Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are all these H22 coming from ?

this could be a noobie ???? but i am just curious

its seems like everyone is getting a H no problem , as if these engines are growing on trees rapidly and the prices are dropping, wtf

i would have thought that H engines would become more rare
    ( more of a reason why i wanted one )

i've seen more members have the JDM over USDM motors. wouldnt it have been reversed since JDM is usually a harder to find ( i actually kinda happy mine is american a4)

to top it off most of these engine have low mileage

i love my H22 to death, but now its like everyone has one and i am starting to detach from mine b/c i'm started to feel as if i need to get something newer or its isn't just special anymore , sometimes i think that the 1500 bucks spent could have went to some thing better

i hear K20 are popping in the air, buts thats just out of the Question to spend that kind of $$$ on a 16 yr old car

are you guys understanding what i mean ?
    srry venting in a way
    ima going to change my sig >_>

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Just build your H and it won't be like the rest of the crowd...

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Regulations for cars especially older cars is really strict. In short it is very expensive to keep older cars because of taxes in Japan, in some cases it's cheaper and easier to buy new cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
        Regulations for cars especially older cars is really strict. In short it is very expensive to keep older cars because of taxes in Japan, in some cases it's cheaper and easier to buy new cars.
        is that what most of the parts we buy online from , parted out car that cant keep up with regulations ?

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
          is that what most of the parts we buy online from , parted out car that cant keep up with regulations ?
          In short yes.

I read a few months ago detailing the regulations and the procedures the government puts these cars through. It's Intense! If I remember correctly it's cars 5 years and older have to go through this inspection every year and they check it from head to toe. They check EVERYTHING and they'll fail you for something as minor as your headlights not being in proper alignment. It also is quite expensive because the government charges an arm and a leg for this inspection as well as they charge huge taxes when registering the car.

Comment

Want to be different, get a Carbed F18A. Or swap in a Domestic V6

Comment

just don't go and try swapping an F20C or anything.

Im going to attempt this someday. Gotta get my shit in line first.

Comment

Where are they coming from? Preludes, mostly. Some Accords.

Honestly, when I got my H22 back in 2003, I was king shit (until I met Accord SiR with his boosted H22... then I wasn't special anymore!)
                It was cool being unique, but regardless of who has what, I STILL have a fun 200hp powerplant under my hood. What the next guy has doesn't affect how much fun I have with my own car. Cars today can outperform an H22 powered CB7 easily anyway... in stock form. So what?

To put a lot of money into an old car shows love for the car itself. If you want the best platform for performance, the CB7 would've been a bad choice back in 1993... it's certainly no better in 2009!
                Still, the car has something to offer those that enjoy it. I like my car for many reasons that I just can't put into words. I've driven more powerful cars. I've driven lighter, better handling cars. I'm doing fairly well for myself now, and I could afford a "better" car... but I keep working on the old CB7 (which isn't even a great example of a CB7... it has rust issues, a worn interior, dents, scratches, crappy paint...)

Could I do what H22sparkle did, and move on to a cheap SRT4? They make crazy power, and they'll make even more power if you so much as sneeze at them. Of course I could do that. But the SRT4 wouldn't offer me what my CB7 offers me... that certain enjoyment that only THAT car can provide. To me, it's worth it.

Oh, and the CB7 will be making 230whp at least by the end of summer, if all goes as planned.

Comment

when i had a cb i wanted to do a bb6 5 lug conversion, put bb6 blades, bb6 cluster conversion, put an h22 on the car.... so i did that by just selling the cb and getting a bb6 lol.

even though a bb6 had an h22 equipped, i ended up doing a jdm h22a motor swap anyway.... go figure..

not to mention that my jdm motor was made in 1991.

Comment

Its because the H22 is the "big block" of the hondas for our cars. People want to raise HP and TQ so they go with the H or the F20B. Its just how it is.
                    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

This is the easiest answer or all time.

Do you want a note free car and have all the extra money to mod your car?

Or do you still want a newer car that you make a payment every month and let it sit stock.

Comment

Swap a J30A1 into it!

Comment

this thread has kinda pulled away from what the OP was getting at. i think.

to answer your question more specifically: engine importers usually recieve engines and trannies with usually about 30-45K on them.

and with a little help from trustmymechanic.com you will understand why there is a flood of JDM motors over here.

"There is no such law "requiring" engine replacement at a certain mileage. That is a urban myth propagated by importers and car owners who simply don't know or understand the situation in Japan. The high taxes (annually assessed), insurance premiums, gas costs, and especially the safety inspection/registration (occurs biennial) combine to keep turnover of vehicles high.

For example, the Safety inspection for your typical car (say Camry/Accord type) can typically cost $2,000....each time! New vehicles have a 3 year grace period before they are required to submit for the Safety Inspection. In other words, for a 10 year old car, you will have already paid over $8,000, in just Safety Inspection fees! Don't forget, gas over in Japan is also typically four times the cost of here in the U.S. Mileage is kept low on the vehicles as EVERYONE (unless your fabulously rich and patient) uses alternative transportation to get around. Most folks use the trains for local and medium distance traveling/commuting.

Far distances are taken by airplane and local transportation done by either bicycle or bus. In that society, your car tends to be a status symbol more than anything else. I hope this sheds a little more light for you!"

everyone has one cuz its the best way to gain 60+hp over stock for under a grand.
                          we may be cramping some of the OG's style but who really cares?

if you really want to be different drive a Yugo.
                          Last edited by H22Artman; 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

I'll put it like this, everybody on the site is going with the H22 or the G23. But alot of people don't know about the site that drives CB7. And when u show them u got a H22.. You can't get them off ur D!*k.... And when CIVIC guys see it too they go crazy about it because it's an ACCORD!!!
                            Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 04-09-2009, 11:01 PM.
                            Accord Of The Month January 09
                            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                              this thread has kinda pulled away from what the OP was getting at. i think.

to answer your question more specifically: engine importers usually recieve engines and trannies with usually about 30-45K on them.

and with a little help from trustmymechanic.com you will understand why there is a flood of JDM motors over here.

"There is no such law "requiring" engine replacement at a certain mileage. That is a urban myth propagated by importers and car owners who simply don't know or understand the situation in Japan. The high taxes (annually assessed), insurance premiums, gas costs, and especially the safety inspection/registration (occurs biennial) combine to keep turnover of vehicles high.

For example, the Safety inspection for your typical car (say Camry/Accord type) can typically cost $2,000....each time! New vehicles have a 3 year grace period before they are required to submit for the Safety Inspection. In other words, for a 10 year old car, you will have already paid over $8,000, in just Safety Inspection fees! Don't forget, gas over in Japan is also typically four times the cost of here in the U.S. Mileage is kept low on the vehicles as EVERYONE (unless your fabulously rich and patient) uses alternative transportation to get around. Most folks use the trains for local and medium distance traveling/commuting.

Far distances are taken by airplane and local transportation done by either bicycle or bus. In that society, your car tends to be a status symbol more than anything else. I hope this sheds a little more light for you!"

everyone has one cuz its the best way to gain 60+hp over stock for under a grand.
                              we may be cramping some of the OG's style but who really cares?

if you really want to be different drive a Yugo.

that was some really good info, didnt realize why exactly motors have such low milage too, but you explained it well

Comment

Working...
                              X