need legal info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need legal info

i sold a dell laptop. the laptop wouldn't charge the battery and would give a error saying it didn't recognize the ac adapter. i told the guy before i gave him the laptop that it has charging problems and when i meet him i told him we could plug it up and refused. so he gets home and says it's defective. although i already told him and he's telling me that he can sue me for "delibertly selling a defective product for over $200" if i don't wanna refund him the money ($300) it was a nice laptop just had that problem. he said dell said it's the motherboard which i doubt because i've had the problem before on my compaq and replaced the battery and fixed it. i need the money for spring break. and heres the catch..

he logged on my email (idk how) and found out who i bought it from. my name. my address my number everything thru my older emails! my full name everything! and i think that's "invasion of privacy" aka this link http://law.justia.com/virginia/codes...8.2-152.5.html

so is "delibertly selling a faulty product over than $200" a felony? i google'd but came back negative

i'm pissed right now

i told him i'd give him his damn dirty money if he really wanted it back i'll just stay home spring break with my girl

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

If it was sold as is there is nothing he can do since you told him about the problem.
    wat?

Comment

§ 18.2-152.5. Computer invasion of privacy; penalties.

A. A person is guilty of the crime of computer invasion of privacy when he uses a computer or computer network and intentionally examines without authority any employment, salary, credit or any other financial or identifying information, as defined in clauses (iii) through (xiii) of subsection C of § 18.2-186.3, relating to any other person. "Examination" under this section requires the offender to review the information relating to any other person after the time at which the offender knows or should know that he is without authority to view the information displayed.

B. The crime of computer invasion of privacy shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

C. Any person who violates this section after having been previously convicted of a violation of this section or any substantially similar laws of any other state or of the United States is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

D. Any person who violates this section and sells or distributes such information to another is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

E. Any person who violates this section and uses such information in the commission of another crime is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

F. This section shall not apply to any person collecting information that is reasonably needed to (i) protect the security of a computer, computer service, or computer business, or to facilitate diagnostics or repair in connection with such computer, computer service, or computer business or (ii) determine whether the computer user is licensed or authorized to use specific computer software or a specific computer service.

(1984, c. 751; 1985, c. 398; 2001, c. 358; 2005, cc. 747, 761, 827, 837.)
      so going into my email and looking up my address on there is an invasion of privacy right?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        If it was sold as is there is nothing he can do since you told him about the problem.
        and i put sold as is in ad too.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
          so going into my email and looking up my address on there is an invasion of privacy right?
          He fucked up.

Fuck him, fuck him hard.
          wat?

Comment

he lives like an hour away but if he shows up here i'm calling the cops. i done told him if he wants to go to court bring it..

Comment

it's funny how he said this in quote

(i told him my friend was in expert on dells, not legally but expience wise)
              OK, I can see where this is going.............
              First, a VT graduate does not make one a Dell expert - to be a DELL "Expert", one must go to the technical classes offered by DELL and also must pass the exams.

I will discuss the issue Monday with my attorney and will proceed on his recomendations - Looks like you are not going to do what is right, so we will just have to settle this in the courts - delibertly selling a faulty product over $200.00 is a felony - check that with your legal expert who I'm sure also graduated from Tech.

Don't forget, I have the email correspondence sent between you and Justin - complete with dates. Don't believe me, read below:.............
              and below were the emails that me and the guy i bought it from before him that he invaded my email privacy to steal and snoop around

and a FELONY is like killin ain't it? i think this guy doesn't know what he's talking about..

Comment

Tell him to fist himself. Take screen shots of everything
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

will do..
                  he can't log into my email no more (i hope) i changed all my pw's i guess he had a way to get them from firefox although i thoguht i cleared everything. but i guess not.

Comment

the laptop is not charging probably because of the DC input on the motherboard is intact. It would need to be replaced and resoldered. If not that, battery or adapter could be the issue also.

Yes, its a invasion of privacy and tell that fucker hes going to get it when hes in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                      the laptop is not charging probably because of the DC input on the motherboard is intact. It would need to be replaced and resoldered. If not that, battery or adapter could be the issue also.

Yes, its a invasion of privacy and tell that fucker hes going to get it when hes in prison.
                      well if it was the dc output it would shut off with the slighlest touch of the ac adapter since battery is bad. and it wasn't doing that. but could be idk i'm no computer expert.

and LOL...

Comment

i'm guessing this guy thought since i'm hispanic taking me to court might scare me into refunding him the money. but that ain't gonna work on me lol..

Comment

you leave cookies on? maybe he went to yahoo/gmail w/e you use for email and your account was signed in?

Comment

i deleted cookies. i guess firefox saved the pw. idk..

but it wasn't log in. u would have to type the username to probably get pw or something. i'm not too sure..

plus he uses like "jetbroadband" email or w/e..

Comment

do you have a copy of the ad?

he's bluffing btw

BUT...if he isn't, then talk to a lawyer BEFORE the trial, ask about the invasion of privacy issue...you should have wiped the laptop so you may not have a case there...make sure and show them the ad as well. If you are good, ask the lawyer what you can sue him for...proly not anything but legal fees.

Have you changed your passwords since then?
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X