X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
    You DONT BUY A PS3 FOR JUST GAMES.

DAMMIT

How about this, If you answer YES to any of the following, DONT waste your money on a PS3.

IF you're going to play mostly video games
    IF you have a Regular ol' CRT TV and plan on using the yellow/white/red inputs.
    Aren't going to use the console for multimedia purposes, (music, movies, pictures, etc etc)

Then the PS3 is too much for what you need. If you just want to play games. get a wii. 360 is not worth in imo. Its rediculous how Microsft charges you for every fucking thing. Wanna play via wifi? You gotta buy that, and this, and that, and another one of those.

Online gaming is a right, not a privilege. It shouldnt cost a damn thing.

ITS EVEN FREE ON THE DAMN WII!!
    I agree with most things that you said.....but really it can go both ways.....if you have a regular tv you shouldnt get a 360 either cuz its not like it will be utilized.....you can stream music (and i think movies and pictures ive never tried) from your pc to your 360 without having to take up any room on your 360s hard-drive via windows media center....which is awesome even if you can do it on both consoles

But theres a reason its worth paying for xbox live.....its WAY better than PSN.....I gladly pay a whopping 60 dollars (note sarcasm) a year for unlimited online gameplay and get a better online experience......for everyone bashing on paying for xbox live vs. free PSN have you actually done both?.....I have and from first hand experience PSN doesnt come anywhere close to xbox live.

Honestly the only thing the PS3 has on the 360 is blu ray and wifi.....but wifi is a moot point cuz its not hard to run a cable.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
      I heard that KillZone2 utilizes 1080p and that it looks phucking phenomenal. Any one ever play it?
      it looks awsome I have it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Ask any gamer, any real gamer. It doesn't matter if buy a wii or an xbox. PS3 is where its at.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 (elite)

Well if we are talking about consoles then here is my opinion.

If you are a true electronics, computer, open source (Linux), data analysis, graphics analysis, graphics processing and pretty much anything other then just player you NEED the PS3.

I like the xbox 360, most of my friends have them and they are fine I have no problem with them (except they are made by microsoft)

I do not know how many of you use your ps3's for additional purposes such as running linux and doing graphics and other processing, but even if you don't you should realize that the ps3 is Amazing.

You cannot (without massive modification) run another operating system on the xbox, nor can you use it for the vast amount of things the ps3 can accomplish.

I have read many stories about people modifying banks of ps3's to accomplish things far beyond the capabilities of multi thousand dollar clusters.

If you are wondering about why ps3 does not have games for it, that is the exact same reason why there is no major competitor for windows. Microsoft pays other companies to not make games/software for them. So by buying microsoft products you are giving them the power to own the gaming market, not by producing a better product and better games, but by giving them the money to pay for no one to make games/software for ps3/wii/whatever else.

Honestly, the ps3 and xbox 360 will be the last true "gaming" console sold, the rest will just be very specific gaming computers.

Besides this the limits of the xbox 360 have almost been met, and the number of individuals out there upgrading them is minimal. Why? because the ones that can modify are working on the ps3.

People are already supplementing memory with flash and solid state drivers, decoding and gaining access to all of it's 8 cores to make it a viable power pc in Linux, linking them together to create supercomputers, and the true graphics capabilities have barely scratched the surface! The reason why most of the current games look better on xbox is that they were built for the xbox and ported over to the ps3. When the limit of the xbox is met and people better understand the structure of the ps3 they will begin to make games that will blow your mind, the hope is that polyphony digital will do this with the new gt5 game that has been delayed longer then it takes most games to be made.

With all of that said, microsoft makes a solid product that is cheaper and usually more viable for people who do not push the limits of their systems.

Sorry for the rant!

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
            I agree with most things that you said.....but really it can go both ways.....if you have a regular tv you shouldnt get a 360 either cuz its not like it will be utilized.....you can stream music (and i think movies and pictures ive never tried) from your pc to your 360 without having to take up any room on your 360s hard-drive via windows media center....which is awesome even if you can do it on both consoles

But theres a reason its worth paying for xbox live.....its WAY better than PSN.....I gladly pay a whopping 60 dollars (note sarcasm) a year for unlimited online gameplay and get a better online experience......for everyone bashing on paying for xbox live vs. free PSN have you actually done both?.....I have and from first hand experience PSN doesnt come anywhere close to xbox live.

