Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really need to stop looking for interesting cars on ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to stop looking for interesting cars on ebay...

I want to buy everything! I just found this Mazda Chantez. Mazda's answer to the Honda Z600. It's a little 35hp 2 cylinder kei car.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...m=330322052812

Anyone wanna loan me $4,000? (I blame Danny for this... he got me looking for old cars to import with the story of his 9 Minis!)

Cute little bugger, isn't it? lol I'm thinking a 'busa swap.

Comment

I always thought that with the Z600! I've been interested in one of those for a while. I think the Mazda looks even better, though.

I actually emailed a guy that restored the old Hondas... I asked abuot a sport bike motor swap. He ignored me.

Comment

its bad ass
        4age fit?

Comment

I love the 4age, but fuck that, keep it Mazda, what was I thinking? 20b FTW!!!

Comment

Rotaries are tiny. I bet one would fit!

There was a motorcycle with a rotary. I don't know much about it, but that may fit!

Comment

forgot is was a mazda
              my bad, what motors did mazda make that were badass besides rotory

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                forgot is was a mazda
                my bad, what motors did mazda make that were badass besides rotory
                Nothing. I've been dissapointed in every other Mazda motor.

Comment

lol, wow that not really good to say about a car company when there only known for one engine

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                    lol, wow that not really good to say about a car company when there only known for one engine
                    They're dependable, just dissapointing compared to the rotary.

Comment

The rotary still kinda bugs me... I'm fascinated by it, but it burns oil (that's part of the design), it has no low end power, and it's TERRIBLE on gas. It's cool, but not very practical.

Mazda's BP was a great motor.

Mazda is a weird company... they'll cheap out randomly, and go high-end randomly. Like the supercharger in the Millenia S. It's a Lysholm Screw type, which is more efficient and more expensive than the standard Roots blowers you find on most cars, including supercharged Mercedes Benzes!

Comment

the rotary is like communism only works in theory.....

Comment

No, it works really well. In most racing classes, the rotary's actual displacement is doubled to put the cars in a competitive class (so a 1.3L rotary would be in with 2.6L piston engines)

It's a great design... just totally impractical in most cases.

Comment

In a tiny flyweight thing like the Chantez, you really wouldn't need much in the low end. You could drop a boosted 13b in it and have a scary quick little ride. mileage would be better due to the lack of weight, but you're still stuck with the oil consumption. Although, IIRC, aren't our cars supposed to drink a little oil as well?

Comment

Not as far as I know... I know the oil consumption is part of the rotary design, though. I remember when I was shopping for an RX7, I was told that if a seller said "nope, doesn't burn a bit of oil!" NOT to buy it! Either they lie, or they don't know what they're talking about... OR, the motor is about to assplode!

Comment

Working...
                              X