Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants to see me shave my head?

Ok, here's the deal.

My band has been asked to play a show to benefit cancer research. However, the woman running the show seems like she's fairly new at doing such things... and I'm SURE that the show hasn't been very well advertised! She means well, but still... We had a meeting the other day with her, to which half of the bands didn't bother coming to. That means they aren't taking it very seriously either! The show is also in the middle of nowhere...

That being said, the cause is good, and I hate to see the whole thing go down with little money raised! So, as usual when I have some sort of charity thing to do... I'm coming to my CB7 family

Anything you guys can give would be awesome. I'll be taking donations for the show until 5pm EST tomorrow, then I will go to the bank and withdraw that amount from my checking account. I'm hoping to raise at least $200 by tomorrow (so if 20 of you toss $10 my way, we're there!)

In fact, if I can wring $200 from you guys by the end of tonight, I'll shave my head and post pictures...

It might help if I posted my paypal address, huh?

Please send all donations to deevergote@comcast.net

Be sure to say who you are (your screen name on the site), and I'll make you a Contributing Member. As far as I'm concerned, supporting any charity that I involve this site in is supporting this site.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    In fact, if I can wring $200 from you guys by the end of tonight, I'll shave my head and post pictures...
    Red mohawk, or no deal.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

If I didn't have to work tomorrow before the show, I totally would.

Comment

If I had any money to spare I would! What instrument do you play in the band?

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
        "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

I play bass... and I guess I sing, too. If that's what you want to call it.

Comment

Nice! haha
            How long have you been playing bass? What kind of music is it?
            I play drums and guitar/bass but I'm in a band playing drums right now

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

We're a punk band. More of the early 90s variety than the crap that's out today.

Our biggest influences are the Lawrence Arms, Alkaline Trio, The Get Up Kids, Jawbreaker (yeah, I realize this is the only early 90s band in the list...) and a few others...

www.myspace.com/theparkway

Comment

Can I get a strip tease? I got a dub
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

That's pretty cool! That's better than having a "alternative rock" band. lol
                  I will listen to more of your guys stuff later. I like the layout and band member pics.
                  How long have you guys been a band?
                  My band's myspace is myspace.com/tcoametal
                  Last edited by Hondalover; 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM. Reason: oops n instead of m

Comment

chipped in.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
                      That's pretty cool! That's better than having a "alternative rock" band. lol
                      I will listen to more of your guys stuff later. I like the layout and band member pics.
                      How long have you guys been a band?
                      My band's myspace is myspace.com/tcoametal
                      Nice! You guys have an oldschool sound. I haven't heard stuff like that in years!

We've been a band for about a year and a half. All the recordings are as a 3 piece, but we added the Brad and Matt on guitar in January. So now we have 3 guitars, and the stuff we're writing is awesome. We're more about being involved in the scene, making friends, and helping out good causes (charity events, supporting local music, and strengthening the local scene) than we are about getting signed and making money. Other bands bitch about not getting paid, or not having anyone come out to watch them... We'll play for free, and if we made one fan that night, we consider it a success! Our worst show ever got us one genuine fan... some girl that just stood in the back, but absolutely loved us. That makes it all worth it!

Comment

We try to keep it cool!

That's awesome! I hate bands that are more worried about getting paid than they are about actually playing and having fun. We aren't in it to get signed either. We just wanna have fun. We need bands like you guys around here!

Comment

im going to chip in deev. so hold on im going to send it now
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Deev you got a link to your band? I've actually started getting more into punk these days...

Hondalover where you guys from I might be able to hook ya up with a show if you're fairly close to middle tn

Comment

I say you do the shaved head, and how about ya lip sync to some Crank Dat by Soldier Boy!

Oh yeah, and we'll need a video of that as well

Comment

Working...
                              X