Honestly the only thing the PS3 has on the 360 is blu ray and wifi.....but wifi is a moot point cuz its not hard to run a cable.
            as i stated before lol. and you can use tversity with the xbox. shit the xbox can even be hacked to copy and play online games(firmware hack). not really good for microsoft but sucks for them lol.

btw whenever sony PS comes up with anything original let me know. they have always ripped off of other companies, ie: SEGA!!!!. granted so did microsoft but they at least added their little twist to it.

and yea killzone2 looks great (ps3 running with an hdmi cable to a 40" sony bravia 1080p 120hz lcd).

and for people who run to "utilize" their ps3 to do this and that...thats why people buy computers!!!!!!!!!! these consoles are meant for gaming. get that straight

and since i like to stir stuff up........... dreamcast > xbox 360> ps3 > DS > PSP(its just a smaller ps2 with hacks...whooptie doo -_-) > wii

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
              as i stated before lol. and you can use tversity with the xbox. shit the xbox can even be hacked to copy and play online games(firmware hack). not really good for microsoft but sucks for them lol.

btw whenever sony PS comes up with anything original let me know. they have always ripped off of other companies, ie: SEGA!!!!. granted so did microsoft but they at least added their little twist to it.

and yea killzone2 looks great (ps3 running with an hdmi cable to a 40" sony bravia 1080p 120hz lcd).

and for people who run to "utilize" their ps3 to do this and that...thats why people buy computers!!!!!!!!!! these consoles are meant for gaming. get that straight

and since i like to stir stuff up........... dreamcast > xbox 360> ps3 > DS > PSP(its just a smaller ps2 with hacks...whooptie doo -_-) > wii
              You are a narrow minded little person.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

WOW, that statement takes me back, I don't know what you mean by ripped off SEGA, but I am assuming that you meant with running disks instead of cartages. If this is the case, then you should know that sega ripped of panasonic who was the first company to release a disk based system.

And for letting you know when sony comes up with something "original" I might ask you what blue ray is. I would also like to let you know that Sony is not only a marketing genius, but also a developing one.

If you back at the release of most of their major systems ps, ps2, ps3 they all happen at very specific times. the ps was released when cd players and mp3's were new so sony included it and sold it for a fairly cheap price, when the ps2 was released dvd was extremely new, infact the cheapest dvd player you could buy at that time was the ps2, and when blue ray was new guess what the cheapest way to play them was on a ps3.

Another form of being original would be the first major system to be released in power pc style and to offer the ability to install other operating systems, how about free online game play on a console (not sure if dreamcast had that or not). It is also the first system to offer the ability to do real-time rendering, and it is the most powerful of the major consoles released. It had n-vidia make a graphics card specifically designed for it.

Again not quite sure what you are trying to say about sony, but if you are so hung up on them then please take a moment to look at microsoft before saying people are stealing ideas from others.

A great example, look at the options available on Ubuntu feisty fawn and then look at vista and tell me they didn't steal almost every "cool" idea form open source FREE software.

EDIT: oh and if you are wanting to play xbox, ps2 games on a ps3 then just go online using whatever operating system you chose to install and download an emulator for them from your favorite bittorent site and install the emulator then download whatever games you want and play them, while your at it update your system and check your favorite forum like I am doing right now... oh and don't pay for any of it... (or put the ps2 game in the ps3 lol)
                Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 05-05-2009, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Wrong, if you read my post you would know that the ps3 is ridiculously powerful and far cheaper then the majority of gaming computers.

Supercomputer ps3 bank

Sorry, again I just don't think that because some people choose to only look at it as a platform to put a disk in and press some buttons to enjoy themselves that it should be reduced to that. Just as I feel that it is unfair to say that hondas are just grocery getters. Yes most of them start out that way, but with a little love and the right owner they can be soooo much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                    WOW, that statement takes me back, I don't know what you mean by ripped off SEGA, but I am assuming that you meant with running disks instead of cartages. If this is the case, then you should know that sega ripped of panasonic who was the first company to release a disk based system.

And for letting you know when sony comes up with something "original" I might ask you what blue ray is. I would also like to let you know that Sony is not only a marketing genius, but also a developing one.

If you back at the release of most of their major systems ps, ps2, ps3 they all happen at very specific times. the ps was released when cd players and mp3's were new so sony included it and sold it for a fairly cheap price, when the ps2 was released dvd was extremely new, infact the cheapest dvd player you could buy at that time was the ps2, and when blue ray was new guess what the cheapest way to play them was on a ps3.

Another form of being original would be the first major system to be released in power pc style and to offer the ability to install other operating systems, how about free online game play on a console (not sure if dreamcast had that or not). It is also the first system to offer the ability to do real-time rendering, and it is the most powerful of the major consoles released. It had n-vidia make a graphics card specifically designed for it.

Again not quite sure what you are trying to say about sony, but if you are so hung up on them then please take a moment to look at microsoft before saying people are stealing ideas from others.

A great example, look at the options available on Ubuntu feisty fawn and then look at vista and tell me they didn't steal almost every "cool" idea form open source FREE software.

