Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made it 46,000 miles before damaging the Fit... not too bad, I guess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it 46,000 miles before damaging the Fit... not too bad, I guess...

I came over a hill, after some dumbass nearly ran a stopsign and hit me... I was being dumb and looking in the mirror at the dumbass, and didn't realize that on the other side of the hill was a line of cars at a red light. The hill was actually a bridge, and the grooved concrete provided a lousy surface for my nearly bald tires to grip... I swerved left, like a moron. Thankfully, nothing was coming!

I hit a guy in an 06 Accord. Same color as my Fit. He saw me coming, and tried to move up... so that reduced the impact a bit.

No airbags involved, no cops involved, no insurance involved. Not even an angry word exchanged. The guy was cool. The downside is that the car is a lease, and going back TOMORROW! I'm paying out of pocket to get it fixed. The guy said he'd try to have it done as cheap as possible, so that's cool. He was a chill guy... I'm glad I didn't hit a sue-happy psycho!

You can see what happened to mine. There's a slight crack in the paint on the fender, but the majority of the damage was the plastic bumper cover. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Fit Sport bumper now. In time... gotta fix his car first. Here's his damage:

The bumper is cracked, so it MAY need to be replaced. We'll have to see. Hopefully they can just fill it, sand it, paint it, and call it a day. It's going back, so as long as the Honda dealership doesn't have a problem with it, it's good.

Sucks. This isn't what I've been saving my milk money for... but at least I have some saved... and at least the damage wasn't worse... and nobody got hurt!

glad no one got hurt and the guy was happy. too bad the fit is a lease and has to go back

also it looks by the pics like his bumper can be fixed without replacing it so thats a plus on the money part
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

that sucks...

JEEZ!

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't hit a sue-happy psycho!
        x2.

And Jesus...cant evar have anything nice...

Looks like your damage is worse than his.

Never though Id say to you, of all people, but...

Do Work.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
          glad no one got hurt and the guy was happy. too bad the fit is a lease and has to go back

also it looks by the pics like his bumper can be fixed without replacing it so thats a plus on the money part
          No, the Fit is mine. The guy's car is a lease. I'd be dead if I leased the Fit! I've had it since October, and I put 46,000 miles on it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            I've had it since October, and I put 46,000 miles on it!
            how in the world did you manage that whilst maintaining this site and driving your cb?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

instead of typing, he just talks and his phone automatically posts a new post with content. that way he can drive and still be on the internet.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Comment

^^

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                    i havent laughed that hard this month...BHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It'll buff out.

Sucks though. Sorry dude.
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

"CustomLowz".....should be "EpicWin".

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

oh , god custom lows your the shit

GL on getting you FIT fix deev

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

wow that sucks.

i couldve swore deev was here in orlando. it was a white guy with glasses and beard driving a white fit. coudlve swore it him

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

That sucks. I see quite a few Honda Fits around Omak. They're pretty sporty looking cars. I'd take one.

On a side note, I sub for this lady doing a courier route, well, her route is 435 miles a day. She's got a Chevy HHR, it's nearing 100,000 miles and she hasn't had it a year I don't think. It's hell. She said she bought a Geo Metro brand new and when she retired it, it had over 500,000 on the odometer. I think she said she had it 5 years. UGH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X