Things that annoy me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that annoy me

First off, this list was created from the simple fact that I realized I was complaining about a lot of things. I decided that instead of vocalizing these negatives to everyone around me and being a party pooper that I would save them for writing. Those of you that know me from the site or actually meeting at meets know that I'm pretty laid back. Don't want everyone to think I'm a wussy who can't handle the real world. Some of them will be very specific and not many people will be able to relate, but hopefully, some of you will be able to relate to the more general ones. I'll try and post a new one up every day or two.

One last thing, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use this thread to add in your own complaints. You can agree or disagree with the things I bring up and relate to them, I just don't want this to become some mess of complaints by everyone. With that in mind, let's begin with

1. Microsoft Office 2007

This software package annoys to no ends because of it’s sheer uselessness. Honestly, Microsoft had actually done well and delivered a hit with Office 2003. But, just like everyone else, they just had to create some update that would “revolutionize” the world with some hoity-toity interface and stupid features such as automatically returning two lines when you hit enter. Honestly, I don’t want it to do that and I’m willing to bet that’s just one of the features that makes the new Office so downright annoying. And oh yeah, Excel? Just try and find some of the great features that 2003 had in 2007. Oh, they’re there, but they are buried under tab after oversimplified tab. Don’t forget about the fact that you have to save it in the right format for it to work one way or the other. Here’s a wild idea Microsoft, why don’t you just use one freaking format. I mean, honestly, it’s absolutely ridiculous. Oh yeah, every class at just about every university is still asking for papers, excel workbooks, and powerpoint presentations in 2003 format. Good job Microcrap.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Oh shit! that's hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post

1. Microsoft Office 2007[/B][/SIZE]

This software package annoys to no ends because of it’s sheer uselessness. Honestly, Microsoft had actually done well and delivered a hit with Office 2003. But, just like everyone else, they just had to create some update that would “revolutionize” the world with some hoity-toity interface and stupid features such as automatically returning two lines when you hit enter. Honestly, I don’t want it to do that and I’m willing to bet that’s just one of the features that makes the new Office so downright annoying. And oh yeah, Excel? Just try and find some of the great features that 2003 had in 2007. Oh, they’re there, but they are buried under tab after oversimplified tab. Don’t forget about the fact that you have to save it in the right format for it to work one way or the other. Here’s a wild idea Microsoft, why don’t you just use one freaking format. I mean, honestly, it’s absolutely ridiculous. Oh yeah, every class at just about every university is still asking for papers, excel workbooks, and powerpoint presentations in 2003 format. Good job Microcrap.
        x2!

I think the only people that like it and think it's "better" than 2003 are the REALLY retarded people that don't really know how to use computers. It's SUPER dumbed down that people with actual computer knowledge get frustrated with it.

Kinda like the whole xs/xsi Canon dslr series.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ignorant, incompetent, non-reading/illiterate motherfawkers!
          RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            x2!

I think the only people that like it and think it's "better" than 2003 are the REALLY retarded people that don't really know how to use computers. It's SUPER dumbed down that people with actual computer knowledge get frustrated with it.

Kinda like the whole xs/xsi Canon dslr series.
            Exactly, I don't need 1/5 of the screen used up by their huge boxes to navigate through colorful menus to change the spacing from double to single (Which is another genius default that Microsoft decided to add).

Comment

Damn paperclip!
              wat?

Comment

I used to not like Office 2007 just like you. Once you get used to it, however, it's really not that bad. Of course, it helps that a class I took literally dealt strictly with Office 2007.

I guess my university is different than yours. The only "formatted" papers my teachers want to see are papers written in MLA/APA/AP style. I can see where you get frustrated with the software, but you won't see Office 2003 in many places soon enough.
                Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post

awesome

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    Damn paperclip!
                    I love that little guy. Sometimes.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

When I'm prompted to press ANY key on the keyboard. I can't find the damn ANY key on the keyboard.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                        When I'm prompted to press ANY key on the keyboard. I can't find the damn ANY key on the keyboard.
                        Good one, Homer.

My job requires me to use 2003 as well. Thankfully!

Comment

fake e-thugs....they are giving real e-thugs like myself a bad name
                          If you gonna be a e-thug make sure you can back it up in real life or else its a major fail!
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

My school and job require 2007. At first I didn't like it because I was use to 03, but once you get use to the different setup (2007), it's much more user friendly.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I guess I'm just rooted in my old ways. Anyway, I get the feeling this one will get the pot stirred a little more

2. Macs

Ok, I get it. You’re cool. But not like kick ass cool. No, you’re one of those “I go against the grain” kids. And your sleek, uber anti-establishment Macbook really shows it. When people ask you what type of computer you have you are quick to quip “A Mac” in that condescending voice like the person asking you has no idea what it really means to be intelligent. Guess what? No one gives a shit. Odds are, you wear absolutely ridiculous clothes and say you love the environment and a lot of other crap. Truth is you are just like every other kid out there, only difference being that you think you’re cool while everyone else sits back and laughs. You claim that it’s so much better than any PC in every way, from its sleek interface to its awesome performance. Once again, WRONG! Sleek interfaces don’t always make a great design (see Office 2007 for more on this). And performance? Please, unless you have the best MacBook Pro you ain’t bringing shit to the table in terms of performance. Protection from spyware, viruses and the like is better, I’ll give you all that one. But does that really allow you to sit there and scoff at us peons working away on our PCs? I think not. Oh yeah, the buissness world called and wondered if you had any experience with a PC because, to your disappointment, that’s what the majority of the world uses. And those stupid people at Apple finally smartened up and introduced, holy shit, a mouse with two buttons. Seriously, get over yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X