EDIT: oh and if you are wanting to play xbox, ps2 games on a ps3 then just go online using whatever operating system you chose to install and download an emulator for them from your favorite bittorent site and install the emulator then download whatever games you want and play them, while your at it update your system and check your favorite forum like I am doing right now... oh and don't pay for any of it... (or put the ps2 game in the ps3 lol)
                    sega was the first to utilize the cd into a gaming console(sega cd and saturn. PS came out a year after the saturn). they also started internet and online gaming(dreamcast. ps2 came out a year after). their control was even ripped by xbox lol. PS usually got ahead due hyped up graphics and the ability to play dvds(blu ray fo the ps3).

just because the ps3 has more power does not make it a better system. the power it has has only been pushed to its limits in a few games. lets see here, download a game, browse internet, do this and that...my wii can do that and its the weakest console on the market. Its called homebrew AND the wii has free internet. shit, my ipod can do all that too. thats all playstation white knighters always say....we have power and free internetz. So does the fucking Wii.

regardless of power and what a system can do outside of what it is originally supposed to do, the xbox IS better. being weaker than the ps3, it can still perform up to par with one. and that is fact that cannot be denied. xbox has shitty software while the ps3 has shitty hardware. xbox may have the RRoD but the playstation folk have the yellow light of doom AND the oh so common lens problem($150 to fix btw). both have flaws you see!

like i said, first person shooters are for the xbox hands down. racing games and fighters are for the playstation. the wii is for all around fun.

my ps3 is played every now and then for ps3 games only, xbox is played for FPS(cod, bad company + less hackers/glitchers), the wii just collects dust.

i do want apple to release a gaming console though. im shocked they havent lulz
                    Last edited by Law Grandeur; 05-05-2009, 04:51 AM.

no
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

this shit is like crips and bloods...

Comment

sega was the first to utilize the cd into a gaming console
                        Correction it was NEC who first made the Turbographix-16 CD-Drive .. aka PC-Engine.. aka TG-CD
                        Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                        Hell yeh, I rep PS3 in the living room. .. 360 in the common room.. and Wii in my bedroom .. territory bitches!

my 2cents.

xbox:
                        +: Online gaming is superior, xbox's profile interface becomes very useful in storing individual's "saves." games also make good use of implementing those profiles within the games.
                        -: XboX Controllers suck! Console is pretty loud.

Ps3:
                        +: Ps3 controllers rock. Ps3 home is free, and pretty entertaining. Downloading BlueRay=awesome. Downloading games off the ps3 store is real easy and fun to play against people online.
                        -: If anything goes wrong with ur ps3 after 90' days of purchase, and no extended warranty .. it's an automatic minimum $150 to get it fixed.

Wii:
                        +: great to be played sober or drunk, Def. party system. Mii's = awesome! downloaded online games = awesome too!! retro downloadable nintendo/sega/tg-16/superninteno/neo-geo games FTW!
                        -: Nunchucks not included.. and cost 15 bucks each ..3x15 (cus 1stnunchuck in included in console package) = $$$45. online is slow.

-===--=--=

::yawn:: i'm sleeeeepy.. lol
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                          Great Sig! lol
                          Edit: you cant say either controller is better because of preference, n u can downloads hd movies and games on the xbox

Originally posted by zack_odom
                          Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                            Correction it was NEC who first made the Turbographix-16 CD-Drive .. aka PC-Engine.. aka TG-CD

Hell yeh, I rep PS3 in the living room. .. 360 in the common room.. and Wii in my bedroom .. territory bitches!

my 2cents.

xbox:
                            +: Online gaming is superior, xbox's profile interface becomes very useful in storing individual's "saves." games also make good use of implementing those profiles within the games.
                            -: XboX Controllers suck! Console is pretty loud.

Ps3:
                            +: Ps3 controllers rock. Ps3 home is free, and pretty entertaining. Downloading BlueRay=awesome. Downloading games off the ps3 store is real easy and fun to play against people online.
                            -: If anything goes wrong with ur ps3 after 90' days of purchase, and no extended warranty .. it's an automatic minimum $150 to get it fixed.

Wii:
                            +: great to be played sober or drunk, Def. party system. Mii's = awesome! downloaded online games = awesome too!! retro downloadable nintendo/sega/tg-16/superninteno/neo-geo games FTW!
                            -: Nunchucks not included.. and cost 15 bucks each ..3x15 (cus 1stnunchuck in included in console package) = $$$45. online is slow.

-===--=--=

::yawn:: i'm sleeeeepy.. lol
                            the PC Engine Console had an optional cd drive. but they were first nonetheless so you are right. NEC also was why dreamcast went down hill. damn them!

no
                            $30 HID kits here Thread

Comment

Wow guys thanks alot.

Ghost i took what you sayd and it is goin in my sig.:P
                              My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

Originally posted by i<3mycb7coupe View Post
                                Great Sig! lol
                                n u can downloads hd movies and games on the xbox
                                and the ps3

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread
                                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                                X