windows 7 RC is the shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 7 RC is the shit

Really, it is so amazing, Vista sucks, 100% But its more advanced than Vista, and its alot leaner on the RAM eating. I Got a great version off of Demonoid... i have invites if someone really wants one.

The release candidate just came out so im sure nobody has it installed yet, but its freaking sweet.
    ]

What is Windows 7 RC?

Nevermind, I want it. I need a new OS. What are the minimum requirements for it?
    Last edited by Julianachos; 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

RC stands for Release Candidate

This is a possible rough draft of the upcoming version of windows.

Google Windows 7 system requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
        RC stands for Release Candidate

This is a possible rough draft of the upcoming version of windows.

Google Windows 7 system requirements
        Where can I get it? Is there a full version, or still beta?

Comment

I hear Windows 7 is pretty kick ass

I'll stick with Ubuntu for now, but may consider a new Windows OS in the future depending on the success of 7!!
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
            Where can I get it? Is there a full version, or still beta?
            Still beta, hence the term "candidate"

you can either torrent it, or get it for free from microshaft after creating a MSDN account.

comes with a license good for about 3 months, I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
              The release candidate just came out so im sure nobody has it installed yet, but its freaking sweet.
              LOL.

So not true.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                LOL.

So not true.
                ya, 7's been out since January

ZILLIONS of nerds have had it installed for months now :P

Comment

lol I would if I had a PC that would run it :P I've heard it's not THAT different from vista, however. Improvements in some areas but... is that really that hard? :P I hear it's still a resource hog.
                  My Car
                  FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
                    ya, 7's been out since January

ZILLIONS of nerds have had it installed for months now :P
                    Huh... Human population is what, near 7 billion?... So you're saying that Microsoft has the majority of the market on other populated planets too eh?
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Actually yes. They're in the process of creating another galaxy. It's called BSOD Beta.

Actually, I hate Windows 7. Only because it wouldn't take drivers for my board. Doh. Other than that, it seemed promising.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                        lol I would if I had a PC that would run it :P I've heard it's not THAT different from vista, however. Improvements in some areas but... is that really that hard? :P I hear it's still a resource hog.
                        If you use a PC as a HTPC, Windows 7 is a vast improvement, IMO. For one thing, it recognizes and knows how to deal with multiple HD tuners; Vista can't do that.

Comment

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate build 7100 on an Acer Aspire One 8.9" Netbook.

I gotta say, this is really nice! It's got all the visual bonuses of Vista (and then some) and it seems to be very quick! Actually, it even seems a wee faster than XP.

Windows Paint, Wordpad, and nearly everything else that usually comes with windows has been upgraded. Paint is MUCH easier to use, and Wordpad is more like a slimmed down Office now. Much better.

here's some screenies of the OS:

Comment

I want this! link me y0 any issues with the install? no bugs or anything??

Comment

pretty much zero bugs, so far

I cannot "link" you though. It's against cb7t policy.

if you know how to torrent, you should be able to get this with no issues. if you are familiar with torrents, i can offer a demonoid invite.

Comment

Working...
                              X