college. I took 6.5 years to get through undergrad, picked up an Associates along the way (went back a year and a half after I earned it to actually get it... just walked in, asked for it, and they pulled it unceremoniously out of a file cabinet... )
        I bought my house in my last year. To me, college was just something I did. Something to keep me busy. Studying and deadlines were only important JUST before they needed to be. I need to go back to grad school, though... I don't think I'll be able to sleep through grad school and graduate with honors like I did undergrad!

But anyway, congrats. I have a few friends feeling the same thing you feel now... it's sad, when you spend so much time and effort at a place, to have to move on. It's usually not as much of a social split as high school was... but the college becomes much more of an intimate part of you. When you live there, you ARE there. It's home AND school, not just school. Every campus is a little microcosm... a little world in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
          class of 09...woot

What is your major?
          animation with a minor in interaction design!

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Congrats man!

I didn't go away to college. I took 6.5 years to get through undergrad, picked up an Associates along the way (went back a year and a half after I earned it to actually get it... just walked in, asked for it, and they pulled it unceremoniously out of a file cabinet... )
          I bought my house in my last year. To me, college was just something I did. Something to keep me busy. Studying and deadlines were only important JUST before they needed to be. I need to go back to grad school, though... I don't think I'll be able to sleep through grad school and graduate with honors like I did undergrad!

But anyway, congrats. I have a few friends feeling the same thing you feel now... it's sad, when you spend so much time and effort at a place, to have to move on. It's usually not as much of a social split as high school was... but the college becomes much more of an intimate part of you. When you live there, you ARE there. It's home AND school, not just school. Every campus is a little microcosm... a little world in itself.
          haha. definitely true, deev.

what are you going to pursue in grad school? i'm going to take a couple years off before i go back. i'm thinking i'll do a masters in teaching art education, and keep that as a back-up.

but... i was recently offered a job at an animation studio! i feel so privileged to have something straight out of school.

thanks for the kind words, everybody
          congrats to everyone else graduating this year!
          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I'll buy you a beer (if you drink). Been there...years ago.

A few Counties from you...
            RETIRED...

Comment

nice what did you study?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

good thing i never had to deal with graduating.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i start college next year

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                  -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

CONGRATS my friend and dont look back!

Comment

class of '09 woot woot. BS in Mechanical Engineering over here.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Tomorrow......Im getting fucking hammered at my sisters jack and jill

But congrats....I would be graduating this year had I stuck it out with my first attempt at college.....It kinda sucks cuz I still talk to my old friends I met there and they are all pumped for the same reasons as you.....and I know I could be right there with them.....but school was never for me....I found my chosen career and luckily it doesnt require a post secondary education.....I just gotta wait for the economy to pick back up so I get called back.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
                        X